9" Aftermarket Android Head Unit (Feature Overview / Installation)

jtrader

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK7 6MT, 2018 FK7 CVT, 2022 Odyssey EXL
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I got my head unit the m400, but im annoyed because they didnt attach the right wires for the fm radio, super annoying to me smh im gonna contact them and see what they say
Same here. In fact, you have the same exact problem I had. I will help you solve it. Give me a couple hours, I have to take my daughter somewhere, then I'll post back here the steps you'll need to take.

Edit: I PM'ed you.
Sponsored

Last edited:

caldersm44

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport - 6 Speed
Country flag
Yeah wish it had a flat matte finish too.
Dang....I guess I am the only one that likes the shiny black....LoL! I think it makes it pop! Have had no issues with mine to date.

I did try to add the built-in mic to the radio....and it worked....but it does not sound as good as the mic they shipped with the radio....especially now that I have it mounted under the visor.

Pitfighter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sedan LX
Country flag
Dang....I guess I am the only one that likes the shiny black....LoL! I think it makes it pop! Have had no issues with mine to date.

I did try to add the built-in mic to the radio....and it worked....but it does not sound as good as the mic they shipped with the radio....especially now that I have it mounted under the visor.
I like the shiny too - think matte would look more stock. I mounted the mic behind the steering wheel on left side and works better than stock. Real easy to do just run the wires from back of radio then up under the wheel. I put the 4g and gps in the very front left underwindshield. Let me know if anyone needs pics.

caldersm44

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I like the shiny too - think matte would look more stock. I mounted the mic behind the steering wheel on left side and works better than stock. Real easy to do just run the wires from back of radio then up under the wheel. I put the 4g and gps in the very front left underwindshield. Let me know if anyone needs pics.
I meant to say under the rear view mirror....not the visor. There is a channel where the roof meets the windows that you can hide the cable super easily. And for some reason there is no road noise like there is on the front left part of the window.

caldersm44

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
So you ran it up through the ceiling and to the mirror?
Sort of.....I ran it under the chase where the steering wheel is....and then up the chase on the left that houses the air bag. I then ran it along the top of the windshield....where it meets the roof...there is a small chase that runs that full length....it is hollow under ceiling all along the windshield. It's really slick....looks professional....and I suck at mechanically things...so you know this was easy. LoL..!

Ran it under here
Honda Civic 10th gen 9" Aftermarket Android Head Unit (Feature Overview / Installation) 1607105979404

Then up through this rubber trim
Honda Civic 10th gen 9" Aftermarket Android Head Unit (Feature Overview / Installation) 1607106011191

I don't have a final pic....but here is the first place I tried...but too much road noise....so I moved it from here to the right....using the ceiling to tuck in the cable
Honda Civic 10th gen 9" Aftermarket Android Head Unit (Feature Overview / Installation) 1607106246844

Last edited:

civic model x

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

I guess my mic was faulty as no one could hear me on the freeway. But same here. I have no issues with the unit. Enjoying the CarPlay. Also downloaded maps.me for free gps usage when needed. Feels like such a huge upgrade from the stock lx unit.

civic model x

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I placed my gps antenna and 4g antenna under the top dash where the gauges are. It’s same spot as stock unit placement. They have a bracket though but the 3m tape is good to stay. I ran the sim box to the glove.

Honda Civic 10th gen 9" Aftermarket Android Head Unit (Feature Overview / Installation) 93F71F75-C324-4A0D-A90B-69A484DE67E2

Honda Civic 10th gen 9" Aftermarket Android Head Unit (Feature Overview / Installation) 9D016389-1FD5-4AAC-BC98-156A3870D75E

caldersm44

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I placed my gps antenna and 4g antenna under the top dash where the gauges are. It’s same spot as stock unit placement. They have a bracket though but the 3m tape is good to stay. I ran the sim box to the glove.

93F71F75-C324-4A0D-A90B-69A484DE67E2.jpeg

9D016389-1FD5-4AAC-BC98-156A3870D75E.jpeg
Did that piece snap off....?

I just threw all my stuff behind the radio.....and it works great.

MyGirlsCivic

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic LX Sedan
Country flag
Same here. In fact, you have the same exact problem I had. I will help you solve it. Give me a couple hours, I have to take my daughter somewhere, then I'll post back here the steps you'll need to take.

Edit: I PM'ed you.
Do you mind sharing the steps? I seem to have been shipped the wrong adapter too.

Honda Civic 10th gen 9" Aftermarket Android Head Unit (Feature Overview / Installation) 20201203_163329