Building a Better Civic (2019 FK7 Sport Hatchback)

jaybuckets

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This CTR style was around for awhile, then it pretty much disappeared from the internet. I think the manufacturer in China stopped producing them and inventory dried up. I think SoCal Accessories in Montclair, CA might be the last place that has a few left. It’s not a perfect piece, but for $100 and some paint I can’t complain at all. I scrape way too much to spend really money on a lip.
ah alright thanks bro it's just so hard trying to find a good lip for these sports...only solid options is Mugen and idk if I wanna pay that much for a front lip lol
Sponsored

vladucard

First Name
Caspian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
More new updates. Since everything I wanted to do for my interior is on backorder, I turned my attention back back to exterior and performance mods. I’ve had the ABS Dynamics roof fins for awhile, but had some issues painting them myself since I was a total n00b to the process. I finally got them to color match close enough and didn’t screw up the clear coat like the last two times. I installed them to delete the roof spoiler. I was initially undecided on these, but it came out looking pretty good.

66D81FF1-BC07-4AB7-A3B9-28DE3253F5E6.jpeg

FD158035-2BF6-4912-8BBB-2F10597E5A8D.jpeg
I've been eyeing the ABS Dynamic fins myself but am a bit skeptical. Do you bolt them in or are they secured by tape?

Dope build, btw.

OP
OP
Feddy_Ace

Feddy_Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport CVT
Country flag
I've been eyeing the ABS Dynamic fins myself but am a bit skeptical. Do you bolt them in or are they secured by tape?

Dope build, btw.
Thanks! You can bolt them on. The holes are slightly smaller than OEM, so I had to use my drill bit to open them up a little. Once I did the stock bolts screwed right in.

vladucard

First Name
Caspian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thank you for your reply, that is very helpful! Can't wait to see what else you do to your civic!

OP
OP
Feddy_Ace

Feddy_Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Finally got around to install my Rev9 intercooler. I was pretty impressed with the unit for the price. Look pretty well finished and it’s way bigger than stock.

Honda Civic 10th gen Building a Better Civic (2019 FK7 Sport Hatchback) F04E98E1-A484-4A5C-B48D-56A8D36A3AEE

Install was pretty straight forward. I already had my bumper off to do some cosmetic work, so install took maybe 35 minutes top. It bolted right up with no issues.

Honda Civic 10th gen Building a Better Civic (2019 FK7 Sport Hatchback) BD3086CC-AD10-4CCA-92AA-60C830849CB4

I haven’t had time to fully test it, but so far, no codes errors. Once my car is back in one piece I’ll see how it performs, but there’s plenty of others on the forum with this unit and everyone reports good drops and less heat soak.

This is (almost) the last of my engine mods. Right now it runs strong and seems to have added some timing. For the first time I’m able to rev right up to redline without the car shifting the ratios. Performance wise, I’m not really wanting for more. So I’m sticking to the stock tune.

vtecr

First Name
FK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK7 GT-Spec Daily, EP3 Type-R, EP1 Project, EU7 Beater (+ others I care less about...)
Country flag
Nice little project you have going on here. I spy a nice little E30 hidden away there too? :D

OP
OP
Feddy_Ace

Feddy_Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Nice little project you have going on here. I spy a nice little E30 hidden away there too? :D
No, you’re mistaken. It’s TWO hidden E30s haha. There’s a convertible tucked away on the other side. They’re my wife’s babies. Once I’m done with my Civic I can start helping her on the E30s and hopefully have at least one rolling by summer.

vtecr

First Name
FK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK7 GT-Spec Daily, EP3 Type-R, EP1 Project, EU7 Beater (+ others I care less about...)
Country flag
No, you’re mistaken. It’s TWO hidden E30s haha. There’s a convertible tucked away on the other side. They’re my wife’s babies. Once I’m done with my Civic I can start helping her on the E30s and hopefully have at least one rolling by summer.
Nice... I'm a big fan of old skool BMW's too. I have an E34 tucked away the past 10 years or more that'll hopefully be seeing some daylight this spring. :)

OP
OP
Feddy_Ace

Feddy_Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Nice... I'm a big fan of old skool BMW's too. I have an E34 tucked away the past 10 years or more that'll hopefully be seeing some daylight this spring. :)
Dope! I have developed a soft spot for the e34. We have 4 bimmers, an e46 and a M235i. Nearly just bought an M2 Comp, but the dealership was playing games. I’m thinking of turning the e46 into something. We tried selling it, but they’re just not worth much these days, so we might as well get creative with it. We both want to autox and time attack, so we’re thinking of a track build.

RNfk7noob

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback LX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey I've been following this thread for a while, your build is definitely inspiration to what I want to do to my ride

OP
OP
Feddy_Ace

Feddy_Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Just a couple quick updates:

I got the chance to check my temps after the intercooler install. I’m seeing 0-2 degrees over ambient in normal conditions and only about 6 degrees above ambient after sitting and soaking. I was 10 degrees over ambient normal driving and nearly 20 degrees over ambient soaked in the stock IC. So consider this yet another confirmation the Rev9 IC works great.

I also got chance to replace my stock head unit. I picked up a Hizpo Android unit on Amazon on open box deal. I used a gift card my job gave me as a present, so this upgrade was pretty much free!

Honda Civic 10th gen Building a Better Civic (2019 FK7 Sport Hatchback) BBCB0A7C-7F3C-4837-92BA-56F51D800C30

Install was pretty simple and thankfully the guys here in the forum showed me how to get STC functions back. I installed a new car launcher which incidentally matches the OEM font on the dashboard, so the unit looks like it could be totally factory. So far it works well enough, but gets a little laggy at times. Music clarity is so much better and the cabin feel is completely different.

My next big project is installing my new interior trim. I was able to snag the 2020 cloth/vinyl trim set for an absolute steal. In other news, against my more prudent advice ?, my wife decided to go with the M2 Comp 6MT. Another BMW added to the fold.

Honda Civic 10th gen Building a Better Civic (2019 FK7 Sport Hatchback) B213F9EB-F8FE-4945-BB5B-C263ED3BDED8

OP
OP
Feddy_Ace

Feddy_Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I finally got fed up with my exhaust drone and went to my shop for a solution. They suggested a round Magnaflow muffler and piping they’ve seen work for other customers. I dropped my car off yesterday and let them get to work. They came up with a nice setup that keeps the OEM style dual outlet. You can barely notice it’s aftermarket.

Honda Civic 10th gen Building a Better Civic (2019 FK7 Sport Hatchback) CECF57C4-C3DC-497B-89D3-0349BA003E21

Close up look:
Honda Civic 10th gen Building a Better Civic (2019 FK7 Sport Hatchback) A08990A7-DE15-48B8-BC7B-B00412858B5C

The result:
Ding dong, the drone is gone! This completely took away all the drone out of the cabin, even at highway speed. The tone is deep and mellow. It’s louder than stock, but not remotely obnoxious. Sounds really good when it rips and quiet as a church mouse when creeping past the cops. I was initially going to get a Greddy cat back, but I’m glad I went this route. It was a very inexpensive solution.

Unity Performance

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Website
unity-performance.com
Vehicle(s)
Current Fleet: 18 Si, 20 FK8, 23 FL5
Country flag
Just a couple quick updates:

I got the chance to check my temps after the intercooler install. I’m seeing 0-2 degrees over ambient in normal conditions and only about 6 degrees above ambient after sitting and soaking. I was 10 degrees over ambient normal driving and nearly 20 degrees over ambient soaked in the stock IC. So consider this yet another confirmation the Rev9 IC works great.

I also got chance to replace my stock head unit. I picked up a Hizpo Android unit on Amazon on open box deal. I used a gift card my job gave me as a present, so this upgrade was pretty much free!

BBCB0A7C-7F3C-4837-92BA-56F51D800C30.jpeg

Install was pretty simple and thankfully the guys here in the forum showed me how to get STC functions back. I installed a new car launcher which incidentally matches the OEM font on the dashboard, so the unit looks like it could be totally factory. So far it works well enough, but gets a little laggy at times. Music clarity is so much better and the cabin feel is completely different.

My next big project is installing my new interior trim. I was able to snag the 2020 cloth/vinyl trim set for an absolute steal. In other news, against my more prudent advice ?, my wife decided to go with the M2 Comp 6MT. Another BMW added to the fold.

B213F9EB-F8FE-4945-BB5B-C263ED3BDED8.jpeg
Clean build so far! Also, nice Bavarian collection ?

Not too often we hear the Mrs. is actually the one who's spending a lot more on the car! I've had seat time in a 6MT M2 Comp as well, it's a terrific modern day sports car

OP
OP
Feddy_Ace

Feddy_Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Clean build so far! Also, nice Bavarian collection ?

Not too often we hear the Mrs. is actually the one who's spending a lot more on the car! I've had seat time in a 6MT M2 Comp as well, it's a terrific modern day sports car
Indeed. She’s got more expensive tastes than me to say the least lol. It’s a really good blend of being a great sports car, but something you can live with and daily drive. I’m still trying to convince her to let me take it out to the canyons and thrash on it, but it’s a no-go so far ?
Sponsored