Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Sedan 6 spd / 2019 Civic Coupe Sport CVT / 05 E46 M3 6MT Slicktop
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Oh and I hate the china front grill and it’s holding up like crap. Fading and hard to clean. So I ordered all new Honda OE front sport black grill pieces. My LX came all chrome and I sold my stock front grill on eBay so I need a replacement.
Sponsored

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX (Hatchback/CVT)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Preview of what is to come.
I spent a significant chunk in the past 2 weeks getting:

Recaro Tomcat Yellow seat
Planted seat base
MOMO Prototipo Steering wheel
Works Bell Hub
Boomba underhood Red anodized engine dress up kit (should go with my red intake boot)
Project Kics Neo Chrome lugs
RV-6 Catless Downpipe
K Tuner V1.2

yeah so the car will have a massive update soon!

40FF2AE2-00F0-4F03-9546-379FC06C5BDC.jpeg

Can't wait for results on weight difference.
As for the Ktuner upgrade, your topend should be really nice based on the Ktuner thread.
I am wondering what weight difference the RV6 pipe will have. I know when I did this on my Fit (I know...different platform but only way I can relate), the weight difference was about 11 lbs when going with a catless J's Racing downpipe. HERE
I did install an RV6 catless downpipe (HERE) but am kicking myself becuase I don't think I weighed it. Since it was catless as well, I can't imagine the weight being that different than the J's racing downpipe.

What are your expectations/predictions on the weight loss from the Recaro seat upgrade?

OP
OP
RS27

RS27

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Myx: I don’t expect too much weight lost with the Recaro seat. The stock seat is pretty light at about 37 lbs and I’ve been driving around with no seat cover or headrest. So that drops a bit. I think the seat is about 27 lbs and the base will probably be another 5. So maybe 2-6 lbs lost or something. Just nice to have a real seat again.

i was guessing 5 lbs in the RV-6 pipe. I’d be stoked to get 10! All while still hanging onto that lame stock muffler. For now.

I’m hoping for another 15lb total loss with the trio MOMO/Recaro/RV-6. And maybe a pound with the ultra lightweight lugs I ordered.

if I can be about 2,480 with full A/C, stock muffler, stock battery, steel hood (super heavy); then I’ve still got room to grow.

Reactions: Myx
OP
OP
RS27

RS27

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Woah nelly!! Installed the RV-6 catless downpipe tonight!

I didn’t flash the KTuner yet and it still rips significantly stronger than stock.
Currently running 87 octane too. Will be switching to 92 this week in prep for KTuner

It’s far more raspy than stock. Remember my exhaust is bone stock, but my car is stripped. I could hear the difference the second I started the car.
RV-6 pipe = 7.2 lbs
Need to weigh stock downpipe tomorrow and will report.

Honda Civic 10th gen LTW Project - warning ugly car inside D49F1FE0-5D9E-4571-825F-CFB832EB30CD

tripodog

First Name
kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 fc2 sport 2.slow
Country flag
Maybe you could find a sport exhaust for it. I like they way mine sounds. Good time without being loud. And it has the one muffler and resonator.
I don’t care the hdmi tip tho, I’ll probably change that

OP
OP
RS27

RS27

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Maybe you could find a sport exhaust for it. I like they way mine sounds. Good time without being loud. And it has the one muffler and resonator.
I don’t care the hdmi tip tho, I’ll probably change that
Ive been thinking about welding in something like that from Honda. A highish flowing muffler like from a RSX-S, Si, Sport, etc. But the lightweight snob in me wants a titanium muffler haha.

rbobby

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Country flag
Great thread. I always enjoy weight reduction journals. You can remove your strut alignment pins for a few more grams. Also, run less or no windshield washer fluid.

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

aerodynamics

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PWP 2020 Hatchback Sport Manual
Country flag
I was really surprised to see he wasn't using a lightweight battery. Figured it was in the works eventually. I had a two pound battery in my Fit and RAV4. Big difference in weight than stock.
The difference in weight is quite remarkable. Is it true the lithium ones that are 2-5lbs run into lifespan issues if the car isn't driven on a regular basis?

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The difference in weight is quite remarkable. Is it true the lithium ones that are 2-5lbs run into lifespan issues if the car isn't driven on a regular basis?
That is true. It is also true that you shouldn't drive them in really cold weather or cold temps. I drove with it in my Fit WAY more than I should have but I didn't run into any issues at all. I ran two versions of lightweight batteries in my RAV4 V6 but the 2nd really light one I only drove like that to and from the track. The first one died during a really cold winter and not starting it for a few days.

BTW: I made a mistake about the weight. It was 3lbs, not 2lbs. Close enough! Found an old thread I mentioned it in HERE
My stock RAV4's battery weight was 36.2lbs so shaved off 33.2lbs simply by changing to the lighter weight battery. It was an Evolution Ballistic battery. Don't think they make them anymore.

It would do @RS27 good to go lighter in this department.
Honda Civic 10th gen LTW Project - warning ugly car inside 2s7uUA

And video of me starting my RAV4 with that baby battery.

Last edited:
OP
OP
RS27

RS27

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
^ I am very aware of the weight savings with the battery. It’s just there is so much conflicting comments as to how reliable they are and what is the best option. The antigravity one looks like the best option, but it’s $800. Yikes.

Today is an off day from work so I enjoyed the weather and so did the whip. (Photos below by Diamond Head, Oahu).

We flashed the pcm yesterday. Still need to turn off the O2 sensor code for the check engine light.

Put in my first tank of 92 and ripped on it a bit. I credit KTuner for this flash. The car is very smooth in its power delivery. Very stock like with some more punch. I’ve read that it’s so smooth that the 5300 rpm VTEC crossover is difficult to tell. I’m with those guys. I’m used to a K20Z1 where it’s really noticeable. I can kind of hear the difference but it’s small. For a stock car, it’s kind of loud with RV-6 catless downpipe and the KTuner.

I think I will set the throttle response at 2 and see how I like it. I think we set it at 1 and it seems like stock to me (maybe we did leave it at stock, idk).

The lugs arrived. Gotta be the best looking/quality lugs for the price (that aren’t full titanium and $400). I’ll put the lugs on tomorrow.

Really missed the OE front end look. If anyone wanted to switch your front grill to the glossy black from the Civic Sport Hatch, it DOES REQUIRE CUTTING to fit.
The glossy front part numbers are slightly different from coupe/sedan to hatch. The hatch ones are half the price though. Even for the eyelids.

Honda Civic 10th gen LTW Project - warning ugly car inside 12A6528E-2911-494D-886F-EED0D80A376F

Honda Civic 10th gen LTW Project - warning ugly car inside 40CC2AA4-341D-49F0-8D2D-2A2D711CA3B2

Honda Civic 10th gen LTW Project - warning ugly car inside 65EB212C-77A4-458C-826B-630942A89EE2
Honda Civic 10th gen LTW Project - warning ugly car inside 47C96FF9-3CFE-44DE-98F2-A432295EC336

circuit.heart

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Sport (Si converted), '94 525i x2
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Antigravity makes awesome batteries, one of the few brands that can long-term survive the alternator charging it back up in bursts (alt varies with rpm and load, just so we're on the same page). It's worth the money if you are going after times.

But you do have to keep it on a trickle charge if you're not driving it every day. Lithium-chemistry cells do NOT tolerate being drained dry.

OP
OP
RS27

RS27

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
^thanks for the insight circuit.heart. My excitement for the weight reduction for the downpipe was shot. A whooping 4 lbs! Lol. Every bit counts.
I saved 252 grams with the lug swap. That’s like 60% of a pound!
So when I do get 20+lbs in one crack with the antigravity battery, I’ll be very pleased.

does anyone know if the default tune for the K20C2 keeps fuel cut at only 6800 rpm? I was kinda bummed tonight when I slammed into the rev limiter at 6800. I know there’s not much power after that, but some guys went as far as 7200 rpm. I’m thinking 7000 rpm would be a good compromise.

OP
OP
RS27

RS27

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Ok so I’ve been slacking.
First, I sent the under hood dress up kit back. Kind of meh color and some parts were too tight of a fit. I guess I’m more go than show anyways. As evidenced by photo below. ?

I was looking into removal of rear 5 mph impact beam. The thing is steel and I was shocked when I weighed it 17 pounds!!
I removed the driver airbag and surrounding controls for phone and cruise control. That saved another 3.115 pounds. So today was a 20.3 lb loss. Not bad. That puts me at 2,473 lbs.

I forgot to get the huge hex socket to remove the steering wheel bolt. So I now have a stripped center wheel. Haha ugly.

The Nengun works/bell hub finally came DHL from Japan. So I’m ready to get the MOMO Prototipo installed this coming week. Also going to prep the side chrome trims for the blackout tape install.

Not sure what to do on the seat situation. The Recaro SR3 Tomcat has a fat base that protrudes too low to fix mount the seat. So I have to buy recaro sliders. So far $250 shipped is the going rate. Junk.
May consider finding a way to mount that mint condition Honda Insight gen 1 passenger seat onto the Planted base. If that works I’ll sell the Tomcat.

Honda Civic 10th gen LTW Project - warning ugly car inside 781E91C5-968A-4F02-818E-E702B4CA33AC

Honda Civic 10th gen LTW Project - warning ugly car inside 6423AF10-CAC2-4D88-BDDE-7CE51B43DF0C