lex97h

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CIVIC SI
Country flag
Those free multi point inspections are a joke too. Had a blown headlight bulb and they missed it twice.
Not to mention the bubble I had on the tire.
Sponsored

Phy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Civic HB ST, '18 Civic HB EX, '04 Ford Ranger
Country flag
Not to mention the bubble I had on the tire.
Did anyone at any point mention getting the tire replaced or did they only care about covering their ass?

OP
OP
lex97h

lex97h

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CIVIC SI
Country flag
Did anyone at any point mention getting the tire replaced or did they only care about covering their ass?
That’s when I got suspicious when the adviser didn’t mention the bubble on the tire.

• Haha
Reactions: Phy

Romeoridgee

Honda Dealer Tech.
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 SPT 17 EX-T 08 LX 21 CRV 12 Acc 14 328I CONV
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Sometimes you get a bad apple. We are not all like that. I performed a pdi and accessory installation on a 21 Ctr the other day and left the front tag bracket in the trunk. Management asked and argued to put the front tag bracket on and I counter-argued that they all will be thanking me when the next owner thanks you for not putting it on. I pay attention to the little things because I am part of those enthusiasts out there and treat almost every car as my own which I take deep care of, however I do not recommend services to customers who’s vehicle does not need. Quality over quantity. I’m sorry you and others go through situations like that. I only pray those bad apples get their shit straight so the rest of us good techs don’t get looked down upon from doubt and distrust. Those of you in Maryland want quality service come to Darcars Honda in Bowie and ask for Robert to perform your wanted services!

parshisa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic X Hatchback LX
Country flag
Try to find the dealership you;d trust to do warranty repairs. For the basic maintenance - just do it yourself.

OP
OP
lex97h

lex97h

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CIVIC SI
Country flag
Sometimes you get a bad apple. We are not all like that. I performed a pdi and accessory installation on a 21 Ctr the other day and left the front tag bracket in the trunk. Management asked and argued to put the front tag bracket on and I counter-argued that they all will be thanking me when the next owner thanks you for not putting it on. I pay attention to the little things because I am part of those enthusiasts out there and treat almost every car as my own which I take deep care of, however I do not recommend services to customers who’s vehicle does not need. Quality over quantity. I’m sorry you and others go through situations like that. I only pray those bad apples get their shit straight so the rest of us good techs don’t get looked down upon from doubt and distrust. Those of you in Maryland want quality service come to Darcars Honda in Bowie and ask for Robert to perform your wanted services!
Car enthusiast tech are only a handful in dealership. Most tech are quantity over quality unfortunately.

Try to find the dealership you;d trust to do warranty repairs. For the basic maintenance - just do it yourself.
I do, did trust this dealership because I used to bring all my honda there for service and warranty work. But with this happening, I will be performing this maintenance.

svffr

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'13 PMM Civic EX, '19 CBP Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You know, you'd think by taking it to a HONDA dealership you'd be getting the best service for your vehicle but these places just want to nickle and dime you and its f*ing aggravating.

Its hard to find a reputable place nowadays. Good luck to you.

OP
OP
lex97h

lex97h

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CIVIC SI
Country flag
You know, you'd think by taking it to a HONDA dealership you'd be getting the best service for your vehicle but these places just want to nickle and dime you and its f*ing aggravating.

Its hard to find a reputable place nowadays. Good luck to you.
There was a customer in front of me speaking to an adviser and was told he needed four tires, complete brake job with rotors for the rear and pads only for the front to the tune of $1500. I just couldn't believe the customer agreed to the job. I think it would've been cheaper if he took the vehicle to a indy shop. But if he's okay with the price, who am I to argue.

Romeoridgee

Honda Dealer Tech.
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 SPT 17 EX-T 08 LX 21 CRV 12 Acc 14 328I CONV
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
There was a customer in front of me speaking to an adviser and was told he needed four tires, complete brake job with rotors for the rear and pads only for the front to the tune of $1500. I just couldn't believe the customer agreed to the job. I think it would've been cheaper if he took the vehicle to a indy shop. But if he's okay with the price, who am I to argue.
Sounds about right from a Dealership.

Last edited:

civicmanic

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring ; 2020 CR-V Sport(wife)
Country flag
Oh and there is no such thing as a 1 side tire rotation.

Front go straight back to the rear, rears cross to the front.
Directional tires can't criss cross. Fronts go straight back and vice versa.

OP
OP
lex97h

lex97h

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CIVIC SI
Country flag
Yelp says it all! Did you buy your Si from them? Why did you go to them for service?
I bought the SI from DCH honda which is about 15 miles away. I didn't get it from Open road is because they gave me a low ball offer on my trade in which was actually an early lease return. Open road was actually the closest to me, they're about 3 miles from where I live so that is why I took my vehicle to them in the first place. Now I am having second thoughts about bringing my vehicle there for future service even though they offer a free oil change due to this incident.

zspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback FK7
Country flag
I bought the SI from DCH honda which is about 15 miles away. I didn't get it from Open road is because they gave me a low ball offer on my trade in which was actually an early lease return. Open road was actually the closest to me, they're about 3 miles from where I live so that is why I took my vehicle to them in the first place. Now I am having second thoughts about bringing my vehicle there for future service even though they offer a free oil change due to this incident.
I would definitely avoid that dealership in the future.

I had an incident with Burns Honda at Marlton, NJ where the tech over tightened my lugnuts to 110 lbs. The Costco tech needed to snap one of the studs because it wouldn’t come loose. I already marked the Honda tech who did that to my lugnuts and will not go back to them again.

civicmanic

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring ; 2020 CR-V Sport(wife)
Country flag
You’re right. But most aren’t directional
You said above there is "no such thing as rotating one side". There is.
As for most tires not being directional, you'll have to show me the stats on that. Because many of the tires I have had on my cars over the years have indeed been directional, especially the winters..

Right now we have goodyear nordic on the cr-v, they're directional. And we have pirelli ice zero's on the civic which are also directional.
Sponsored