What did you do to your Civic today? (II)

oberstja

First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Met up with a local 10th Gen civic owner and we swapped wheels today. I’m looking to trade in my Civic at the end of next year and was trying to find a set of OEM wheels before I decide to do that. Sad to be losing my Avid wheels, but they’re going to a great owner who has big plans for his Civic build! I like the refresh they did on the 2020 sport wheels.

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 8106D9F2-97D2-4105-A51E-1C263CADCBAD

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) A0D95A2B-8A82-49DE-A055-4646F42AC5A1

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Trying to patiently wait to get past this winter, but, it's not easy. Took a pic of my anthracite color wheels today, and that color is perfect with Cosmic Blue.

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) IMG_20201113_112243250_HDR~2-01

Last edited:

disgraced.fk8

IG: @break_ya_neck_fk7
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I had a 1987 Acura integra 3 door with the rear wiper and i had louvers... they were made with the wiper in mind, never had an issue - sold it with 275k miles after 15 years.
Sounds like an opportunity to design some in CAD and try 3D printing them!

yansag1982

First Name
Yanick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Coupe Sport 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You'll have to make further reviews on the stuff you ordered from them. I've seen a lot of those pieces on ebay and on the link you posted, it looked like "picked up off a truck" prices. Have you received any other parts from your list?
Alright so since you asked and i know a few other folks also are into this kind of stuff...today i received another item and it's 66% great...let me explain!
So this is the order i placed on AliExpress...inexpensive:
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 1605294506425

This is what i received:
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 1605294568250

See how they are 2 different packages...keep this in mind it's important.
The lower part...it's crap...it's made of plastic it's impossible to bend and i broke it when trying to put it in place even the shape isn't perfect, it's shite:
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 1605294954970

BUT not all is lost because i quite like the fit of the upper parts, those are a soft rubber and the quality is great overall and it stick extremely well too (impossible to remove now)
And why the honda logo on my wheel always looks pink when i take a pic with my phone?

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 1605295206994

So yeah...i'm totally asking them for a refund and i know i'll get it ill send them the pictures of the bottom aweful part and i'll get my money back :) hehe

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

_1slowsi_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' Si
Country flag
Trying to patiently wait to get past this winter, but man, it's not easy. Took a pic of my anthracite color wheels today, and man, that color is perfect with Cosmic Blue.

IMG_20201113_112243250_HDR~2-01.jpeg
i wish the si came in that color! when i got my first civic 2017 was the ex sedan in the cosmic blue!

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
i wish the si came in that color! when i got my first civic 2017 was the ex sedan in the cosmic blue!
I'm building my gtman style Cosmic Blue "Si" one part at a time. ? What's funny with this color is I hear a lot of people on the forum saying they love it and surprisingly a lot of people that say it's the worst color.

My original plan was to buy a PMM hatch. The day I bought my car, I looked at the PMM hatch and the Cosmic Blue Metallic EX-L side by side and CBM won.

Last edited:

_1slowsi_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' Si
Country flag
I'm building my gtman style Cosmic Blue "Si" one part at a time. ? What's funny with this color is I hear a lot of people on the forum saying they love it and surprisingly a lot of people that say it's the worst color.

My original plan was to buy a PMM hatch. The day I bought my car, I looked at the PMM hatch and the Cosmic Blue Metallic EX-L side by side and CBM won.
Great color choice on that upcoming si :headbang: i personally think you have the best color! NOW if the Type R came in that color ? as much as l like my car i will never get another black car! so hard to keep clean.

justasimpleman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 PWP FC1 Si
Country flag

Cosmic blue is definitely one of the best cws. When I bought my hatchback, I almost got the CBM ex... until I saw the dealership 20 mins away had the sonic grey pearl hatch, was a wrap after that. I wish CBM was available on the si.

WF19

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si sedan Aegean Blue Metallic; 2003 Pontiac Vibe (just sold)
Country flag
Received my Ktuner from forum member Jonnysuicide and flashed the Phearable tune. Only took it for a short test drive on Map 1 but I think I'm gonna need to have a lawyer on retainer :rolleyes: Shifting seems much improved.

skottharrison

First Name
Skott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic SI Sedan, 2021 Subaru Crosstrek
Country flag
This weekend, I'm going for the Perrin RMM inserts, got some Acuity parts for my Type-R shift assembly (Center spring & base bushings).... Also got some 0w-20 Ultra Platinum and Mobil 110A filter, but I think I'll hold off on the oil change for a bit more...
I will install the Perrin RMM inserts and give them a spin for a few thousand miles. If they don't fit the bill, I'll remove them when I change out the oil... Oh, and I'll install the Type-R Subframe brace I got as well.
Anyone interested in pics? these are all pretty common mods... Question is, will I tear apart my interior to install the shift assembly this weekend....

Feddy_Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport CVT
Country flag

Shit, I wish the hatches came in that color. Dark “midnight” blue has always been my favorite car color. It’s so rare to see it these days.

Feddy_Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport CVT
Country flag
With help from the guys @Discount Tire I got my new tires installed. After much debate I decided to go with the Nitto NT555 G2 in 235/40r18. To me they seemed like a perfect balance of performance, treadlife, and price. After driving around on them for awhile, I think I was 100% right. They feel similar to the stock Continental ProContacts, but way more grippy and they ride slightly softer due to the higher sidewall. I’m really happy I went with these. They’re great for a spirited daily driver.

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 14BCF4EF-77C7-47FC-A11F-664015839E92
Sponsored