Post your tinted windows

CivicLX2016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic
Vehicle Showcase
It's definitely a perception of some (or many, possibly) people who don't tint their windows.

I think it's just the cool thing to do these days, but it bothers me that I see it in NJ even though it's illegal.
Sponsored

NiGHTS4EVA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
paseo
It's definitely a perception of some (or many, possibly) people who don't tint their windows.

I think it's just the cool thing to do these days, but it bothers me that I see it in NJ even though it's illegal.
Nj doesnt allow any tinting?

BillyCuth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
It's illegal in PA too, under technicality (PA Law is actually vague, but PennDot has a rule prohibiting it) but it's got nothing to do with being criminal. I understand it's for officer safety, but quite frankly this country was founded on freedom and liberty. Not allowing citizens to tint their cars to protect themselves from the sun or to protect their privacy is removing freedom. I get why it's like that in some states - but it does't necessarily make it right.

Has nothing to do with being cool either, unless your talking about keeping the interior of your car cool, and keeping a fading interior at bay.

Last edited:

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

I'm not necessarily sure this perception that some, or many, may have is true. IMO tinting (unless its limo tint) is a fairly innocuous thing to do. I think more people are just apathetic, they don't automatically assume the guy in the car next to them with tinted windows is a felon.

Another benefit that I don't think others have mentioned is protection from glare while driving. Backseat passengers have definitely been more comfortable now.

LBug

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
I'm not necessarily sure this perception that some, or many, may have is true. IMO tinting (unless its limo tint) is a fairly innocuous thing to do. I think more people are just apathetic, they don't automatically assume the guy in the car next to them with tinted windows is a felon.

Another benefit that I don't think others have mentioned is protection from glare while driving. Backseat passengers have definitely been more comfortable now.
Agreed, and now that I have tint and look around, it seems like more cars, trucks, and suvs have some degree or tint more than not. They should just change the law you have to roll your windows down if pulled over, which I do anyway. I guess if it's the cool thing to do, then consider us cool.

CivicLX2016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic
Vehicle Showcase
If it was legal in NJ, I'd probably have my windows tinted - I'm just jealous of everyone...but still, I do have the perception that drivers with tint are Fast and the Furious wannabee's

BillyCuth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Back on topic - I've scheduled my tint for next Monday and I cannot wait. I love this car completely as is, but the bright sun coming in on the sides is not something I am used to anymore. As the sun gets lower in the horizon the closer to winter we get, the worse the glare is gonna be.

I really hope it helps some with the speedo/odo glare. Driving into work in the morning, the sun is behind me on the driver's side and really causes a glare on the gauges. Kind of annoying, tbh.

BillyCuth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
30% Llumar CTX (ceramic) all the way around. I have to get the back two windows re-done, unfortunately...

Honda Civic 10th gen Post your tinted windows C5rzwws - Imgur

Honda Civic 10th gen Post your tinted windows GogG1Ij - Imgur

Honda Civic 10th gen Post your tinted windows yeRNjdo - Imgur

Honda Civic 10th gen Post your tinted windows a75qdS3 - Imgur

Honda Civic 10th gen Post your tinted windows LP2L8TF - Imgur

Honda Civic 10th gen Post your tinted windows eV3oAhX - Imgur

Honda Civic 10th gen Post your tinted windows Jhcmclh - Imgur