Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Sedan
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Just making this thread to keep a log and update my Civic Si. Hope ya'll can enjoy this journey as much as am.

What's Done:
EOS Clip-On Window Visors
Mishimoto Intake
Mishimoto Shift Knob
Invidia R400 Gemini Cat-back Exhaust
Eibach Pro Kit Lowering Springs
Hikari 2020 Low Beam LED Headlights
Hikari 2020 LED Fog Lights
AVID1 SL01 18x8.5 +35
Hankook Ventus V12 Evo 2
EOS Crystal Smoke Side Markers with Amber LED.
OEDRO Floor Mats

Govee RGB Interior Lights

Plans:
Hikari 2020 High Beam LED Headlights
Greddy Type-31E Intercooler Kit
Invidia Front Pipe
OEM Front Bumper Replacement or ABS Dynamics Type-R Style Front Bumper
ABS Dynamics Side Skirt Extension
ABS Dynamics Rear Lip Diffuser

Full LED Red Lens Bumper Reflector Lights

Honda Civic 10th gen My Rallye Red Si Build Journal 20200813_092324
Honda Civic 10th gen My Rallye Red Si Build Journal 20200814_174625

Honda Civic 10th gen My Rallye Red Si Build Journal IMG_20200821_171715_348
Honda Civic 10th gen My Rallye Red Si Build Journal Inked20200920_165732_LI
Honda Civic 10th gen My Rallye Red Si Build Journal 20200920_171604
Honda Civic 10th gen My Rallye Red Si Build Journal 20201222_173303
Honda Civic 10th gen My Rallye Red Si Build Journal 20201222_173246
Honda Civic 10th gen My Rallye Red Si Build Journal 20201222_170314

Honda Civic 10th gen My Rallye Red Si Build Journal 20210102_151359
Honda Civic 10th gen My Rallye Red Si Build Journal 20210102_151421
Honda Civic 10th gen My Rallye Red Si Build Journal 20210102_181059

Honda Civic 10th gen My Rallye Red Si Build Journal 20201230_170900
Honda Civic 10th gen My Rallye Red Si Build Journal 20201230_173253
Honda Civic 10th gen My Rallye Red Si Build Journal 20201230_173313

Honda Civic 10th gen My Rallye Red Si Build Journal 153009978_151056900172361_5925461830291820387_n

Honda Civic 10th gen My Rallye Red Si Build Journal 153553332_338905327422216_904338534850864161_n

Honda Civic 10th gen My Rallye Red Si Build Journal 154209261_418672569196300_5704323693933293131_n

Last edited:

dktyson

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Looks sick man was about to do the exact same thing so can have my "build thread" not be blank in my account?

OP
OP
ayeitsmikko

ayeitsmikko

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Looks sick man was about to do the exact same thing so can have my "build thread" not be blank in my account?
Looking forward to yours man!

OP
OP
ayeitsmikko

ayeitsmikko

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
A bit frustrated with my service department experience at a Honda Dealership. So I went in because the grille clips on my car were off. I noticed this after I bought the car. Thankfully I took pics of the car before I signed off on it and it shows.

[This pic was taken today just to show how it looks]
Honda Civic 10th gen My Rallye Red Si Build Journal 20201022_080137

First visit was fine and they told me it was just a simple replacement grille - cool, sent me on my way and told me the would order the part and will be ready next week. 2 weeks later I called back because I never got a call and they told me the part arrived and they had left a message, but I did not receive a call or message. They told me to just come in and they'll take care of the issue and replace the grille.

Went in the next day, service tech told me that the grille was not the issue, but the whole front assembly/bumper since the top portion is connected to it. He said he can order the part, but it would take about 3-4 weeks and has to be painted and installed at a body shop. He did not mention a $ charge and just wrote in his note regarding ordering the front assembly.

A month and a half passed and I had no call, text, or email regarding the part so I called back and they told me the technician does not work with them anymore, and the "notes" were not updated. I was told to come back for a re-evaluation. So I went back, this time the new technician told me it was due to an "outside" force that cause the clips to come off and would not be covered under warranty.

At this point I was just frustrated and just got my car back and drove off the dealership. Thankfully the grille is not loose, so I'm hoping it would be fine to drive. Now I'm just thinking later down the line if I should just get an OEM front bumper replacement so I can just make sure the clips are back in place and have a piece of mind, or get a Type-R Style front bumper. I saw the prices for the bumpers unpainted and they're roughly the same price. The question is if I want to have a Type-R like front end or the OEM Civic Si front end.

Decisions decisions.

OP
OP
ayeitsmikko

ayeitsmikko

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Installed Hikari 2020 LED Lights to replace my Halogens. Light brightness/output is pretty good, but the distance is similar to my Halogens in the streets. I drive a lot on side streets so the streetlights don't help, but when I drive through a dark highway, these bulbs are bright and cover a farther distance.

I also installed the Lamin-X Yellow Fog Lights tint, but I may have to change the bulbs to LED's to avoid causing the housing to haze (Seen a few people say that those tints can cause the bulb housing to haze due to the heat of halogen bulbs.)

Honda Civic 10th gen My Rallye Red Si Build Journal 20201026_232917

Memnoch

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
A bit frustrated with my service department experience at a Honda Dealership. So I went in because the grille clips on my car were off. I noticed this after I bought the car. Thankfully I took pics of the car before I signed off on it and it shows.

20201022_080137.jpg

First visit was fine and they told me it was just a simple replacement grille - cool, sent me on my way and told me the would order the part and will be ready next week. 2 weeks later I called back because I never got a call and they told me the part arrived and they had left a message, but I did not receive a call or message. They told me to just come in and they'll take care of the issue and replace the grille.

Went in the next day, service tech told me that the grille was not the issue, but the whole front assembly/bumper since the top portion is connected to it. He said he can order the part, but it would take about 3-4 weeks and has to be painted and installed at a body shop. He did not mention a $ charge and just wrote in his note regarding ordering the front assembly.

A month and a half passed and I had no call, text, or email regarding the part so I called back and they told me the technician does not work with them anymore, and the "notes" were not updated. I was told to come back for a re-evaluation. So I went back, this time the new technician told me it was due to an "outside" force that cause the clips to come off and would not be covered under warranty.

At this point I was just frustrated and just got my car back and drove off the dealership. Thankfully the grille is not loose, so I'm hoping it would be fine to drive. Now I'm just thinking later down the line if I should just get an OEM front bumper replacement so I can just make sure the clips are back in place and have a piece of mind, or get a Type-R Style front bumper. I saw the prices for the bumpers unpainted and they're roughly the same price. The question is if I want to have a Type-R like front end or the OEM Civic Si front end.

Decisions decisions.
Fuck that, I would call honda of america and file a complaint against that dealership. There is no evidence of impact damage or anything that would cause the grill to separate like that. In fact it is a known problem with nearly all 10th gens.

OP
OP
ayeitsmikko

ayeitsmikko

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Fuck that, I would call honda of america and file a complaint against that dealership. There is no evidence of impact damage or anything that would cause the grill to separate like that. In fact it is a known problem with nearly all 10th gens.
The dealer knew it was common for the car to have that grille issue, but even with the new grille it would not sit in properly. :/

rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 sr5 access cab, 98 civic hx ej7, 2003 KLX400s
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

20201022_080137.jpg

Decisions decisions.
thats stupid man did you ever get this all dealt with?

OP
OP
ayeitsmikko

ayeitsmikko

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag

rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

OP
OP
ayeitsmikko

ayeitsmikko

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
damn that sucks man i would be mad if my dealer pulled that crap
Trust me I was mad just at the wait with no calls. I'm just glad it isn't loose. Thinking of getting an OEM one or just get a type R style replacement.

rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Trust me I was mad just at the wait with no calls. I'm just glad it isn't loose. Thinking of getting an OEM one or just get a type R style replacement.
i feel you man

OP
OP
ayeitsmikko

ayeitsmikko

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
OP
OP
ayeitsmikko

ayeitsmikko

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Added new wheels to the car :] Decided to go AVID1 SL01 18x8 8.5 +35 with Hankook Ventus V12 EVO 2
Honda Civic 10th gen My Rallye Red Si Build Journal 20201222_173303
Honda Civic 10th gen My Rallye Red Si Build Journal 20201222_170314
Honda Civic 10th gen My Rallye Red Si Build Journal 20201222_173246