First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Does anyone work for Honda? And I know this all usually depends on the dealership. My car is going in Friday to have the axles and CV joints checked. Low speed turns under 25mph give me noise. Noise when I barely move the wheel in the mornings and back out the driveway. I have a lot of suspension mods. FSwB, coils, endlinks, spacers, lateral locks, FStB but I removed that. Would any of those components possibly void the powertrain warranty? I will be flashing my ktuner back to stock just in case.
Sponsored

civicmanic

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring ; 2020 CR-V Sport(wife)
Country flag
It's not going to void the entire powertrain warranty, but I'd say you're sol when it comes to cv joints.

OP
OP

Kane666

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It's not going to void the entire powertrain warranty, but I'd say you're sol when it comes to cv joints.
The boot on it was replaced less than a year ago. But i wouldnt be surprised if youre right.

TypeX

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ASPEC RDX
Country flag
Does anyone work for Honda? And I know this all usually depends on the dealership. My car is going in Friday to have the axles and CV joints checked. Low speed turns under 25mph give me noise. Noise when I barely move the wheel in the mornings and back out the driveway. I have a lot of suspension mods. FSwB, coils, endlinks, spacers, lateral locks, FStB but I removed that. Would any of those components possibly void the powertrain warranty? I will be flashing my ktuner back to stock just in case.
even if you flash back to stock they can still see that itwas done (if you have catastrophic failure)
As for the suspension, they could say they aftermarket parts put stress on other parts.. really depends on the dealer/tech
And some parts have tamper seal on them so when they are swapped out they can quickly see if something was ‘put back’

for the cv joints as stated above i think better to start pricing out of pocket.

BoostinIX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SI Sedan
Country flag
You're in for a suspension/driveline claim with modified suspension/driveline. Nobody can answer for your dealership, depends what kind of day they're having. Don't be surprised if they nope right out though.

Edit: Looks like 50-60 on rock auto

Conika

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Country flag
The whole thing with covering repairs "under warranty" is they have to be able to prove that the mods you did caused the failure. With heavy suspension mods it will be really easy for them to deny the warranty claim. Take them donuts just in case. Its literally your only hope right now.

OP
OP

Kane666

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You're in for a suspension/driveline claim with modified suspension/driveline. Nobody can answer for your dealership, depends what kind of day they're having. Don't be surprised if they nope right out though.

Edit: Looks like 50-60 on rock auto
50/60?

OP
OP

Kane666

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The whole thing with covering repairs "under warranty" is they have to be able to prove that the mods you did caused the failure. With heavy suspension mods it will be really easy for them to deny the warranty claim. Take them donuts just in case. Its literally your only hope right now.
no of that should affect the axles though

BoostinIX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SI Sedan
Country flag
what did you mean on rock auto?
It was a price from buying them yourself on rock auto if warranty is denied.

no of that should affect the axles though
Altering suspension height for starters does. You've changed the intended angle the axles operate on. Also changed where the weak points in your system are, adding undue stress to the others, i.e. axles.

(Things they will probably say if denied)

OP
OP

Kane666

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It was a price from buying them yourself on rock auto if warranty is denied.

Altering suspension height for starters does. You've changed the intended angle the axles operate on. Also changed where the weak points in your system are, adding undue stress to the others, i.e. axles.

(Things they will probably say if denied)

oh thanks. and fuck. lol

DRUSA

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R 2000 Honda S2000
Country flag
<Works for Honda. Everyone responding is pretty much dead on accurate here.

It will really depend on the dealer. For us, axles require district manager authorization due to so many falsely diagnosed axle clicking replacements. They will rarely ever replace both axles at once now due to it as well, you will have to make 2 visits. If the dealer feels the warranty claim will be denied and they will not be reimbursed by Honda for the work, dealer will not do the work. If this was a car I was looking at, I personally would not care. You bought the car, you get the warranty in my book. But having said that I don't do multiple claims. For example, if you are burning through axles every month, naw you get one set and you're done for me. However, I won't deny claims just because the car is modified. If your stupid sh!t is causing reoccuring problems OR in general you never visit the dealer and are an asshole to us, usually deny it. Just being honest.

They should cover it if the car is at a moderate ride height and not dragging frame. Yes, lowering these cars will cause the axles to operate at angles not intended to by design and lead to premature failure as people have stated. Be nice to everyone you speak to, you should be fine.
Sponsored

Last edited: