Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
10th Gen CivicX CVT->MT
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I saw in Instagram that China sell aftermarket forged connecting rod for Civc X that allows us to use stock piston. This costs RM 3,600. Have you heard about this connecting rod?

IMG_4617.jpg
yes of course but you always get for what you pay. made in China vs well known proven make/brand product.
for internals I won't save that small difference. conrods are conrods, you can fit any pistons you want & I've got a spare si/crv piston + conrods.
you know I can get the stuffs that you may need, msg me.

OP
OP
CAPTS

CAPTS

First Name
TY
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
10th Gen CivicX CVT->MT
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
From reading threads like this ---> LSD and 60ft times ......

I may be in touch with you. ;) The results seemed to be all over the place though. It never made the times worse though.
LSD for CVT
Honda Civic 10th gen CAPTS KTuner Custom Tunes, Turbo, BTK, Engine, GB & Gear Set mmexport1599714771960
Honda Civic 10th gen CAPTS KTuner Custom Tunes, Turbo, BTK, Engine, GB & Gear Set mmexport1599714774731

Reactions: Myx

gcapraz

First Name
Gökhan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic sport plus
Country flag
I saw in Instagram that China sell aftermarket forged connecting rod for Civc X that allows us to use stock piston. This costs RM 3,600. Have you heard about this connecting rod?

IMG_4617.jpg
Hi arnoldo,

I bought it that con rod and i m using it without any issue.

When i got it, i had some special strenght test on it and it looks so good product

OP
OP
CAPTS

CAPTS

First Name
TY
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
10th Gen CivicX CVT->MT
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Hi arnoldo,

I bought it that con rod and i m using it without any issue.

When i got it, i had some special strenght test on it and it looks so good product
I know there are others who are using them too so far it's OK but how far it is being pushed is not really known.
what's the special strength test that you mentioned, some documented details & certified tests helps otherwise it won't be useful & it will only be based by a "hearsay".

Just my 2 cents & personal opinion, everyone can choose what they prefer but like i mentioned earlier as for internals i'd go for a reliable & proven brand/make.

Price wise is not that much of a difference & I have made comparison side by side, here it is published it on my FB page on 2 different types of L15B7 engine's, the stock internals + aftermarket.

https://www.saenzperformance.com/about-us
https://www.saenzperformance.com/honda-l1.5-s-series-connecting-rods/p2799

Last edited:

gcapraz

First Name
Gökhan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic sport plus
Country flag
I know there are others who are using them too so far it's OK but how far it is being pushed is not really known.
what's the special strength test that you mentioned, some documented details & certified tests helps otherwise it won't be useful & it will only be based by a "hearsay".

Just my 2 cents & personal opinion, everyone can choose what they prefer but like i mentioned earlier as for internals i'd go for a reliable & proven brand/make.

Price wise is not that much of a difference & I have made comparison side by side, here it is published it on my FB page on 2 different types of L15B7 engine's, the stock internals + aftermarket.

https://www.saenzperformance.com/about-us
https://www.saenzperformance.com/honda-l1.5-s-series-connecting-rods/p2799
Hi Capts,

the thing is for con rod, how much stress can hold it without any damage. so which means what kind of meterial of element do they use technically, so there is a machine that i have it shows the hardness of the meterial. i also made the same test with oem conrod. i made a comparison and i can see the differences. its almost triple time the hardness.

It does not matter where the location they made or produce it. It matters what kind of meterial and technic do they use it for product. There are many many company who are ther certificated producer for car manufacturer but nobody nows their name.

I also see the saenz conrod. its also so good. but its too much for my car. we can not reached over 500whp because of cvt. so no need proven brand for engine internals. But i choose JE piston which i use it before.

By the way, if you have a experience of cvt upgrades parts, pls share with us. i also finish internal parts of my engine and now i m looking for turbo upgrades. and no idea whats the limit of cvt.

OP
OP
CAPTS

CAPTS

First Name
TY
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
10th Gen CivicX CVT->MT
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Hi Capts,

the thing is for con rod, how much stress can hold it without any damage. so which means what kind of meterial of element do they use technically, so there is a machine that i have it shows the hardness of the meterial. i also made the same test with oem conrod. i made a comparison and i can see the differences. its almost triple time the hardness.

It does not matter where the location they made or produce it. It matters what kind of meterial and technic do they use it for product. There are many many company who are ther certificated producer for car manufacturer but nobody nows their name.

I also see the saenz conrod. its also so good. but its too much for my car. we can not reached over 500whp because of cvt. so no need proven brand for engine internals. But i choose JE piston which i use it before.

By the way, if you have a experience of cvt upgrades parts, pls share with us. i also finish internal parts of my engine and now i m looking for turbo upgrades. and no idea whats the limit of cvt.
it is interesting with the machine you used, mind to share the test results ?

there are people who knows the name or actual companies that produces them but most may not know.

like i said it is up to individuals to choose their products, yes for now CVT's can be limited but who knows what may come in the future for CVT's ? I have seen people DESTROYED their car with too much of abuse & it's only roughly 25xWHP probably due to improper tuning but mainly it is too much abuse with built internals but most of it help up.

i just shared LSD for CVT 2 or 3 pages up & if you have followed thru, I do have Stage 1 & 2 turbos available too. Everything has a limit but it also depends on the owner & there are CVT's over 300 WHP too & i regularly post updates on my FB page.

mid to share your build in more details with the test results you said you have done on the conrods & some dyno results ?

gcapraz

First Name
Gökhan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic sport plus
Country flag
it is interesting with the machine you used, mind to share the test results ?

there are people who knows the name or actual companies that produces them but most may not know.

like i said it is up to individuals to choose their products, yes for now CVT's can be limited but who knows what may come in the future for CVT's ? I have seen people DESTROYED their car with too much of abuse & it's only roughly 25xWHP probably due to improper tuning but mainly it is too much abuse with built internals but most of it help up.

i just shared LSD for CVT 2 or 3 pages up & if you have followed thru, I do have Stage 1 & 2 turbos available too. Everything has a limit but it also depends on the owner & there are CVT's over 300 WHP too & i regularly post updates on my FB page.

mid to share your build in more details with the test results you said you have done on the conrods & some dyno results ?
i have rockwell hardness test machine. pls check it

I have similar same equipment but its not calibrated need to calibrate every year for correct result. we did calibrate for 4 years but there is no need to change the scales so it passed 3 months for ending calibrations deadline. which i mean its not good idea to share hardness results and i dont want to be an authority or expert about it but i can say for compare between oem and maxspeeding or other popular brand conrod it almost 3 time hardnesses. so its so hard to change shape and it carries more stress on it. its my technical way to choose items for my car parts. i also made same test for je pistons and oem pistons. so maybe its not the correct test to say good or bad but i just want to compare with oem part.

arnoldo

First Name
Arnoldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback
Country flag
conrods are conrods, you can fit any pistons you want & I've got a spare si/crv piston + conrods.
you know I can get the stuffs that you may need, msg me.
Interesting. I don’t know anything about engine internal build. Workshops here told me that I must buy aftermarket piston if I want to use Saenz connecting rod & only this made in China rod that fits stock piston.

OP
OP
CAPTS

CAPTS

First Name
TY
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
10th Gen CivicX CVT->MT
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
i have rockwell hardness test machine. pls check it

I have similar same equipment but its not calibrated need to calibrate every year for correct result. we did calibrate for 4 years but there is no need to change the scales so it passed 3 months for ending calibrations deadline. which i mean its not good idea to share hardness results and i dont want to be an authority or expert about it but i can say for compare between oem and maxspeeding or other popular brand conrod it almost 3 time hardnesses. so its so hard to change shape and it carries more stress on it. its my technical way to choose items for my car parts. i also made same test for je pistons and oem pistons. so maybe its not the correct test to say good or bad but i just want to compare with oem part.
yes, data please, the result in paper if you have although it's not calibrated but can be used for reference.

any dynochart after upgrades ? i'm sure you tuned your ride & hopefully you're using KTuner too ;)

OP
OP
CAPTS

CAPTS

First Name
TY
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
10th Gen CivicX CVT->MT
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Interesting. I don’t know anything about engine internal build. Workshops here told me that I must buy aftermarket piston if I want to use Saenz connecting rod & only this made in China rod that fits stock piston.
i do agree with them in a way, since your engine will be rebuilt so must as well, if you did your research the base pistons are base pistons, you can match up with an Si piston or go aftermarket, what's the point of just changing the conrod only also your comp ratio is lower too just fyi.

How's your adventure with KTuner after switching over from Hondata ?

gcapraz

First Name
Gökhan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic sport plus
Country flag
yes, data please, the result in paper if you have although it's not calibrated but can be used for reference.

any dynochart after upgrades ? i'm sure you tuned your ride & hopefully you're using KTuner too ;)
i do not want to charging any company. its not legal to show result in public places.

I m waiting rv6 and w2 turbo chargers result then i will buy it which one be good for my car. after that i will made custom tune with hondata. I used it ktuner before but i change it to hondata for save cvt.

OP
OP
CAPTS

CAPTS

First Name
TY
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
10th Gen CivicX CVT->MT
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
i do not want to charging any company. its not legal to show result in public places.

I m waiting rv6 and w2 turbo chargers result then i will buy it which one be good for my car. after that i will made custom tune with hondata. I used it ktuner before but i change it to hondata for save cvt.
then you are in the wrong thread :p
Hop over to hondata & you might be able to get more info over there :cool:
TBVH no black & white proven documented data is still a "hearsay" at least to me.
GL with your upcoming turbos.

gcapraz

First Name
Gökhan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic sport plus
Country flag
then you are in the wrong thread :p
Hop over to hondata & you might be able to get more info over there :cool:
TBVH no black & white proven documented data is still a "hearsay" at least to me.
GL with your upcoming turbos.
if you want i can share it with you with e mail not in public places that anyone can use it. i m not sure that you can understand what it means it. if you need only number i can say oem conrod 20-24 hrc, forget conrod 75-80 hrc. the others who can understand for technical engineer languages.
i m not the first time doing that kind of thing. So whatever you can say hearsay the ideas but i m using the technical information. and sharing the information is not the thing that you can see it on a public social medias.

let me explain what i mean,

i try to find arp cylinder head bolts and i found it in some website. they are selling it. then i researched it and mail it to arp company, they say we dont have products for L15ba or L15b7 engine. which means, do not trust anything without see by yourself.

For conrod, i check the product and decide to use it. i also check the saenz and bccrower products too at the same time with same equipment. the results are the same. so its enough for me to use it.

You can choose what you want to believe it. bu i believe what i see it. you can take it or you can leave it.

gcapraz

First Name
Gökhan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic sport plus
Country flag
by the way how you can test your engine on dyno with cvt? it never show the correct information. because there is no 1 to 1 engine and transmission ratio so for cvt dyno datas are not showing real worlds ideas.

OP
OP
CAPTS

CAPTS

First Name
TY
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
10th Gen CivicX CVT->MT
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
by the way how you can test your engine on dyno with cvt? it never show the correct information. because there is no 1 to 1 engine and transmission ratio so for cvt dyno datas are not showing real worlds ideas.
yeah i think you are right ;)
Sponsored