9" Aftermarket Android Head Unit (Feature Overview / Installation)

caldersm44

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport - 6 Speed
Country flag
Wow....I was scared crapless to change that setting. Can u tell the difference?

The only place I can find to really turn off the AC is by going into where u change the car model...on the bottom right you can uncheck the AC box. But a red pop-up still comes up for me. Let me know if u find a way to completely remove any AC pop-up.
Sponsored

civic model x

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Wow....I was scared crapless to change that setting. Can u tell the difference?

The only place I can find to really turn off the AC is by going into where u change the car model...on the bottom right you can uncheck the AC box. But a red pop-up still comes up for me. Let me know if u find a way to completely remove any AC pop-up.
Not sure if it made a difference maybe the back up cam res? No clue but rebooted still on that setting. So I’m guessing the resolution is up. I’ll start looking at the setting some more for the ac. but my mic is not working so well maybe the placement. I am clear locally but once I hit the freeway I am staticky according to the other end. I’ll have to find a way to tap into the internal mic as 3 pole typically means noise cancelation as 2 pole means no noise cancel. From what I’m reading on audio mic plugs. Our stock mic consist of three wires. It’s possible that the stereo jack does not support noise canceling mic. Single ring mic vs dual ring mic.
Honda Civic 10th gen 9" Aftermarket Android Head Unit (Feature Overview / Installation) DE8D1656-7FA4-4411-9DFF-81E3AB5891D2

civic model x

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So it does appear after getting out of the setting the resolution just defaults itself back. Earlier today I did notice during a right turn my unit would go off and on and realized it was just the right cam needs to be turned of in “car settings.” Now what is really odd I can’t change any of the settings in here it’s like most settings are locked in car settings. Wanted to change to mph instead of kmh no go. Backlight color can’t change either are you guys having any of these issues in “car settings?” I did try to select default settings in “car settings.” But it also seems to do nothing. So far almost seems like the only thing I can change is right cam unchecking it.

caldersm44

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
So it does appear after getting out of the setting the resolution just defaults itself back. Earlier today I did notice during a right turn my unit would go off and on and realized it was just the right cam needs to be turned of in “car settings.” Now what is really odd I can’t change any of the settings in here it’s like most settings are locked in car settings. Wanted to change to mph instead of kmh no go. Backlight color can’t change either are you guys having any of these issues in “car settings?” I did try to select default settings in “car settings.” But it also seems to do nothing. So far almost seems like the only thing I can change is right cam unchecking it.
Yes....I did change MPH and the Color to Blue on the buttons. A lot of items don’t change permanently, but they are items I don’t really need to change. I will see if I can still change the color of the buttons. I did manage to change the quick press of PWR button to Mute and long press to power down. That is really handy for sure.

civic model x

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yes....I did change MPH and the Color to Blue on the buttons. A lot of items don’t change permanently, but they are items I don’t really need to change. I will see if I can still change the color of the buttons. I did manage to change the quick press of PWR button to Mute and long press to power down. That is really handy for sure.
How do you get to this menu? Never mind that’s is his settings button mine looks different not sure why when I go to settings

Honda Civic 10th gen 9" Aftermarket Android Head Unit (Feature Overview / Installation) 01AD0E1F-A1FE-4631-8CCC-CB4CE62B2996
Honda Civic 10th gen 9" Aftermarket Android Head Unit (Feature Overview / Installation) 7F9CB57C-E3F2-4EED-BAFE-B184CB16E81D

Last edited:

caldersm44

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
How do you get to this menu? Never mind that’s is his settings button mine looks different not sure why when I go to settings

01AD0E1F-A1FE-4631-8CCC-CB4CE62B2996.png
7F9CB57C-E3F2-4EED-BAFE-B184CB16E81D.png
I struggled with that too....couldn’t find it. I believe it is because they are on Android 8.1 and we are on 10...maybe? Everything I changed is under Car Settings or the Car Settings App...the green icon.

civic model x

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I struggled with that too....couldn’t find it. I believe it is because they are on Android 8.1 and we are on 10...maybe? Everything I changed is under Car Settings or the Car Settings App...the green icon.
Those settings are from Pittfighters video. The original navifly buyer. I think on page 50 something. He could change a lot more settings. I don’t have a factory settings option. He can even calibrate his touch screen. I’ll try to take a video maybe we all can help each other out to see if it’s due to car type etc...

civic model x

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Second video example of my “car settings” green app. I can’t really change anything in here except vehicle type and right camera. It’s almost like the rest is locked down. The first video is for “settings” extra car settings you can actually update to different car apk. I’m wondering if this is keeping it locked out. What was your settings in this location?

civic model x

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Pittfighters video he will go into the factory settings at beginning of the video for his Navifly. His menu looks different. Even his AC control. So it makes me think they sent his with a different car settings in extra settings. I did try to change it to crv and changed it back to how it was sent as new civic.

GACivic19

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic LX
Country flag
I see there are tons of the M400 lovers here. From all the threads it does seem that it is a great price and performs well. A few questions if I may ask before I jump into a purchase myself.....

I have a 2019 Civic LX, sound quality should be improved and get reverse cam lines?

How long does the system take to start up after starting the engine?

Anyone know what the 400 processor equivalent is to other common android units?

I can see the PX6 is the most current and fasted processor, but what would it actually give me for the extra money and has anyone seen and used both?

Shipping and manufacturer dealing with them on Alibaba is not problem? Have never used them before.

Anyone regret the installation or wished they had a different unit? Which one?

Thanks!

Last edited:

civic model x

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I see there are tons of the M400 lovers here. From all the threads it does seem that it is a great price and performs well. A few questions if I may ask before I jump into a purchase myself.....

I have a 2019 Civic LX, sound quality should be improved and get reverse cam lines?

I can see the PX6 is the most current and fasted processor, but what would it actually give me for the extra money and has anyone seen and used both?

Shipping and manufacturer dealing with them on Alibaba is not problem? Have never used them before.

Thanks!
I was on the fence about the px6. But the m400 I feel is definitely a better buy. One user Naldy who has the px6 stated wireless car play was not working on his px6. I would assume it’s because the m400 unit has been around longer so more compatibility. Any case I do really like my m400 except for some odd reason I can’t make much changes on my unit. But even if I left it as is I am perfectly content with it. The only thing that is not working to well for me is the mic which I am buying another mic cable to try and tap into the internal mic. But others have stated their mic is working fine. My mic works great when driving around locally but once on the freeway people hear static.

caldersm44

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Pittfighters video he will go into the factory settings at beginning of the video for his Navifly. His menu looks different. Even his AC control. So it makes me think they sent his with a different car settings in extra settings. I did try to change it to crv and changed it back to how it was sent as new civic.

I have changed to 6 different car models and it doesn’t change the menus. Must be something they setup in China

civic model x

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have changed to 6 different car models and it doesn’t change the menus. Must be something they setup in China
Oh well is is what it is. I’m still very happy with the unit at 193. I’m not even gonna bother asking navifly as I’m sure they won’t give much assistance. Just need to tap into the mic and I’ll be done.

caldersm44

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

Thanks!
1. The sound quality in my 2018 Civic Sport 6Sp Manual was greatly improved...I had the 5" non-touch stereo. Incredible radio reception. Reverse camera lines are there and Adjustable!
2. There is a setting where the radio stays on standby indefinitely....so it is very fast...5-10 secs.
3. The processor in the M400 is a SC9853i. It is faster than the PX5, but not the PX6.
4. Given that the M400 has Wireless Carplay, I personally would choose it. I like hopping in the car and leaving my phone in my holder and still having carplay. But either one is great.
5. I had no issues with Alibaba. BUT....I paid the extra for DHL shipping, and my radio arrived 3.5 days after they shipped it. Standard shipping is ALOT cheaper, but random in delivery timing.
Honda Civic 10th gen 9" Aftermarket Android Head Unit (Feature Overview / Installation) 1604254326619

6. I am so happy with the M400....but I am going from the crappy 5" one. It is fast and beautiful...the colors are amazing! Am a bit sad that there is nothing else to fix on it.

Just my thoughts.

p.s.....they are having a sale on Nov 11-12.....and the M400 will only be $190 I believe.
Honda Civic 10th gen 9" Aftermarket Android Head Unit (Feature Overview / Installation) 1604254368204

Last edited:

caldersm44

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Oh well is is what it is. I’m still very happy with the unit at 193. I’m not even gonna bother asking navifly as I’m sure they won’t give much assistance. Just need to tap into the mic and I’ll be done.
I have sent about 30 chats to Navifly....and while they are 12 hours off from us....they always respond...so I would ask them about the settings not saving...esp MPH or Colors....as Mine is saving.
Sponsored