9" Aftermarket Android Head Unit (Feature Overview / Installation)

civic model x

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks will do. Will probably start on it after work tonight. Good luck on the camera views. Ill probably start with tapping into the mic, then test the back up cam. Make a few calls and see if the internal mic even works. I’ll probably hide the gps antenna and the 4g antenna under the plastic piece above the gauges.
Sponsored

caldersm44

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport - 6 Speed
Country flag
Thanks will do. Will probably start on it after work tonight. Good luck on the camera views. Ill probably start with tapping into the mic, then test the back up cam. Make a few calls and see if the internal mic even works. I’ll probably hide the gps antenna and the 4g antenna under the plastic piece above the gauges.
Because I don't use the GPS nor the 4G, I just tucked it back behind the radio....but I still get good GPS reception. I use Apple CarPlay for navigation.

I left my mic in the upper left corner....and it is working great, so I doubt I mess with it right now.

long_meats

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe LX CVT
Country flag
Because I don't use the GPS nor the 4G, I just tucked it back behind the radio....but I still get good GPS reception. I use Apple CarPlay for navigation.

I left my mic in the upper left corner....and it is working great, so I doubt I mess with it right now.
It's so easy to string it through to beneath the panel above the steering wheel that you might as well do it so you know it'll get better signal in case you ever do need to use it.

caldersm44

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
It's so easy to string it through to beneath the panel above the steering wheel that you might as well do it so you know it'll get better signal in case you ever do need to use it.
Yup....understand. I ran my mic up there to the left corner of my windshield. But my GPS worked fine behind the radio with no slow downs or connections issues. Is mainly just plastic above the radio anyway. But thank you for the follow-up....if it doesn't work, I will move it up and above the steering wheel.

Just can't believe how bright and vibrant this M400 is....wow....just Amazing coming from the crappy 5" display.
Honda Civic 10th gen 9" Aftermarket Android Head Unit (Feature Overview / Installation) 1604087790307

naldy

First Name
mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport Hatchback
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Great....!! It was so fun to install and troubleshoot mine. Got everything working now...and am going to change the Reverse Camera View this weekend. Right now it is this weird fish eyed view....and I am going to change it to the regular view. If it works, I will post directions.

Good Luck....!! If you run into any issues....and I don't respond quickly....send me an email to [email protected].
Does it not give you the 4 different view options while you're reversing?

naldy

First Name
mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Lmao!! It does! Didn’t think to touch the screen! Naldy u have saved me so much time dude! Thank you. Feel like and idiot.
lmao

Also, got it confirmed that the Navifly PX6 (The most expensive model) DOES NOT support built in wireless carplay. but the Joying PX6 (same price, but Android 8.1) and the Navifly M400 ($100 cheaper) does. Go figure

caldersm44

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
lmao

Also, got it confirmed that the Navifly PX6 (The most expensive model) DOES NOT support built in wireless carplay. but the Joying PX6 (same price, but Android 8.1) and the Navifly M400 ($100 cheaper) does. Go figure
Going to send it back? Love my M400! Perfect now!

naldy

First Name
mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
lmao

Also, got it confirmed that the Navifly PX6 DOES NOT support built in wireless carplay. but the Joying PX6 does. Go figure
Going to send it back? Love my M400! Perfect now!
Nah , these units have been too much work. The PX6 has been perfect other than wireless ACP, and I thought the UI on Android 8.1 was ugly as hell haha. Plus I hardly ever used wireless ACP on my Joying, it just destroys my battery and would lag from time to time.

That being said though, I'm sure Ill regret this decision in 3 years when Apple releases an iphone without a charging port and I'll have to buy another head unit

caldersm44

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Nah , these units have been too much work. The PX6 has been perfect other than wireless ACP, and I thought the UI on Android 8.1 was ugly as hell haha. Plus I hardly ever used wireless ACP on my Joying, it just destroys my battery and would lag from time to time.

That being said though, I'm sure Ill regret this decision in 3 years when Apple releases an iphone without a charging port and I'll have to buy another head unit
Yeah that would suck. And I have not gotten the M400 to do Wired CarPlay. It’s not an option in my Tlink software. Was hoping one of the others got that working. Not a deal breaker though.

Digity

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Hatchback Sport-16 Pilot-90 K5 Blazer
Country flag
Yeah that would suck. And I have not gotten the M400 to do Wired CarPlay. It’s not an option in my Tlink software. Was hoping one of the others got that working. Not a deal breaker though.
Can’t seem to find this Navifly m400 specific for my civic is it the universal one for 150?

Digity

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Hatchback Sport-16 Pilot-90 K5 Blazer
Country flag
What is your civic model and year?
2018 hatchback sport

also are you/anyone running after market speaker? I read somewhere that someone had no volume with that and had to switch back to stock speakers. Don’t remember which make it was and to lazy to read thru all the pages.

civic model x

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I finished putting on extra heat sinks and some artic silver thermal paste. They had this white spread that did not look good at the top of the unit. Making sure the unit stays cool. I just at least tested everything turns on! So far it’s fantastic. My sub doesn’t need to be turned up too loud now. Now the real wiring needs to be done. Probably think I’m nuts for taking it apart. I can’t recommend if your a novice at electronics. But this thing is being cooled by the black housing in the back connected to a sticky thermal pad.

Honda Civic 10th gen 9" Aftermarket Android Head Unit (Feature Overview / Installation) 5F98AE6A-3210-43A9-8AC8-7B76A3CFDBA5
Honda Civic 10th gen 9" Aftermarket Android Head Unit (Feature Overview / Installation) D89EDECF-BA34-4950-9FDB-55EA2496545B
Honda Civic 10th gen 9" Aftermarket Android Head Unit (Feature Overview / Installation) A9F7B569-C50F-45F4-9EFD-7F048F1BF7BD

caldersm44

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
2018 hatchback sport

also are you/anyone running after market speaker? I read somewhere that someone had no volume with that and had to switch back to stock speakers. Don’t remember which make it was and to lazy to read thru all the pages.
https://a.aliexpress.com/_m0xxkPF
2018 hatchback sport

Here is the link: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4001128175941.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.20034c4dgPYsQM

Select the M400 and China as the Ships from.

I am the one that tried to install after market speakers and they made the radio lose all sound. Would work for about 3 minutes then no sound, until I disconnected all from the radio. They were JBL GX628's....and only the front two speakers. I have seen others online use Polk, and maybe I just had a bum set of caps on my filter....not sure. But I have tuned the front and rear stock speakers with the DSP so well, that I am glad I pocketed the $70. The sound deadening helped immensely too.

I have everything working great now....and I love it...!! Do you have a 6 Speed Manual or Automatic...?
Sponsored