Photographers! Post your civic pictures! Pic Heavy!

Phillyp17

First Name
Phill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
If you shoot in RAW you can adjust a lot of that in PS or LR.
I do shoot in RAW. I always think that I’m just bad at taking photos and rely too much on editing. For example, this is a shot I took and the edited version. The edited shows first for me.

Honda Civic 10th gen Photographers! Post your civic pictures! Pic Heavy! EDC12367-4AE2-4992-88E6-5B2D8DD99E6B

Honda Civic 10th gen Photographers! Post your civic pictures! Pic Heavy! C8BE6946-DC14-4F27-9E72-17B8DD8D9339

bugboy32337

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe (MSM)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I do shoot in RAW. I always think that I’m just bad at taking photos and rely too much on editing. For example, this is a shot I took and the edited version. The edited shows first for me.

EDC12367-4AE2-4992-88E6-5B2D8DD99E6B.jpeg

C8BE6946-DC14-4F27-9E72-17B8DD8D9339.jpeg
Try toying around with the ISO settings and Fstops (and shutter speed).

Centering your light meter with a Faster shutter speed and lower Fstop will look different than a Slower shutter speed and higher Fstop, at the same ISO setting.

Great thing about digital photography is that you get instant gratification (or frustration) ... but you can take 10 or more photos in 60 seconds, while fooling with just Fstop and Shutter speed.

You can also work with white balance too, on the camera ... but I tend to leave mine at the middle setting.

You can also work with different views (crouched down, laying down, or standing up on a bucket.

Practice Practice Practice

AlphaDigital

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Country flag

EDC12367-4AE2-4992-88E6-5B2D8DD99E6B.jpeg

C8BE6946-DC14-4F27-9E72-17B8DD8D9339.jpeg
Shooting in raw will give you a lot of post processing adjustability for your photos, but what it wont do is fix composition. IMO, you can move as many sliders as you want to get the photo adjustments you need but if your photo doesnt have "proper" composition, its not interesting.

I have proper in quotations because it varies from person to person. One person might like one style of composition while another may not.

My advice to you is to explore different angles and backdrops with your shots to see if you can show off certain features of the car that make it aesthetically pleasing.

We all see cars with our eyes the same way, literally, from eye level whether its walking to it or looking out at it from your garage/building etc. Those angles to me are kind of boring because thats the view I literally have all the time.

So switch it up and give people views that they dont usually see or get.

Oh and of course, practice practice practice! Happy Shooting!

SecondTrip

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic 4D Executive 1.5T CVT
Country flag
Gotta love a good Dallas sunset. You can find me on IG @ rucca_v

CBC97CCA-DEB8-498B-94E3-9895754A4C86.jpeg
Nice wheel setup we see here! Brilliant. A bit offtopic: I dont understand the purpose of new Hatchback body coloured fences on the black fog light cover which look detached from the rest front end. It makes a lot criticized front/end plastic covers even more provocative. Which I kind a like just because it makes distinction from other cars. And to be honest, CivicX Hatch is really different abstract design - it puts your mind out of the comfort zone if you see what I mean.

Naimahab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Not very recent but here

Honda Civic 10th gen Photographers! Post your civic pictures! Pic Heavy! _DSC2606

Honda Civic 10th gen Photographers! Post your civic pictures! Pic Heavy! _DSC2057

KingOfBrussels

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Si sedan
Country flag
@Phillyp17 Part of the challenge you're having is the sun is way overhead in these shots and you have the car positioned between yourself with the camera, and the sun behind it. This throws a shadow over the car and makes the side of it facing the camera very dark vs the much brighter sunny background. Try putting the car in a spot where the sun is off to the side or even behind you so there's not a shadow on the car.