9" Aftermarket Android Head Unit (Feature Overview / Installation)

caldersm44

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport - 6 Speed
Country flag
Found mine. Will copy to usb when I get back home and will post it
I was hoping it would be in there but I couldn't find it :( might have to buy another unit

and Navifly customer service sucks
Here is the one that is on mine. Had to zip it or it would let me upload the file. Let me know if it works for you.

Attachments

civic model x

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Think that will be the first thing I do once I get the m400 all hooked up is back up that oem folder. Or at least the apk default apps that were included. I would hate to loose the apps needed to run the system. This is what happens when you have full customize which is great but can be bad as the oem Honda head units won’t let you delete the default apps out since there locked down.

caldersm44

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Anyone have the issue where the sound just stops...? I took everything apart and no sound. Everything works....apple carplay....radio.....navigation....but just no sound. Am going to try and put the old head unit in and see if that one works.

I can hear the amp click when I reboot the radio...but no sound. Let me know if you have any ideas...am stumped.

naldy

First Name
mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport Hatchback
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Figured out why the head unit kept turning off the reverse camera, as well as why it wouldn't do headlight auto-dim. Turns out I had the wrong CANBUS protocol selected. You have to use "Raise CRIDER", not "Simple/Rasie Civic/CRV". This also fixed the instrument cluster clock issue

That officially solves absolutely every single thing wrong with my PX6. I can finally go to sleep happy tonight lol

caldersm44

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Figured out why the head unit kept turning off the reverse camera, as well as why it wouldn't do headlight auto-dim. Turns out I had the wrong CANBUS protocol selected. You have to use "Raise CRIDER", not "Simple/Rasie Civic/CRV". This also fixed the instrument cluster clock issue

That officially solves absolutely every single thing wrong with my PX6. I can finally go to sleep happy tonight lol
That's awesome! Great news. My sound went away....and hasn't come back. Tried everything I can think of....but it won't return. I left a message for Navifly, but they are 12 hour+ out of sync with us. Am nervous it is going to be a hassle to return it, if it is indeed broken. Any thoughts...? You run into something like this before...?

naldy

First Name
mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport Hatchback
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
That's awesome! Great news. My sound went away....and hasn't come back. Tried everything I can think of....but it won't return. I left a message for Navifly, but they are 12 hour+ out of sync with us. Am nervous it is going to be a hassle to return it, if it is indeed broken. Any thoughts...? You run into something like this before...?
Honestly I'm not sure, I've never run into that before nor have I seen anyone else with that issue in here

lastbluesun

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 1.5L Hatchback LX
Country flag
Well....it should go to the place on your radio that says Radio Antenna amplifier. That is where mine goes....but that just might be 12Vdc....not sure. That location is on the black plug on my radio....not sure where yours is without a schematic.

Two things:
1. Find the schematic for your radio.....you can ask the seller...they might respond, or google your radio information....but that is a tough find.
2. You can wait for me to measure the voltage on my blue wire and see if it is 12Vdc...if it is then we can find a spot to connect yours on your harness.
These are the schematics I found. Sorry for the slow reply!

Honda Civic 10th gen 9" Aftermarket Android Head Unit (Feature Overview / Installation) IMG_20201026_170415

Honda Civic 10th gen 9" Aftermarket Android Head Unit (Feature Overview / Installation) IMG_20201026_170408

Honda Civic 10th gen 9" Aftermarket Android Head Unit (Feature Overview / Installation) IMG_20201026_170356

Honda Civic 10th gen 9" Aftermarket Android Head Unit (Feature Overview / Installation) IMG_20201026_170341

caldersm44

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Honestly I'm not sure, I've never run into that before nor have I seen anyone else with that issue in here
I got it working. it was a new set of speakers(JBL GX628) that made the amp in the radio stop working. not sure why. I put the original speakers back in and the radio started working. Swap them back to the JBL and would work for about 5 mins and the no sound. Oh well...back to stock!

EDIT: After thinking about it....the JBL speakers have a tweeter that have what looks to be a High Pass Filter capacitor to isolate the frequency. The ohms on both speakers were both about 3 ohms....so the only thing I can think is that the Amp that is built into the Radio could not handle that capacitance across it's output....it's a guess. Either way...I did not want to risk bypassing that capacitor and just sent them back to Amazon. Yes...they sounded better...especially in the upper frequency....the treble was outstanding as was the base...but only having that for 3 minutes is not worth the effort. :) Let me know if you have been able to install after market speakers on your M400....would like to know the model and part number....might upgrade later.

btw...I did get the sound deadening install last weekend...and man....what a difference that made...! Is no vibrating distortion at all, due to the hollow door frame. And is definitely more substantial and less road noise too. Took about an hour per door...and covered 90% of the space with only having to make a few small cuts.

Honda Civic 10th gen 9" Aftermarket Android Head Unit (Feature Overview / Installation) 1603814557789

Honda Civic 10th gen 9" Aftermarket Android Head Unit (Feature Overview / Installation) 1603814613837

Last edited:

caldersm44

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
These are the schematics I found. Sorry for the slow reply!

IMG_20201026_170415.jpg

IMG_20201026_170408.jpg

IMG_20201026_170356.jpg

IMG_20201026_170341.jpg
I checked and my blue wire is connected to pin 12....which is your A12 on the top picture...called "A12 Ant Power" This should make a dramatic difference in your station availability. See below mine is in the same spot.
Honda Civic 10th gen 9" Aftermarket Android Head Unit (Feature Overview / Installation) 1603895381838

lastbluesun

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 1.5L Hatchback LX
Country flag
I checked and my blue wire is connected to pin 12....which is your A12 on the top picture...called "A12 Ant Power" This should make a dramatic difference in your station availability. See below mine is in the same spot.
1603895381838.png
I feel so stupid for not noticing. Thanks so much for your help!!!

caldersm44

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Got here pretty quick going to be a fun weekend.
F09A6813-49B7-4E60-B24B-02B8C6A96627.jpeg
Great....!! It was so fun to install and troubleshoot mine. Got everything working now...and am going to change the Reverse Camera View this weekend. Right now it is this weird fish eyed view....and I am going to change it to the regular view. If it works, I will post directions.

Good Luck....!! If you run into any issues....and I don't respond quickly....send me an email to [email protected].