Eleon

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
i've had it for about 4k miles now and it's not slipped at all. DRob did the tuning and i'm making 345whp and 308wtq on E30 at 24 psi with the PRL turbo kit (2860g2). i did get the kzcmc to help the shifting near redline tho so that's important.
Does the clutch pedal feel similar to stock or better? I got a sirimoto cmc and ACT street clutch but haven’t installed them, still on the stock clutch at the moment but will upgrade once it starts to slip, I might go get a KzCMC if I can get my hands on one. Every time I’ve checked his website it says its sold out.
Sponsored

JT Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Country flag
Anymore update on the new Sirimoto CMC or did you go with something else?

I was looking at the Sirimoto CMC until I started reading this thread AND I had already decided to go with the ACT clutch because of past positive experiences..
After trying two different sirimoto N1s I bit the bullet and got a kzcmc. It's very early to make any assessment but it looks promising.

SuperMotoManDRZ

First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe, 2002 Acura RSX Type S, 2017 Suzuki DRZ400SM
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
After trying two different sirimoto N1s I bit the bullet and got a kzcmc. It's very early to make any assessment but it looks promising.
Thanks for the reply.. I like the fact that the kzcmc is an oem "modified" part. On my RSX Type S it's just an older Honda oem cmc from a DC2 Integra and a new line made by Ktuned.. I wonder if the same can be done to the 10th gen civic si???

Maybe when it comes time for me to actually need the upgraded clutch I'll swap out the ktuned cmc kit from my DC5 to the Civic Si and see if I can get the proper adjustments for it to work. I read your separate thread that explained more about your problems with the ACT clutch. I have an Exedy clutch on my DC5 now and the Ktuned kit works perfectly for it.

Last edited:

madchiller

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Does the clutch pedal feel similar to stock or better? I got a sirimoto cmc and ACT street clutch but haven’t installed them, still on the stock clutch at the moment but will upgrade once it starts to slip, I might go get a KzCMC if I can get my hands on one. Every time I’ve checked his website it says its sold out.
much better. the stock clutch pedal is really light. the act stiffens it up a bit but is easily able to still be a daily. if you go kzcmc make sure you order it early as it will take 3-4 weeks for it to ship most likely.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 civic hb sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I ordered emans retro ctr clutch on 9/15 and still havent receive it.
I sent him a flywheel hoping it would be faster. He said it would be but doesnt seem to be the case. Seems to be a reallllly long line in order list.
This ACT clutch looks like to be an option thats on par with the ctr retro clutch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 civic hb sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Speak of the devil.
After I submitted my previous message. I got a notification that my ctr clutch have been shipped!
*celebrate!*

websitesdown

First Name
Bee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI , 2023 Civic Sport
Country flag
I ordered emans retro ctr clutch on 9/15 and still havent receive it.
I sent him a flywheel hoping it would be faster. He said it would be but doesnt seem to be the case. Seems to be a reallllly long line in order list.
This ACT clutch looks like to be an option thats on par with the ctr retro clutch
I'm on mile 360 at this point breaking in emans clutch and it was totaly worth the wait. The clutch at this point, I can feel it gripping better already and breaking in perfectly. I also ordered the kzcmc and have no complaints what so ever so far. Everything just feels so perfect and in harmony. I've opened it up a few times but nothing serious like I will here shortly and she lays down my power 100%. I smoked a skyline earlier from a stop. I've never seen it around here and it was from over seas because it was a right hand sided steering wheel setup. It was probably a 90 something is my guess but, he had money in it you could hear it no doubt.

Last edited:

FLOPPER

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic LX 6MT
Country flag
I'm on mile 360 at this point breaking in emans clutch and it was totaly worth the wait. The clutch at this point, I can feel it gripping better already and breaking in perfectly. I also ordered the kzcmc and have no complaints what so ever so far. Everything just feels so perfect and in harmony. I've opened it up a few times but nothing serious like I will here shortly and she lays down my power 100%. I smoked a skyline earlier from a stop. I've never seen it around here and it was from over seas because it was a right hand sided steering wheel setup. It was probably a 90 something is my guess but, he had money in it you could hear it no doubt.
A Skyline? Did he know you were racing?

If so that's awesome--I'm not trolling, I just find this pretty hard to believe.

Can you give more detail?

websitesdown

First Name
Bee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI , 2023 Civic Sport
Country flag
A Skyline? Did he know you were racing?

If so that's awesome--I'm not trolling, I just find this pretty hard to believe.

Can you give more detail?

I saw him and caught up to him through city traffic so stop go stop go. He tried giving it some gas and pulling away and it didn't work. I then proceded to get to a light with him and me side by side. He opened it up I opened it up and I pulled away by two car lengths quick. We continued to play around and every time he couldn't get me. I turned on my 24 PSI map for him which is the first time I've done that since the new clutch install and also that's the first time I've dared to open her up. I started babying her again right after the whole ordeal and have been since again. I'm at mile 420 right now so, very close to being done with babying her at this point.

I thought that he had a passenger in the seat then at the light next to him I noticed he was in the passenger seat lol. I've never, seen one of those around here in my area at all. First thing I thought was this will be fun~~!

My ass was sore yesterday from sitting in it for so~~~ many miles of stop and go traffic.

Last edited:

Unity Performance

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Website
unity-performance.com
Vehicle(s)
Current Fleet: 18 Si, 20 FK8, 23 FL5
Country flag
Joining in on the ACT train, I've been running the HD Street Kit with the CDV Delete, KZ CMC, and PRL SS Line. Just under 1,000 miles now, including a track day where I did my first WOT pull on the back straight, and happy to report no lockout :)

Pedal Feel is OEM+, which is what I wanted. I can't make out any chatter which is also a bonus. Rev Hang is entirely gone - it was dialed out as much as possible with Hondata, but there's not getting away from having a 32.3lbs flywheel, and restrictive CDV. I thought the 17lbs flywheel would be tricky but it really hasn't, and won't be for any experienced MT drivers. The clutch grabs at around the same pedal height but isn't an ON or OFF switch.

Feeling confident in offering this kit via our website:
https://unity-performance.com/products/act-hd-street-clutch-kit-civic-1-5t

Honda Civic 10th gen ACT Clutch + Flywheel Review DSC_0887.JPG
Honda Civic 10th gen ACT Clutch + Flywheel Review DSC_0889.JPG
Honda Civic 10th gen ACT Clutch + Flywheel Review DSC_0888.JPG
Honda Civic 10th gen ACT Clutch + Flywheel Review DSC_0954.JPG
Honda Civic 10th gen ACT Clutch + Flywheel Review DSC_0962.JPG
Honda Civic 10th gen ACT Clutch + Flywheel Review DSC_0967.JPG

repeet

Threads
Reaction score
Website
jesus7feasts.fyi
Vehicle(s)
'23 BRZ
Country flag
Joining in on the ACT train, I've been running the HD Street Kit with the CDV Delete, KZ CMC, and PRL SS Line. Just under 1,000 miles now, including a track day where I did my first WOT pull on the back straight, and happy to report no lockout :)

Pedal Feel is OEM+, which is what I wanted. I can't make out any chatter which is also a bonus. Rev Hang is entirely gone - it was dialed out as much as possible with Hondata, but there's not getting away from having a 32.3lbs flywheel, and restrictive CDV. I thought the 17lbs flywheel would be tricky but it really hasn't, and won't be for any experienced MT drivers. The clutch grabs at around the same pedal height but isn't an ON or OFF switch.
Thanks for this report. This is just the information that I've been waiting to hear for months.

1) Clutch feel only slightly "heavier" than stock.

2) The eradication of "Rev Hang".

3) No trouble with the flywheel being too light for the weight of the car.

4) The grab is manageable and modulate-able.

pinhead66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan, 2018 Odyssey EX-L
Country flag
ACT street kit with kzCMC sounds like the best alternative short of the actual retrofit if you want no chatter and want OEM like feel and no lockout.

Unity Performance

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Website
unity-performance.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Thanks for this report. This is just the information that I've been waiting to hear for months.

1) Clutch feel only slightly "heavier" than stock.

2) The eradication of "Rev Hang".

3) No trouble with the flywheel being too light for the weight of the car.

4) The grab is manageable and modulate-able.
Anytime! I've been looking into this since I got my Si in July 2017, and it's a sigh of relief to have this working well. The Retrofit is a great option too, but understandably not in everyone's budget.

Here's the weight comparison picture with the factory Dual Mass Flywheel

Honda Civic 10th gen ACT Clutch + Flywheel Review DSC_0905.JPG

I'm only listing the ACT Street Kit on my site for the time being, I don't feel the need to add the 4 or 6-puck offerings. Details and pricing:

https://unity-performance.com/collections/2017-civic-si/products/act-hd-street-clutch-kit-civic-1-5t

jeremywillor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 SI coupe
Country flag
Are you guys having to disable the misfire detection to not get CEL? Or are you just not getting a CEL?

Unity Performance

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Website
unity-performance.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag