Am I crazy or is this hood not aligned properly?

BillyCuth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Just picked my EX-L last night, and I noticed this after work as I was wiping off the rain spots. Is it just me or is there a problem on the drivers side?

Pretty sure a trip to the dealer is in my near future.

Honda Civic 10th gen Am I crazy or is this hood not aligned properly? h1

Honda Civic 10th gen Am I crazy or is this hood not aligned properly? h2

Honda Civic 10th gen Am I crazy or is this hood not aligned properly? h3

Honda Civic 10th gen Am I crazy or is this hood not aligned properly? h4

Pearl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 CivicT
You're not crazy. The hood is probably aligned but I have the very same issue with my fender too. Just no excuse to pass quality control, well obviously there is no quality control. Mine is a lease so while I'm disappointed, I'm not stressed because I'll just turn it in later. However, for people actually buying theirs, I feel for them. Oh, don't try to push it down either; you'll dent the top.

OP
OP
BillyCuth

BillyCuth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, this is a purchase. One I plan on owning for a very long time.

Pearl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 CivicT
Then you're certainly entitled to take that back in for proper fitting. The way it is now is unacceptable. Just don't try to fix it yourself. I dented mine with the slightest push.

OP
OP
BillyCuth

BillyCuth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Got a voicemail from the manager today - He was getting back to me about the hood. Said they'll look at it but there might not be anything they can do. Said some imperfections are just part of the manufacturing process.

We'll see. It's a July car, so it was built very recently.

I also got them to throw in the trunk tray for some other troubles... Overall I am pretty happy.

Dan198

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 BMW 335 xDrive, 2010 Audi Q5, 2014 Porsche Boxster S, 2016 Civic EX
Country flag
Got a voicemail from the manager today - He was getting back to me about the hood. Said they'll look at it but there might not be anything they can do. Said some imperfections are just part of the manufacturing process.

I also got them to throw in the trunk tray for some other troubles... Overall I am pretty happy.
There was another thread on this a month earlier and it was easily adjusted by the dealer. I'll see if I can find it and post the link here

OP
OP
BillyCuth

BillyCuth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
There was another thread on this a month earlier and it was easily adjusted by the dealer. I'll see if I can find it and post the link here
Sorry - poor newb form in posting a thread before looking it up. I have spent a week so far in the "What did you do to your" thread and I am about halfway through. Didn't take the time to search about the hood.

You don't need to look it up - I can use the search function. Thanks for the heads up!

Dan198

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 BMW 335 xDrive, 2010 Audi Q5, 2014 Porsche Boxster S, 2016 Civic EX
Country flag
Sorry - poor newb form in posting a thread before looking it up. I have spent a week so far in the "What did you do to your" thread and I am about halfway through. Didn't take the time to search about the hood.

You don't need to look it up - I can use the search function. Thanks for the heads up!
Actually might not be the same issue as yours but this is the post I was thinking about - http://www.civicx.com/threads/is-my-hood-misaligned-or-just-me.3183/#post-67443

Reply #10 talks about a couple of knobs that can be used to make adjustments to the hood. Hope it'll help you resolve your issue.

OP
OP
BillyCuth

BillyCuth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Taking her in on Saturday to let them look at it. I hope it's an easy fix. I may just leave it as is if it's gonna be major.

Dicecube

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag

Ben&Jen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring Cosmic

BS...Had the same issue. QC is terrible on this model.

Oliseles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No longer the owner of a crappy 2016 Honda Civic EXT. First and last Honda for me. Never again.
Country flag
I have the same problem with my ex-t
Hood not aligned
Sponsored