9" Aftermarket Android Head Unit (Feature Overview / Installation)

civic model x

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I’ll let you know about the back up camera once I receive the unit. I found a new audio cable I have lying around. If I read page 9 right I should be tapping into the following. Audio cable white would be right positive, red should be left negative, and finally Shielded ground. Knowing this information I believe the mic should be tapped to the factory harness the following way

22 mic white right positive
23 mic red left negative
6 mic Shielded ground

Honda Civic 10th gen 9" Aftermarket Android Head Unit (Feature Overview / Installation) D6341AF5-86B1-474F-A8C5-C985001232F4

Honda Civic 10th gen 9" Aftermarket Android Head Unit (Feature Overview / Installation) DA2E7B86-EEF5-498F-BC7D-44733DF8B90C

Honda Civic 10th gen 9" Aftermarket Android Head Unit (Feature Overview / Installation) E43478B9-16C4-45AC-B165-A1A876B86BC7

naldy

First Name
mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport Hatchback
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Naldy....if you get a chance to snap a pic of your 32 pin connector...car and radio side....would love to get those images. Just to see if this is a software thing or hardware issue with my reverse camera. Thanks man....
I'm installing a USB adapter to retain the factory port sometime this week, I'll make sure to take some detailed pictures

This is the USB adapter if anyone needs it. It has a USB-out instead of the proprietary Head Unit connector so these should work universally for any head unit you have

https://www.amazon.com/Bestycar-Fac...ords=toyota+factory+usb&qid=1603119090&sr=8-4

civic model x

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm installing a USB adapter to retain the factory port sometime this week, I'll make sure to take some detailed pictures

This is the USB adapter if anyone needs it. It has a USB-out instead of the proprietary Head Unit connector so these should work universally for any head unit you have

https://www.amazon.com/Bestycar-Fac...ords=toyota+factory+usb&qid=1603119090&sr=8-4
Thanks for this I didn’t know the factory port was not retained. I would definitely want this option as well.

naldy

First Name
mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Thanks for this I didn’t know the factory port was not retained. I would definitely want this option as well.
It usually is, my unit just came with the wrong cable. And most units from Pioneer or Kenwood for example won't include something like this

caldersm44

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport - 6 Speed
Country flag
The factory port is retained on the M400. I believe Naldy got the PX6 Unit....and the cable connector was different. And you have another USB cable that plugs into back of the radio that you can put into your glove box for USB....or I am going to mount one in one of the spare PB holes with the below cable

Honda Civic 10th gen 9" Aftermarket Android Head Unit (Feature Overview / Installation) 1603120099501

Honda Civic 10th gen 9" Aftermarket Android Head Unit (Feature Overview / Installation) 1603120764618

caldersm44

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

civic model x

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It usually is, my unit just came with the wrong cable. And most units from Pioneer or Kenwood for example won't include something like this
Good to know. Basically I won’t need to buy it unless mine doesn’t have it or came with the wrong cable. Appreciate the info.

caldersm44

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I’ll let you know about the back up camera once I receive the unit. I found a new audio cable I have lying around. If I read page 9 right I should be tapping into the following. Audio cable white would be right positive, red should be left negative, and finally Shielded ground. Knowing this information I believe the mic should be tapped to the factory harness the following way

22 mic white right positive
23 mic red left negative
6 mic Shielded ground

D6341AF5-86B1-474F-A8C5-C985001232F4.jpeg

DA2E7B86-EEF5-498F-BC7D-44733DF8B90C.png

E43478B9-16C4-45AC-B165-A1A876B86BC7.jpeg
I am going to try the same thing.....I got some T-taps coming on Weds....and am going to cut it in right at the back of the Car Side Connector on the Blue, Gray and Pink(Peach) wires. I don't believe this is a stereo mic....as one is Sound Signal....one is Ground.....and one is shield. But I have same 2 conductor green cable with a shield cable laying around in a box somewhere. Wish I just had the metal inserts, as I would crimp them and put them in the connector, as that would be the cleanest install. Will let you know how it goes. Plan on trying to tap the Reverse signal too....after I see what Naldy's cable connectors look like.

Honda Civic 10th gen 9" Aftermarket Android Head Unit (Feature Overview / Installation) 1603153622108

KYRGYZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Civic LX, 18 Model X 100D
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
any branded aftermarket HU like Pioneer or JVC won't have any option to keep stock USB and AUX ports (mic too), you have to use supplied cables... in case of most android HUs you keep them as well as you can add extra USBs

civic model x

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Definitely let me know if you have success with the mic. If my write up above is wrong too let me know. I think that’s what bothered me the most when wanting this stereo. Like things more integrated than patch ons. Funny thing is I’m already trying to do stuff to a stereo I don’t even have in my hands yet.

KYRGYZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Civic LX, 18 Model X 100D
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I was actually wondering, left top corner on M400s it say "mic" does it mean it has built in mic?

caldersm44

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
A few questions:

1. How do you turn off that annoying touch assistant circle....haven't found it in setup settings yet.

2. I deleted the AC app....and now another display pops up....not the blue one...but now a red one with two chairs....how do I stop AC from showing anything..?

3. Anyone have any luck programming the steering wheel..? I am trying to change the middle button that says "Source" to Mute function. Anyone one been able to program these buttons...the Steering Wheel app isn't working...whenever I push that button to program it....the source changes and moves me to Aux or Radio...etc. Ugh.

Lehonda

First Name
Quanghuy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic 2015 se
Country flag
I recently installed an aftermarket 9" android head unit and was asked to do a review / overview of features. The price was $325 after shipping from China. The device works with all existing features in the 10th gen civic and adds some other features:
  • Backup camera - all angles available, also has trajectory lines that follow steering wheel movement
  • Lane watch - Can be disabled in the settings
  • Bluetooth - works with both Iphone and android-based phones. Downloads your contact list.
  • GPS antenna - Can use pretty much any GPS app from the play store. If you want to use ones that also require data (Waze, Google Maps) then you either have to tether your phone or download the offline maps to the device
  • Wifi - Works great with tethering
  • 2 USB ports - one routes to the OEM USB input, the other one goes behind your dash to the glove box. I keep a 1TB external hard drive connected with all my music / videos etc.
  • Steering wheel controls - Fully functional, can map any button to perform whatever function you would like. (The cruise control buttons are not able to be mapped however).
  • EasyConnect - a phone mirroring app - works with both iphone and android-based devices. Also allows you to play music over wifi.
  • Update: Apple CarPlay - possible through the purchase of this USB dongle.
System Specs:
  • 1 GB of DDR-3 RAM
  • 16 gigabytes of ROM storage
  • SD slot
  • 2 USB ports
  • CPU: A9, Quad Core 1.6GHz frequency
  • Screen Resolution: 1024 x 600
I have had the unit installed for over a week. Overall I am very happy with it so far. It is a major upgrade from the LX head unit. Music quality is at least equal to that of the OEM headunit, however I am only using the stock speakers. I am not sure how well it would handle an AMP and aftermarket speakers. It does come with the connectors to hook up that equipment however. An equalizer is included and does a decent job, but there are plenty of other ones that on the play store.

I made a video showcasing everything that I could think of. I am not an audiophile, or a master reviewer for head units / sound systems so take it for what it's worth. I made the video by request to show what you can do with this head unit.

I am working on an installation video next. The install was relatively easy and took a little over an hour for me, but could easily be done in less time. The unit is basically plug and play, with the exception of having to connect 2 wires which are clearly labeled.

If you are interested in the head unit or have any questions let me know.

IMG_3622.JPG IMG_3623.JPG IMG_3625.JPG IMG_3626.JPG IMG_3628.JPG

IMG_3630.JPG

IMG_3617.JPG

Link to head unit.

-----UPDATE-----

CarPlay / Android Auto
is now able to be used on this head unit. You just have to purchase this dongle. Works like a champ!

Link to latest firmware for ZBox dongle

See this video on how to update ZBox firmware.

-----UPDATE 2 ----

Video showing how to use Apple CarPlay with this headunit (ZBox):
How you get usb and hdmi under head unit work?

naldy

First Name
mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
A few questions:

1. How do you turn off that annoying touch assistant circle....haven't found it in setup settings yet.

2. I deleted the AC app....and now another display pops up....not the blue one...but now a red one with two chairs....how do I stop AC from showing anything..?

3. Anyone have any luck programming the steering wheel..? I am trying to change the middle button that says "Source" to Mute function. Anyone one been able to program these buttons...the Steering Wheel app isn't working...whenever I push that button to program it....the source changes and moves me to Aux or Radio...etc. Ugh.
Touch assistant has its own app, you won't find it in settings.

AC pop up needs to be disabled in factory settings, it's different on yours than the 2 I've disabled it on so I'm not entirely sure where it is.

Not entirely sure on the steering wheel reprogram
Sponsored