With the discontinuation of the genX Si, Si specific parts might start to disappear...

JT Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Country flag
With the unexpected cancellation of the Si and Coupe for 2021MY I realized Si specific parts like interior lighting, HFP parts, etc. may start to disappear soon.

I think I'm going to have to move up my plans to buy the HFP suspension and sideskirts from next summer to now so I can be sure not to miss out..

Thoughts?
Sponsored

Joev492

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
Where did you read cancellation of the Si? I know 2021 is taking a year off and no more coupe, but I was under the impression 2022 would continue with a new gen Si- Similar to how there was no 2016 Si.

OP
OP
JT Si

JT Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Country flag
Where did you read cancellation of the Si? I know 2021 is taking a year off and no more coupe, but I was under the impression 2022 would continue with a new gen Si- Similar to how there was no 2016 Si.
Specifically referring to the 10th gen Si and the OEM parts for it. I updated the thread title.

Joev492

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
Specifically referring to the 10th gen Si and the OEM parts for it.
Ahhh Gotcha. I'm not super concerned about it. HFP Suspensions can still be found fairly regularly for the 8th gen. Additionally there are great aftermarket alternatives that are still being produced (I've been eyeing TEIN). I think most people are buying non-OEM kits anyway.

Drake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si
Country flag
I was under the impression manufacturers are required to supply parts for at least 10 years after they stop production

OP
OP
JT Si

JT Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Country flag
I was under the impression manufacturers are required to supply parts for at least 10 years after they stop production
Upgrade parts and optional accessories though?

jakdotdot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 SI
Country flag
HFP parts could, hard to say. It has happened in the past. For example, the the pre-facelift 8th gen SI HFP lip kit parts were discontinued before the 8th gen was discontinued.

I'd be more concerned about various trim and molding pieces skyrocketing in price though.

BoostinIX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SI Sedan
Country flag
Given how few people buy the HFP suspension package separately from the car, I think you'll be fine.

COOL COUPE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI coupe (red) Skunk 2 shift knob BOV Spacer Plate (red) K&N Panel Filter Dual Muffler Delete
Country flag
It's natural evolution. Eventually when you have to click physically BELOW the #11 forum to get to #10 you will begin to feel it. Forum hot topics will be like " I am sooooo glad I waited patiently to get the ' new ' model." You and many others will feel the " fear of being left behind". Participating members will decline steadily in #10 and rise in #11. At some point you ditch your car ... Happily leaving it behind. It's somewhat sad ... No?

jason510

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
It's natural evolution. Eventually when you have to click physically BELOW the #11 forum to get to #10 you will begin to feel it. Forum hot topics will be like " I am sooooo glad I waited patiently to get the ' new ' model." You and many others will feel the " fear of being left behind". Participating members will decline steadily in #10 and rise in #11. At some point you ditch your car ... Happily leaving it behind. It's somewhat sad ... No?
Agreed.

God willing, my Si will be passed down to my daughter in three years, although she might have to fight with her younger brother for it. Then I get my BMW M4.

Either way, I have the car today, it's healthy and fun as hell to drive. I don't future trip on "what ifs"

OP
OP
JT Si

JT Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Country flag
I don't have a fear of being left behind. I have a fear of not being able to buy certain Honda offered parts before they are no longer available.

The aftermarket will continue to grow with time. None of the 10th gen civics will be left behind, save maybe the coupe that was always left behind with regards to aftermarket support.

KingOfBrussels

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Si sedan
Country flag
Think about it this way: HFP parts aren't purely aftermarket stuff. They're dealer accessories for new cars that can also be bought from dealer parts departments. Suspension parts can wear out or break, and exterior parts can get messed up in accidents. Honda probably wants to keep a certain amount of them in stock into the future so that people who bought them as part of new cars can repair their car back to HFP spec.
Sponsored