10th gen CIVIC SI - What did you pay?

eaeaerick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Sedan
Country flag
Well, I was given an OTD price of $27,954.00 OTD. MSRP + TTL. White Si coupe.

Decisions..

Here in NH my OTD was 23500 and we don't have sales tax. I got a white sedan. This was at the end of August though.

BMatt021

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Focus SE
Country flag
Here in NH my OTD was 23500 and we don't have sales tax. I got a white sedan. This was at the end of August though.
That's the kind of deal I'm looking for, but it's impossible in the area I'm in, which is unfortunate.

eaeaerick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Sedan
Country flag
That's the kind of deal I'm looking for, but it's impossible in the area I'm in, which is unfortunate.
yeah, its tough being that its at the end of its production run. I wasn't prepared to go over 25k honestly. That and they gave me more for my 13' Si than i was expecting. Very fortunate timing on my part.

MrAmAzn

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Toyota Corolla, '12 Honda Pilot
Country flag
OK folks. I bought one today. $26.5 OTD in North Carolina. Aegean Blue Sedan.

Again, I had 2 deposits down w/ 2 different dealerships. By some miracle Honda shipped out the cars at the same time so both could compete against each other.

wuaname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Si sedan
Country flag
OK folks. I bought one today. $26.5 OTD in North Carolina. Aegean Blue Sedan.

Again, I had 2 deposits down w/ 2 different dealerships. By some miracle Honda shipped out the cars at the same time so both could compete against each other.
Congrats. What was the number of car and destination charge ?

skottharrison

First Name
Skott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic SI Sedan, 2021 Subaru Crosstrek
Country flag
Howdy,
I paid 26,170 OTD here in South Florida a week ago.
2020 Civic SI Sedan in MSM, no HPT. No one has the HPT here in South Florida oddly.
I feel that wasn't the best deal in the world, but a lot better than the 27,800 they came at me with originally for the "Costco Auto Buy" deal.. That Costco program is a sham.
Here in Florida, dealerships get away with highway robbery as there's no limit on "dealer fees".

wuaname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Si sedan
Country flag
Howdy,
I paid 26,170 OTD here in South Florida a week ago.
2020 Civic SI Sedan in MSM, no HPT. No one has the HPT here in South Florida oddly.
I feel that wasn't the best deal in the world, but a lot better than the 27,800 they came at me with originally for the "Costco Auto Buy" deal.. That Costco program is a sham.
Here in Florida, dealerships get away with highway robbery as there's no limit on "dealer fees".
What was the price with or without the destination charge?

Here in S Fl , in the last week I’ve been quoted $24,360 including destination + dealer fee of $899

Another dealer quoted me $24,630 including destination (not not sure how much destination is). And can’t remember if the dealer fee of $799 was included. I think it was, as was included their “super duper special wheel locks” for $149.

Which deaert?

MrAmAzn

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Toyota Corolla, '12 Honda Pilot
Country flag
Congrats. What was the number of car and destination charge ?
Before taxes and other fees the price, the price of the car alone was a little under $25,000. I'm assuming the destination charge wrapped into the base price.

skottharrison

First Name
Skott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
What was the price with or without the destination charge?

Here in S Fl , in the last week I’ve been quoted $24,360 including destination + dealer fee of $899

Another dealer quoted me $24,630 including destination (not not sure how much destination is). And can’t remember if the dealer fee of $799 was included. I think it was, as was included their “super duper special wheel locks” for $149.

Which deaert?
Ed Morse in PBC. That was the OTD price, which is all I deal in. I don't care what they want to charge for the car, any fees they want to tack on, let them do the math.

In honesty, I did pay $80 on top for title change, but that was fair in my eyes. And here in PBC, we pay 6% sales tax.
Dealer extras (which they claimed they installed on all their vehicles) were wheel locks and splash guards.

Looking at my buyers order, vehicle price was $ 23,352, plus their fees and options, blah blah, $24642, add 6% sales tax, county tax yada yada, $26254 Sale Price ($26,170 + $81 TTL).

wuaname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Si sedan
Country flag
Ed Morse in PBC. That was the OTD price, which is all I deal in. I don't care what they want to charge for the car, any fees they want to tack on, let them do the math.

In honesty, I did pay $80 on top for title change, but that was fair in my eyes. And here in PBC, we pay 6% sales tax.
Dealer extras (which they claimed they installed on all their vehicles) were wheel locks and splash guards.

Looking at my buyers order, vehicle price was $ 23,352, plus their fees and options, blah blah, $24642, add 6% sales tax, county tax yada yada, $26254 Sale Price ($26,170 + $81 TTL).
Thanks. I have to read more about and get used to OTD price. I wasn’t asking for OTD since I’m trading in.

skottharrison

First Name
Skott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Thanks. I have to read more about and get used to OTD price. I wasn’t asking for OTD since I’m trading in.
Bargain for the price of the car first, and have the trade-in a different conversation.
If they know you have a trade-in they can lower the price of the new vehicle while giving you a poor price for your trade-in or they can stay firm on the price of the vehicle and give you a 'stellar deal' on your trade-in.

OTD is the price you pay after everything is said and done (Minus your trade-in). OTD is what you have to cough up, finance or however you want to pay for your car. Trade-in is important because it's removed from the vehicle purchase price (Less tax to pay on the new vehicle).

There's many videos on YT which discuss trade-ins, cash-buying, financing etc...
What I recommend and I did, was make sure you don't go in without having a firm OTD price. Over the phone, email, text whatever you'd like, just have an email or text saying your "OTD price is XXX".

Let them know, once you decide on your Out The Door price, you'll come in, purchase the vehicle and drive home with it.

Again, have the offer in writing or text, deal with the trade-in value AFTER you have the OTD price, and if they promise or offer to give you ANYTHING, have them write it down on paper, on anything. You may be promised this or that, but when it comes time to sign, it'll change if it's in the dealerships favor.

If they offer you an offer on your trade-in, ensure it's a dollar value, and not a "Value of the trade" etc... and you have that on paper, preferably with someone's signature.

Sorry for the rant, I bought 2 new cars in the last 2 months and I'm not normally a new car buying type of guy, just turned out that way...

skottharrison

First Name
Skott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I say make sure you have a firm OTD price because spending all day outside at a dealership is, not the best thing in the world right now. I don't like to waste time outside when I don't have to, given the extraordinary times we live in...

wuaname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Si sedan
Country flag
Thanks... When I circle back around with the dealers I'll focus on OTD...

Trade, I have an idea what it says online, but don't think they'll be able to quote me on the trade "until they see it"... or am I wrong nowadays?

Bargain for the price of the car first, and have the trade-in a different conversation.
If they know you have a trade-in they can lower the price of the new vehicle while giving you a poor price for your trade-in or they can stay firm on the price of the vehicle and give you a 'stellar deal' on your trade-in.

OTD is the price you pay after everything is said and done (Minus your trade-in). OTD is what you have to cough up, finance or however you want to pay for your car. Trade-in is important because it's removed from the vehicle purchase price (Less tax to pay on the new vehicle).

There's many videos on YT which discuss trade-ins, cash-buying, financing etc...
What I recommend and I did, was make sure you don't go in without having a firm OTD price. Over the phone, email, text whatever you'd like, just have an email or text saying your "OTD price is XXX".

Let them know, once you decide on your Out The Door price, you'll come in, purchase the vehicle and drive home with it.

Again, have the offer in writing or text, deal with the trade-in value AFTER you have the OTD price, and if they promise or offer to give you ANYTHING, have them write it down on paper, on anything. You may be promised this or that, but when it comes time to sign, it'll change if it's in the dealerships favor.

If they offer you an offer on your trade-in, ensure it's a dollar value, and not a "Value of the trade" etc... and you have that on paper, preferably with someone's signature.

Sorry for the rant, I bought 2 new cars in the last 2 months and I'm not normally a new car buying type of guy, just turned out that way...

skottharrison

First Name
Skott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Thanks... When I circle back around with the dealers I'll focus on OTD...

Trade, I have an idea what it says online, but don't think they'll be able to quote me on the trade "until they see it"... or am I wrong nowadays?
Trade will have to be done with in person, they will have to examine it...
I don't think trade-in can be done online, over the phone, or text unless you have it appraised by like Carmax or something else in hand..
Sponsored