9" Aftermarket Android Head Unit (Feature Overview / Installation)

caldersm44

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport - 6 Speed
Country flag
Hey guys, finally got the Navifly PX6unit. so far things look great! very minor scratch on the screen towards the bottom but other than that it’s in perfect shape. took about 3 weeks to get here from china.

biggest difference i see between the JOYING and this is that the pretty much all inputs are cables instead of hardwired into the back of the unit. so instead of having your USB and RCA ports on the back of the unit they’re all cables. not a big deal but it definitely makes things a bit harder to organize.

Currently prewiring everything before installing the unit tomorrow morning when there’s some daylight. one thing that i’m a little confused about is where does the little cable for the factory USB port plug into? (see attached image) I know the black end goes into a cable from the car but is the white end supposed to plug in somewhere on the back of the unit?
Looks fantastic.....am a bit jealous....could not quite afford that one and had to go with the M400. Am really interested in knowing how it reacts compared to the Joying you had. Good luck with the install! Funny, but I couldn't find the back of that radio explained anywhere...because it is so much more newer than the M400.
Sponsored

naldy

First Name
mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport Hatchback
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
UPDATE: looks like they included the wrong adapter for the factory USB. I believe I received the one for an M400, and not the PX6. luckily i can get one from amazon but that’s annoying.

also haven’t been able to get steering wheel controls to work. not sure why, the CANBUS seems to be connected properly.

Honda Civic 10th gen 9" Aftermarket Android Head Unit (Feature Overview / Installation) image

Honda Civic 10th gen 9" Aftermarket Android Head Unit (Feature Overview / Installation) image

Weird differences between this and the Joying:

Joying provided 4 different camera views. this one only has one

This unit was completely in chinese, I had to use google translate to navigate to the language settings

If i can fix the steering wheel issue and if the amazon factory usb adapter works then i’ll be more than happy with this. but the Joying unit i had was definitely an easier set up

caldersm44

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
UPDATE: looks like they included the wrong adapter for the factory USB. I believe I received the one for an M400, and not the PX6. luckily i can get one from amazon but that’s annoying.

also haven’t been able to get steering wheel controls to work. not sure why, the CANBUS seems to be connected properly.

image.jpg

Weird differences between this and the Joying:

Joying provided 4 different camera views. this one only has one

This unit was completely in chinese, I had to use google translate to navigate to the language settings

If i can fix the steering wheel issue and if the amazon factory usb adapter works then i’ll be more than happy with this. but the Joying unit i had was definitely an easier set up
Every video I have watched has two cables on the CANBUS connector....almost all of them show a single blue wire connected to the other side.....not sure it matters....but check out this video of the phoenix unit.....FF to 10:20 and you will see him plug cables into both sides.
""

caldersm44

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Every video I have watched has two cables on the CANBUS connector....almost all of them show a single blue wire connected to the other side.....not sure it matters....but check out this video of the phoenix unit.....FF to 10:20 and you will see him plug cables into both sides.
Here is a picture I snapped from another video.....showing that blue wire
Honda Civic 10th gen 9" Aftermarket Android Head Unit (Feature Overview / Installation) 1602444838190

naldy

First Name
mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
""
that’s what it was on my Joying but if i’m not mistaken, on these Navifly ones there’s no blue wire. unless i’m missing something

caldersm44

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
that’s what it was on my Joying but if i’m not mistaken, on these Navifly ones there’s no blue wire. unless i’m missing something
Ahhhh....probably true. Will let you know on Thursday, as I am taking the day off to install Sound Deadening, Front Speakers and the M400 Head Unit.

Pitfighter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sedan LX
Country flag
Hey guys,

I have no idea when it comes to installing this stuff but as mentioned before I just plugged in what parts fit and went from there. Camera need to be the one I think called cam1 and as for the wheel controls I only plugged in the one side so was confused with that as well but everything is working. I noticed that wheel and backup didn't work for a few minutes when the car is hot so not sure if that is a heat sensor or if it just takes some time for it to work. Once going no issues. I don't use carplay or android auto but this is an android phone so you can run everything right off it. What I do is tether from my phone and it uses your data as if you phone so no running out of data. Here is the link to that HERE

You have to follow the directions and install the client too but once you setup you just need to establish the connection through the client. I can stream everything and won't use your data as a hotspot so you can use an unlimited plan. ?

naldy

First Name
mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Hey guys,

I have no idea when it comes to installing this stuff but as mentioned before I just plugged in what parts fit and went from there. Camera need to be the one I think called cam1 and as for the wheel controls I only plugged in the one side so was confused with that as well but everything is working. I noticed that wheel and backup didn't work for a few minutes when the car is hot so not sure if that is a heat sensor or if it just takes some time for it to work. Once going no issues. I don't use carplay or android auto but this is an android phone so you can run everything right off it. What I do is tether from my phone and it uses your data as if you phone so no running out of data. Here is the link to that HERE

You have to follow the directions and install the client too but once you setup you just need to establish the connection through the client. I can stream everything and won't use your data as a hotspot so you can use an unlimited plan. ?
that’s interesting, sounds like we’ve hooked up everything pretty much identically. for me it really is just the steering wheel controls not working right now. i’ll give it another shot tomorrow. starting to think the M400 was the better move

Pitfighter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
that’s interesting, sounds like we’ve hooked up everything pretty much identically. for me it really is just the steering wheel controls not working right now. i’ll give it another shot tomorrow. starting to think the M400 was the better move
Maybe the canbus is bad? Not sure.

caldersm44

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Maybe the canbus is bad? Not sure.
Got my M400 in today....woo hoo!! Shipped on the 10th and arrived on the 12th......thank you DHL shipping! Anyway.....I figured out why you don't have to loop the cable to the other side....it is because this CANBUS connector wiring is pulled out of the main connector and wired back into the M400....I crossed checked the wiring schematic of my car radio and traced the color codes....and they get to the Radio via the 8 pin connector....so only need to connect it on one side.

Think I am going to make a detailed connection sketch and post it when done....just for those that are having issues.
Honda Civic 10th gen 9" Aftermarket Android Head Unit (Feature Overview / Installation) 1602553206232

naldy

First Name
mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Got my M400 in today....woo hoo!! Shipped on the 10th and arrived on the 12th......thank you DHL shipping! Anyway.....I figured out why you don't have to loop the cable to the other side....it is because this CANBUS connector wiring is pulled out of the main connector and wired back into the M400....I crossed checked the wiring schematic of my car radio and traced the color codes....and they get to the Radio via the 8 pin connector....so only need to connect it on one side.

Think I am going to make a detailed connection sketch and post it when done....just for those that are having issues.
1602553206232.png
hmm i’m pretty sure mine doesn’t have those two wires branching off like that. interesting...

let us know how your install goes though, good luck!

Last edited:

KYRGYZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Civic LX, 18 Model X 100D
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
LOL look like I did connect everything the way it supposed to be after all, my steering wheel and all controls are working

Here you can see those canbus green and purple wires
Honda Civic 10th gen 9" Aftermarket Android Head Unit (Feature Overview / Installation) IMG_9684.JPG

caldersm44

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
LOL look like I did connect everything the way it supposed to be after all, my steering wheel and all controls are working

Here you can see those canbus green and purple wires
Is there a reason that you didn't connect your second USB port...? That is the 6 port connector. I see most people put it in the glove box. I think I am going to figure out how to surface mount it somewhere. They say you can add a USB flash drive with movies or other videos for the passenger to watch on long trips. Just wondering....no big deal.
Honda Civic 10th gen 9" Aftermarket Android Head Unit (Feature Overview / Installation) 1602591691016

Tunaaa

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civix lx-p 18
Country flag
Is there a reason that you didn't connect your second USB port...? That is the 6 port connector. I see most people put it in the glove box. I think I am going to figure out how to surface mount it somewhere. They say you can add a USB flash drive with movies or other videos for the passenger to watch on long trips. Just wondering....no big deal.
1602591691016.png
Don't quote me, but I believe the USB connection was 4 ports not 6, mine ended up with some empty ports and some leftover wiring, only 1 USB added but 2 were included, thought I did something wrong so I had my friend who does radio installation check it out and he said I did everything right and he wasn't sure where the extra stuff was intended to go. My assumption was that if you have an higher trim with a different display is suppose to fit one of the other wires you'd also end up using.

Pitfighter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
1602591691016.png
Yeah I added it as it doesn't hurt to have it. I use it as an additional charger but will try with a usb stick as you can use that as additional storage for whatever. Also you should setup that tethering app - I stream stuff for trips with my daughter and works awesome and doesn't blow up your data plan.