James3spearchucker

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
I'm still somewhat on the fence about which model to buy, but the Si is up my alley, although mentions of lesser reliability are of concern. There are (IMO) important differences between the 2017 Si and the 2020, but I've also begun to look at the '17. The reasoning behind this is that the older model saves me approximately 1K/yr on insurance.

The performance of the Si is important to me, not for racing, but for general traffic and road trip use. There's nothing worse than falling flat when trying to quickly maneuver traffic. Also, we have a mini cooperS w/6spd manual at present that I absolutely love driving, is fast and a dream to park (especially compared to my truck with 8' bed and crew cab).

I'm a fast driver in traffic, and suspension and 'get up' are important. Also, I shy away from the CVT because of what I've heard and because it's higher maintenance. That said, I still haven't 100% made up my mind. I'm hoping to be past the concrete issues in 2-3 weeks, at which time I'll see what's available, test drive a few more, make a decision and buy.
I think you are best served by waiting for proper test drives with cool-down periods following them. I prefer SI and Type R seats, but I like the 2.0 engine's ease of use, and easy, revving nature. The SI is an incredible bargain and is fun to drive. It is pretty much ready to go, doesn't need mods, whereas lower models beg for mods. For big winters I would go 2.0 unless I had a garage. If you don't need the hatch, SI and a garage would make for super daily fun. I had to have the hatch and it only comes with 1.5, unless you have the bigger budget and can afford the Type R, which is a proper hot hatch.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Bob.

Bob.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Country flag
Gentlemen, thanks for all the replies, input and information. I pulled the trigger this morning on a 2020 Si and will be picking it up tomorrow. I had planned on waiting until my concrete work was done, and also watching the storm in the gulf, but the few in my area were being bought up. I ended up getting it from a dealer about 50mis away.

Honda Civic 10th gen 2020 Civic Sport Manual or Si? Civic Si

olesaintnik

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Gentlemen, thanks for all the replies, input and information. I pulled the trigger this morning on a 2020 Si and will be picking it up tomorrow. I had planned on waiting until my concrete work was done, and also watching the storm in the gulf, but the few in my area were being bought up. I ended up getting it from a dealer about 50mis away.

Civic Si.jpg
Congrats! That's a great-looking car! I love the gray with those black wheels :thumbsup: You're going to love it! Welcome to the 10th gen Si club! :cool:

ultrashin

First Name
NOH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Type R CW
Country flag
Congrats. Si is one of the best cars you can buy in the segment. Best value car for daily and some spirited drives without breaking the bank. It has almost all features from highest civic trims. I drove Type R and test drove Si, but I can confidently say Si is no slouch when compared to its bigger brother.

VarmintCong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST Line X (sold 2020 Si sedan)
Country flag

Civic Si.jpg
Beautiful, that's a color I never see in an Si, good choice! I'm so glad I pulled the trigger, loving the 2020.

OP
OP
Bob.

Bob.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Country flag
Beautiful, that's a color I never see in an Si, good choice! I'm so glad I pulled the trigger, loving the 2020.
That color looks great.
Thanks for the comments. In the photo, it seems to have taken on a 'bluish' tint, or maybe it's the light. The color is modern steel metallic. I didn't really have a choice, since this was only one of two 2020's left in the state (the other being silver and a lot further away), but given the choice, I would have chosen this or the black. I'll be picking it up around mid-day. I'm looking forward to the 50 mile ride back.

WOPSiWOT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
when i bought my car there was this black sport coupe 2020 and a red si coupe also 2020 and they had the same exact wheels on them, these: (this is my car the day i bought it)

IMG_20200709_100724_9.jpg

EDIT: well i don't know why that was that day but on the website it looks like you're right...those wheels look much better IMO tho (even tho i don't use them)

Maybe the red one was a 2019 si model i don't know.

IMG_20200709_100800_7.jpg
The Si wheels and Sport wheels have the same design, but are different part numbers. OEM for the Si wheels is Enkei. OEM for the Sport is Asahi. Si wheels are slightly lighter, something like 2lbs difference, but still heavy.

Congrats on the Si OP.

yansag1982

First Name
Yanick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Coupe Sport 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The Si wheels and Sport wheels have the same design, but are different part numbers. OEM for the Si wheels is Enkei. OEM for the Sport is Asahi. Si wheels are slightly lighter, something like 2lbs difference, but still heavy.

Congrats on the Si OP.
i did not know that...they certainly weight a ton that's for sure. My aftermarket wheels and tires are at least 30-40% lighter i would say but the OEM wheels are probably way stronger.

OP
OP
Bob.

Bob.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Country flag
Loving the Si so far, but I just found out how delicate wheels with the 'thin' sidewalls are. I was pulling out of a parking spot with a sidewalk with a squared curb, barely moving, but turned the wheel into the curb. No noise, just resistance. Damaged the edge of the rim and tire. I guess I'm going to have to be very careful of that.

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2020 Civic Si Coupe Past: 2018 Civic Si Coupe, 2014 Prius, 2013 Civic LX 5spd
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Congrats on the car!! Beautiful color

I had MSM on my last 10th gen and it really does look good when clean and in the light. Also it stays looking clean for a while, I wash my current white one 3x more than I did with MSM lol

civicmanic

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring ; 2020 CR-V Sport(wife)
Country flag
Also it stays looking clean for a while, I wash my current white one 3x more than I did with MSM lol
Really? My last civic was grey and it always looked dirty. I find my white stays a lot cleaner looking, at least from 6 feet away! :) The only colour that stays cleaner looking than white is silver. But silver is also the most boring colour.

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2020 Civic Si Coupe Past: 2018 Civic Si Coupe, 2014 Prius, 2013 Civic LX 5spd
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Really? My last civic was grey and it always looked dirty. I find my white stays a lot cleaner looking, at least from 6 feet away! :) The only colour that stays cleaner looking than white is silver. But silver is also the most boring colour.
Yeah for me grey stays cleaner a lot longer, I see the dirt a lot less but I see dirt on my white instantly :/

I kind of miss having MSM, it's honestly such a great underrated color that looks super sleek, but I also wanted a white car so badly so there's that lolol

civicmanic

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring ; 2020 CR-V Sport(wife)
Country flag
Yeah for me grey stays cleaner a lot longer, I see the dirt a lot less but I see dirt on my white instantly :/

I kind of miss having MSM, it's honestly such a great underrated color that looks super sleek, but I also wanted a white car so badly so there's that lolol
IDK man. Darker colours always look dirtier in my experience. Unless it's silver or beige. The two most boring colours.
Sponsored