9" Aftermarket Android Head Unit (Feature Overview / Installation)

caldersm44

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport - 6 Speed
Country flag
I ordered mine on 10/01.....for $218.90....plus tax....plus I did the DHL shipping. Same here...I am stoked to get this installed. I also bought an OBD2 unit off Amazon....and am looking at getting the front facing DVR camera. I also have been checking out a video series on installing new speakers(mine rattle at 70% volume) and sound deadening material in the door well.....looks very easy to do and not too expensive at all. Let us know when you get it and how you hook up the other side of the CanBus module.
Found out that they are not shipping mine till after the 8th.....I just got unlucky and ordered it right at their holiday(1st - 8th).....ugh. But thankful for all the great info that everyone keeps providing.
Sponsored

naldy

First Name
mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport Hatchback
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Whoa! How did u find out about that? Was it a recall? Would love to get it done at the dealership for free!
Not a recall but a known issue. There's an app called "Sonic" on iOS that lets you play different frequencies of sound. I just went in for an oil change and mentioned the issue. When they asked for proof I just had them sit in the passenger seat and turned the frequency down on the app until my front doors startled rattling.

All they do is add some foam padding to the inside of the door panels, you could do it yourself if you really wanted to.

I would probably do this before getting the head unit though so they can't blame the issue on aftermarket parts

caldersm44

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Not a recall but a known issue. There's an app called "Sonic" on iOS that lets you play different frequencies of sound. I just went in for an oil change and mentioned the issue. When they asked for proof I just had them sit in the passenger seat and turned the frequency down on the app until my front doors startled rattling.

All they do is add some foam padding to the inside of the door panels, you could do it yourself if you really wanted to.

I would probably do this before getting the head unit though so they can't blame the issue on aftermarket parts
Thanks Naldy! I am planning on installing new front speakers....so I was going to add sound deadening material at that time. This Youtube video makes it pretty easy. Think I might do this before I even get the radio....because it seems to be delayed due to Chinese Holiday. Yours still in customs...? They say when it will arrive...?

naldy

First Name
mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Thanks Naldy! I am planning on installing new front speakers....so I was going to add sound deadening material at that time. This Youtube video makes it pretty easy. Think I might do this before I even get the radio....because it seems to be delayed due to Chinese Holiday. Yours still in customs...? They say when it will arrive...?

They're quoting between Oct 14-Nov 3rd

My Joying Unit got here in 12 days flat

Last edited:

@thatblu_si

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Aegean Blue 2019 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
This thing looks bad a$$, does anybody know if it works for the Si?? Theres 61 pages in this thread so i wasnt guna even try looking lol i hate my stock head unit, its overly complicated and now with the honda hack it lags for days. This would be a nice investment for me

naldy

First Name
mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
This thing looks bad a$$, does anybody know if it works for the Si?? Theres 61 pages in this thread so i wasnt guna even try looking lol i hate my stock head unit, its overly complicated and now with the honda hack it lags for days. This would be a nice investment for me
It should work fine, but I know the process is slightly different for the touch screen stock units. But most of these kits mentioned in this thread will give you everything you need

caldersm44

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
It should work fine, but I know the process is slightly different for the touch screen stock units. But most of these kits mentioned in this thread will give you everything you need
Naldy...all,

Any recommendations on replacing the front/rear speakers from Stock with this new HU..? I am leaning towards Rockfoard Fosgate Prime R165x3.....but am open to budget friendly alternatives.

Will the R165x3's be better than the stock...? Wonder how they would pair with the M400 HU without an amp...? Also considering that 10" underseat Sub....don't want to blast....just make a bit more bass.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Last edited:

@thatblu_si

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Aegean Blue 2019 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Awesome thank you so much!

btycda36

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
So my M400 is in US customs now and Should have it soon. I was thinking of getting the Cerwin Vega VPAS10 10" Powered Subwoofer for under my seat. Does anyone know if the HU comes with direct wiring for the sub? Their site shows a RCA adapter cable that I believe would do the trick. Just want to see if anyone has experience with it already?

Honda Civic 10th gen 9" Aftermarket Android Head Unit (Feature Overview / Installation) Screenshot 2020-10-09 162426

Royalz_2o9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Touring Sedan
Country flag
So my M400 is in US customs now and Should have it soon. I was thinking of getting the Cerwin Vega VPAS10 10" Powered Subwoofer for under my seat. Does anyone know if the HU comes with direct wiring for the sub? Their site shows a RCA adapter cable that I believe would do the trick. Just want to see if anyone has experience with it already?

Screenshot 2020-10-09 162426.png
green wire is your sub out, i then connected a y-adapter to that single wire to get 2 rca outs and then into amp.

caldersm44

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Naldy...all,

Any recommendations on replacing the front/rear speakers from Stock with this new HU..? I am leaning towards Rockfoard Fosgate Prime R165x3.....but am open to budget friendly alternatives.

Will the R165x3's be better than the stock...? Wonder how they would pair with the M400 HU without an amp...? Also considering that 10" underseat Sub....don't want to blast....just make a bit more bass.

Thanks for any help you can offer.
Great News....they got my Radio shipped out yesterday....and it is due to arrive at the house next Wednesday...!! Go DHL shipping...!

Anyone got advice about the Rockford R165X3's..? Better than stock...? Any better recommendations under $100....for the front two speakers to start with for sure?

Tunaaa

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civix lx-p 18
Country flag
Great News....they got my Radio shipped out yesterday....and it is due to arrive at the house next Wednesday...!! Go DHL shipping...!

Anyone got advice about the Rockford R165X3's..? Better than stock...? Any better recommendations under $100....for the front two speakers to start with for sure?
Hey I see your asking about which speakers you should use, someone linked the YouTube video on how to install speakers into the door panel and in the video the guy used Polk Db652 which you should buy on Crutchfield if they're available because they come with the harness to fit into the car. They're a big improvement. Makes the car bump a little harder but if you want something that shakes the ground you'll need a sub. I have Polk in the front and was going to put something in the rear but Ultimately decided that the rear speakers were not worth replacing unless your going to cut into the back and get something bigger than the oem ones.

Honda Civic 10th gen 9" Aftermarket Android Head Unit (Feature Overview / Installation) VideoCapture_20201010-154342

Honda Civic 10th gen 9" Aftermarket Android Head Unit (Feature Overview / Installation) VideoCapture_20201010-154348

Honda Civic 10th gen 9" Aftermarket Android Head Unit (Feature Overview / Installation) 20201010_154637

naldy

First Name
mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Hey guys, finally got the Navifly PX6unit. so far things look great! very minor scratch on the screen towards the bottom but other than that it’s in perfect shape. took about 3 weeks to get here from china.

biggest difference i see between the JOYING and this is that the pretty much all inputs are cables instead of hardwired into the back of the unit. so instead of having your USB and RCA ports on the back of the unit they’re all cables. not a big deal but it definitely makes things a bit harder to organize.

Honda Civic 10th gen 9" Aftermarket Android Head Unit (Feature Overview / Installation) BD2DBC0A-1F31-4E8E-8C99-389C5D283F82
Honda Civic 10th gen 9" Aftermarket Android Head Unit (Feature Overview / Installation) 85FE4FB5-1853-44BD-BABC-5A6057E299CB

Currently prewiring everything before installing the unit tomorrow morning when there’s some daylight. one thing that i’m a little confused about is where does the little cable for the factory USB port plug into? (see attached image) I know the black end goes into a cable from the car but is the white end supposed to plug in somewhere on the back of the unit?

Honda Civic 10th gen 9" Aftermarket Android Head Unit (Feature Overview / Installation) 591BD119-7289-4BBE-938C-323CAF25EAF5

caldersm44

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Hey I see your asking about which speakers you should use, someone linked the YouTube video on how to install speakers into the door panel and in the video the guy used Polk Db652 which you should buy on Crutchfield if they're available because they come with the harness to fit into the car. They're a big improvement. Makes the car bump a little harder but if you want something that shakes the ground you'll need a sub. I have Polk in the front and was going to put something in the rear but Ultimately decided that the rear speakers were not worth replacing unless your going to cut into the back and get something bigger than the oem ones.

Wow thanks...!! Yeah...after about 3 hours of cruising the internet.....it was between Polk 652($90) and the JBL GX628($67)......but I went with the JBL, because they were more in line with my budget, and I like their sound a bit better. I also saw the installation for the sound deadening....so I got some of that to install in the doors.....not full coverage....but enough to dampen the vibrations. So looks like everything will be here by Thursday....so looks like a good vacation day..!

Sponsored