How fucked am I ?!

wuaname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Si sedan
Country flag
If it’s serious, take your mods off, see if the mechanic can make the smoke go away temporarily, and go trade it in.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Ty3366!!

Ty3366!!

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic SI
Country flag
I went with the whole package deal. saenz rods, JE pistons, CSS, ect. For the head I just upgraded the springs to titanium.

No problems so far, you do want to run a 5w-40 or 10w40 as anything lighter is consumed by the built engine lol.

Ditched the meth. Running Emmans fuel system package, injectors, hpfp, low pressure pump. Tho idk if he's openly selling it yet. Parts rn are hard to get. And atm manual boost control or motec is the only way to push into the mid to uper 30psi
Now this is what i need! Whats the new system capable of?

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
Wish I knew. Waiting on a few last things before I can push it hard on the dyno.

Looks like oil coming from the turbo

OP
OP
Ty3366!!

Ty3366!!

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic SI
Country flag
It is indeed oil coming from the turbo and Im starting to think its the center section. I ordered all new hardware from 27won and the gasket for the oil return line from Honda and it still leaks. Vincent has been pretty great with trying to help me but now im at the point of sending the turbo back to him to be looked at in house, and I don't want to do that unless I have to because that's a week + of no driving. I sent a datalog and dyno plot sheet to drob and he said that my tune I just got was straight garbage. fuck me right. so now im going to go through an email tune with him and order a catch can and custom install it to see if the helps with the issue. Vincent sent me this to double check everything...

Honda Civic 10th gen How fucked am I ?! Screen Shot 2020-10-23 at 11.19.47 AM

Honda Civic 10th gen How fucked am I ?! Screen Shot 2020-10-23 at 11.20.13 AM

arpypat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
What tune were you running? Just an OTS TSP Stage 2 tune?

With your power mods (full FBO, flex fuel, race MAF, TIP, W1 turbo), you should've DEFINITELY gotten a custom tune.

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
What tune were you running? Just an OTS TSP Stage 2 tune?

With your power mods (full FBO, flex fuel, race MAF, TIP, W1 turbo), you should've DEFINITELY gotten a custom tune.
I believe he had a custom tune from a questionable source. I believe there were some recommendations made on a previous thread but I'm not sure what he ended up doing.

arpypat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I believe he had a custom tune from a questionable source. I believe there were some recommendations made on a previous thread but I'm not sure what he ended up doing.
I just re-read the 1st post:

"i uploaded the 27won w1 race maf ethanol tune on ktuner software booted up and put an E25 mix in because apparently i couldn't math for E30 lol, got on the highway and gunned it."

Maybe there was a random custom tune uploaded after the original incident?

OP
OP
Ty3366!!

Ty3366!!

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic SI
Country flag
So i did go get a custom tune by a guy that had no idea what he was doing. The tune just seems off. The car backfires sometimes and just doesnt seem right. I sent drob the data log and dyno plot and he said the car is making very conservative power and is comanding a rich AFR. He said theres too much timing down low but he cant tell exactly bc he cant see the actual tune. I have 3/4 tank of e30 so when that runs out ill be doing a email tune with drob. What i should have done in the first place

websitesdown

First Name
Bee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI , 2023 Civic Sport
Country flag
So i did go get a custom tune by a guy that had no idea what he was doing. The tune just seems off. The car backfires sometimes and just doesnt seem right. I sent drob the data log and dyno plot and he said the car is making very conservative power and is comanding a rich AFR. He said theres too much timing down low but he cant tell exactly bc he cant see the actual tune. I have 3/4 tank of e30 so when that runs out ill be doing a email tune with drob. What i should have done in the first place

Now you're going down the right path young man. He'll take good care of you. I'm on mile marker 421 of my 500 mile break in on my clutch using drobs tune and I can't wait to be able to open her up again. I've done it a few times but nothing serious and man the difference is amaze balls.

OP
OP
Ty3366!!

Ty3366!!

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic SI
Country flag
Now you're going down the right path young man. He'll take good care of you. I'm on mile marker 421 of my 500 mile break in on my clutch using drobs tune and I can't wait to be able to open her up again. I've done it a few times but nothing serious and man the difference is amaze balls.
Hey ill be 23 soon... well yea i guess still young and stupid ? im excited! As for the turbo... fricken heck ! Once the tune is complete im gonna take it to a local dyno and just do a numbers pull... wonder what thatll cost ?

OP
OP
Ty3366!!

Ty3366!!

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic SI
Country flag
So I actually did end up sending it back to 27Won and Vincent gave me a call and I believe he said that it was a thrust bearing (I don't know anatomy of a turbo... yet) issue but he said it was under warranty and sent me a brand new unit and all new copper crush washers. I got it installed this morning an after driving a good 100 miles. It seems just fine no leak like before. But I do have new issues, and I am talking with a new shop now.

thinking its a valve seal in cylinder 3 and maybe also a head gasket. anyway I'm about to rebuild the head and if the bottom half needs work well discuss that at that time.

Honda Civic 10th gen How fucked am I ?! IMG_3803

Honda Civic 10th gen How fucked am I ?! IMG_3804

Honda Civic 10th gen How fucked am I ?! IMG_3839.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen How fucked am I ?! IMG_3840.JPG