10th gen CIVIC SI - What did you pay?

wuaname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Si sedan
Country flag
edit : There will not be a 2021 Si and there will be no coupe Si's ever again.

tks for clarification.
Sponsored

Last edited:

MrAmAzn

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Toyota Corolla, '12 Honda Pilot
Country flag
I think Si production stops in October, so I would not wait hoping for better prices. With few dealers having more than 1 at a time, they won't be discounting heavily.
I second this. I put a deposit down back in August and mine's coming in toward the end of this month. Not sure if any more new ones are coming in at this point that don't already have deposits down.

MrAmAzn

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Toyota Corolla, '12 Honda Pilot
Country flag
Stops in Oct (now) for 2020 for 2021
Models , right?
The 11th gen SI comes out in 2022. Not sure if they will just keep producing the 10th gen si's into 2021 or they are stopping completely. Rumor has it, the later is what will happen.

BMatt021

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Focus SE
Country flag
The dealers in Wisconsin and Illinois that have Si Coupes are not budging off of MSRP. Will not even entertain the notion of doing so.. do I bite the bullet and pay more than I'd like? On the high end I was hoping to pay around $26,500 OTD.

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2020 Civic Si Coupe Past: 2018 Civic Si Coupe, 2014 Prius, 2013 Civic LX 5spd
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The dealers in Wisconsin and Illinois that have Si Coupes are not budging off of MSRP. Will not even entertain the notion of doing so.. do I bite the bullet and pay more than I'd like? On the high end I was hoping to pay around $26,500 OTD.
If you really want the coupe yeah

I can't imagine dealers budging much now especially after knowing coupes are discontinued. I love the coupes, if I was in your position and needed an Si I would likely pay MRSP

Can't say I'm 100% certain but although coupes are less practical than the sedan, I feel they will hold their value really well considering it's Honda's last 2 door si (and it's a 2020)

BMatt021

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Focus SE
Country flag
If you really want the coupe yeah

I can't imagine dealers budging much now especially after knowing coupes are discontinued. I love the coupes, if I was in your position and needed an Si I would likely pay MRSP

Can't say I'm 100% certain but although coupes are less practical than the sedan, I feel they will hold their value really well considering it's Honda's last 2 door si (and it's a 2020)
I'd imagine at MSRP, that the OTD has to be close to or over $28,000. Still need to figure out pricing if I do decide to go the MSRP route.

The pictures and patent filings for the 2022 model year didn't do much for me either, which makes me want a 2020 more as well.

Decisions, decisions.

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2020 Civic Si Coupe Past: 2018 Civic Si Coupe, 2014 Prius, 2013 Civic LX 5spd
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'd imagine at MSRP, that the OTD has to be close to or over $28,000. Still need to figure out pricing if I do decide to go the MSRP route.

The pictures and patent filings for the 2022 model year didn't do much for me either, which makes me want a 2020 more as well.

Decisions, decisions.
Yeah it's a hefty price but hopefully you can cut down some fees

and likewise. Again, it's all dependent on if you really want a coupe. If you're indifferent to the body style then it's not a bad idea to wait (maybe 11th gen si will really knock it out of the park) but like you, the patent filings for the 2022 didn't cut it for me. I was going to consider it but I think I'll be keeping mine for a long time

VarmintCong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST Line X (sold 2020 Si sedan)
Country flag
did you go in person to each dealer? Once your in the door they're more likely to negotiate to keep you from leaving.

BMatt021

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Focus SE
Country flag
did you go in person to each dealer? Once your in the door they're more likely to negotiate to keep you from leaving.
No I have not gone in person, this has been done almost exclusively via email thus far.

The dealers that have a PWP Si Coupe are all located out of state, around 2 hours from me, so it makes it a little tricky to head there in person to negotiate unfortunately.

MorrisGray

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mazda3 5sp manual, 2012 Genesis sedan
Country flag
No I have not gone in person, this has been done almost exclusively via email thus far.

The dealers that have a PWP Si Coupe are all located out of state, around 2 hours from me, so it makes it a little tricky to head there in person to negotiate unfortunately.
I am in a similar situation negotiating online. If I knew that I wanted to buy the car for sure, I would simply tell someone thru email, that I will give them a credit card deposit to hold the car until I get there to buy it, if they are willing to accept my offer. If you ask for $26,500 O-T-D , they probably will not accept but they might. Otherwise they would counter offer and then you should say , thanks but I will try another dealer. Unless you are willing to go up to their offer, but make sure they are talking O-T-D price. Now if you are willing to accept a different color to get your price, then go local and make the offer in person.

BMatt021

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Focus SE
Country flag
I am in a similar situation negotiating online. If I knew that I wanted to buy the car for sure, I would simply tell someone thru email, that I will give them a credit card deposit to hold the car until I get there to buy it, if they are willing to accept my offer. If you ask for $26,500 O-T-D , they probably will not accept but they might. Otherwise they would counter offer and then you should say , thanks but I will try another dealer. Unless you are willing to go up to their offer, but make sure they are talking O-T-D price. Now if you are willing to accept a different color to get your price, then go local and make the offer in person.
I thought about giving up on white, but I think it just looks too damn good to not get it. There's a dealer near me that has a silver Si coupe, but it just doesn't look the same to me. Not sure why. I wish I was in a position to purchase before all of this Covid non-sense began, and before they axed the coupe. Would have made this process much less painful lol.

herox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Si
MSRP isn't bad considering the coupe is discontinued, you'll get the color you want, and it's getting harder to find in your area.