suhhh’s 2020 Civic Si Coupe build

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2020 Civic Si Coupe Past: 2018 Civic Si Coupe, 2014 Prius, 2013 Civic LX 5spd
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Been meaning to make something like this but I was lazy for the longest time :spaz:

My name is Kenny, I'm 24 and from North NJ but travel in Manhattan/NYC daily for work. This is my 2nd 10th Gen Si, my previous was a 2018 Si coupe in MSM. My dad had a good long time friend at Honda that got me a great deal to switch over to the 2020 so I took it. My previous cars before are a 2014 Prius that I shared with my dad for a couple years (due to financial reasons) and before that my first car was a 2013 9th Gen LX sedan.

Growing up I never really had that much money to spend on modifying cars, my dad and I (single parent) faced a few big financial setbacks in our lives to where it would be really unreasonable to modify a car. I fractured my skull when I was 18 from a longboarding accident and was in the ICU and hospital for about 2 weeks, this occured when the economy was bad and my dad recently lost his job and got a new one so he had no active medical insurance, bills totaled out to $100,000+ but by the grace of God, the 4 doctors I had were understanding of our situation and lowered our medical bills considerably.

Fast forward many years later, both my Dad and I have rebuilt ourselves. I gave up the option of dorming at college and commuted all 4 years, I'd drop my dad off at work early mornings then go straight to class (tried to get all morning classes) and would pick him up after work. My dad got a great job and landed promotions and is now doing well for himself after almost filing bankruptcy. I worked at a restaurant for most of my college career to help with bills and also build up my net worth. Fast forward many years later, both of us are doing well. My dad got a new job and has been there for a bit now, landed promotions and is making good money while I graduated college and thankfully landed my first full time doing Supply Chain work for an importing company. Unfortunately got laid off from that job because of Covid but also thankfully landed an even better job about 4 months ago making better money and having better job security.

I'm telling this story because it's the reason I love this car so much. I've loved cars since I was a kid and my dream since middleschool was to always modify a car and make it my own but I never got the chance to because of financial reasons. My friends all around me started modifying their cars from highschool while I was stuck doing cheap mods like plastidip and a cheap eBay lip. Now as a working adult, I am blessed with the opportunity of creating something that I've been envisioning since a kid.

Cars are inanimate objects, something to get us from point A to B, but my god I am absolutely in love with my car. Every day that I drive in it to work I have a smile because for me, it's a dream come true and I am thankful for the position I am in now. Any time a stranger compliments my car my heart genuinely jumps for joy and I always appreciate the feedback I get.

Now that's my backstory, here is my build. Because of my new job, I daily drive NYC. I face standstill stop and go traffic Mon-Fri (sometimes weekends because girlfriend lives in the city) and also face really shitty roads so my build (somewhat) reflects around that (not rlly heheheh full send).

3/18/20
Took this pic right after I parked her and just stared for a while. I always wanted a white car and was absolutely amazed by all the sparkles and how shiny the car was, I told the salesman, "I don't care how long I have to wait, I want a white coupe or nothing". On the drive home I was huffing like a crackhead just taking in that new car smell smiling the entire time knowing that this was mine.
Honda Civic 10th gen suhhh’s 2020 Civic Si Coupe build 1602168588901

3/20/20
Since I got her during the start/peak of Covid, the roads were practically empty which in my eyes was a blessing. I drove this car like crazy for the next few months since I was WFH (and eventually unemployed). I was literally driving everywhere for absolutely 0 reason, I would go to different photo locations snapping photos like crazy and just cruise to nowhere then hit my navigation and go back home. I broke her in slowly and carefully and didn't start to push on it until i hit 1k, I'm currently at almost 12k miles now 7 months later.
Honda Civic 10th gen suhhh’s 2020 Civic Si Coupe build 1602168738683

3/30/20
Met up with a few of my buddies for my first cruise in the new Si. It was so tempting to just rip on it but I just stuck to the back and cruised slowly. They were all looking at my car saying it's crazy how it looks aggressive and sporty like that from factory, made me all giggly inside hehehehohoho
(Stage 2 GTI, 15 STI, 19 BRZ)
Honda Civic 10th gen suhhh’s 2020 Civic Si Coupe build 1602168943015

4/6/20: Procivic Smoked Sidemarkers
Did my first mod which was procivic smoked sidemarkers. The orange ones were such an eyesore to me and I felt like it was the one thing that really disrupted the flow of the car since the car is primarily black/white. Installed in about 15 minutes no problem and to this day I'm still happy with the choice and haven't had any issues with bulbs going out or wonky fitment. I like the smoked look over a pitch black one and the LED's, just seems cleaner to me.
Honda Civic 10th gen suhhh’s 2020 Civic Si Coupe build 1602169149461

4/13/20: Procivic Track Style Lip
Installed my procivic track style lip on my friends driveway. Didn't have any access to jack stands or equipment but I was so impatient that I hit up my friend to use his incline LOL. I think it's a fantastic subtle looking lip that doesn't scream in your face that it's there but you definitely notice it. I've had some people not even realize that it was an aftermarket lip and they thought that it was OEM. Looking back, I kind of wish I opted for the ABS Dynamics Lip for my first lip purchase but I'm still happy with it.
Honda Civic 10th gen suhhh’s 2020 Civic Si Coupe build 1602169295511

4/14/20: D2 Lowering Springs
I've always loved lowered cars, I just think they look sooooo good. Closing off that gap really makes it look that much better. Took this pic the day after so there was still a lot of settling to do but I was so happy with how it looked and I'm glad I decided to go with the most aggressive drop.
Honda Civic 10th gen suhhh’s 2020 Civic Si Coupe build 1602169634581

5/2/20: NJxGENS
Joined my first car club! Was dming some guy on instagram about some mods and turns out he one of the admins for NJxGENS. Extended me an invite and I joined because he was a real down to earth dude, wasn't pushy to get me to join either. It was super exciting being in my first car group and meeting so many like-minded people, although we were all strangers to eachother we all connected very quickly and I ended up starting some really good relationships from this group. Went on car meets every chance that I could no matter how far and I had an absolute blast everytime.
Honda Civic 10th gen suhhh’s 2020 Civic Si Coupe build 1602173576888

Honda Civic 10th gen suhhh’s 2020 Civic Si Coupe build 1602169878909

5/21/20: BLOX Weighted Shift Knob
Got it for free from a buddy after he switched to Acuity. I tried a few different shift knobs and most recently got an Acuity ESCO knob (10/8), but I always go back to this one. This just feels.... good... It feels confident, it's a good weight, I like the shape as I can grip it well (no homo). Only downside is that this thing gets fucking hot in the summers, I also wish it was a different color like white or black but nonetheless it still looks really cool (and was free! :D)
Honda Civic 10th gen suhhh’s 2020 Civic Si Coupe build 1602170045151

5/24/20: 35% All around tints/DC Sports Strut Bar
Finally got tints! Been wanting to get tints for a while but I held back. Paid $200 for all around minus front windshield and it came with a lifetime warranty. I kind of wish I went a tad bit darker maybe 30% but I went 35% so I could keep it on the safe side here in North Jersey. Cops here generally don't care if you have tints but if you are dark like 5%-15% or have a front windshield tint then they definitely take an interest. 7/10 tint job, few small bubbles but you get what you pay for! Going to go back sometime to get my tints redone and going to see if I can go 5% lighter, just haven't found the time to do so yet. Also got a DC Sports strut bar, didn't take any install pictures but can't really tell a difference at low speeds. Higher speeds and turns I think I could tell a little difference.
Honda Civic 10th gen suhhh’s 2020 Civic Si Coupe build 1602170230999

5/26/20-5-28/20: FKX Catless Downpipe & Garageline 25mm/20mm spacers/SPC Rear Camber Arms/Alignment
Did my first downpipe install with my buddy and my god I wanted to die. Dropped shit in the engine bay a few times so had to take the bumper on/off, didn't have good hardware so had to run to autozone in the rain to pick up spare bolts (terrible idea). All in all it took us about 7-8 hours? I ended up having an exhaust leak for about a month because of the shit hardware I used. My MPG went all the way down to 15-17mpg if I floored it and about 23-24 if I normally cruised. Everyone told me "Naw your foot just got heavier" so I believed it till I found out I had a leak when I got my R exhaust done. Got the downpipe for free from my buddy since he upgraded to PRL and now I realize that I should've probably done the same (explained later). Also got the spacers from him since he upgraded to some Avid's (wow I get everything from him eh?), paid $100 which was a good price since he didn't use them too much. Wasn't sure how I'd feel about spacers but my god I'm in love with them. 25mm in the front and 25mm in the rear with an alignment gave me that perfect aggressive fitment that I wanted. Fills up the wheel well and that wide stance just makes me look like I'm pissed the fuck off and I love it. Also got my SPC rear arms installed and got the car aligned, was running about -1.6 camber in rears in this pic. This pic was also taken on the day I gave back all my WFH equipment to my old job after they got rid of me (fuck them eat my ass!!)
Honda Civic 10th gen suhhh’s 2020 Civic Si Coupe build 1602170935459

7/1/20: Type R OEM Exhaust Retrofit
Was looking around for exhaust systems and did a lot of research, since I'm catless I knew that most aftermarket exhaust systems would be extremely loud. I live in an apartment complex so I didn't want to be too inconsiderate and I also didn't want to be blaring loud in general. My buddy runs the Type R Exhaust on his civic and was catless and I really enjoyed the deep throaty tone of it so I pulled the trigger when I found a local one. Paid $300 and paid my shop $80 to install and relocate the hangars. Job took about 6 hours but I'm really pleased with how it turned out and glad I went with it, I think it looks fantastic on the coupe (even though I generally prefer 2 tip exhausts). My MPG also shot back up after install because this time around proper hardware was used and everything tightened correctly (fixing my exhaust leak)
Honda Civic 10th gen suhhh’s 2020 Civic Si Coupe build 1602171164173

7/19/20: Rear signal vinyl and random stickers
My other buddy had some leftover lamin-x film that he decided to give me so I threw it on and really liked the look. I feel that it makes the rear a lot more aggressive and angry. I also threw on some cheap $10 stickers that I found online. One of them says "Endless Nights" and I was high thinking, "Damn... I love driving at night I relate to this shit so hard wtf" so i bought it. I also got the good luck sticker that night because I'm like "Damn bro I deadass get pulled over too much this gon be my lucky charm" <-- I got pulled over and got a speeding ticket a few weeks later
Honda Civic 10th gen suhhh’s 2020 Civic Si Coupe build 1602171375224

7/30/20: Art of Attack Window Banner
Just thought it looked cool as fuck with white/white. Seen 2 xgens on IG running it and it convinced me. Installed it with my girlfriend in about an hour, not bad for the first time installing a banner! Didn't measure shit and just did our best to eye it and move it around with soap water.
Honda Civic 10th gen suhhh’s 2020 Civic Si Coupe build 1602171570911

7/31/20: Pink Lamin-X Fog Film
A week ago I was talking about pink fogs with one of my friends and told him how I think it'd look cool. There was a flash sale where it was $10 a pop and he ordered me one and surprised me with it. Looks GOOOOOOD. Glad that 2020 came with LED fogs because I don't even have to change the bulb, the light output is so great and dank and gives such a vibrant pink at night. Probably one of my favorite mods.
Honda Civic 10th gen suhhh’s 2020 Civic Si Coupe build 1602171757020

9/1/20: Muffler Delete
Wanted a little more sound so spent $200 on a muffler delete in Queens. Sounded soOooOOoO good fuck, wish I had more time to enjoy the sound before my downpipe blew. Super deep sounding and got some really nice crackles whenever I let off the gas. Perfect enough sound to where it's not obnoxious but not quiet.
Honda Civic 10th gen suhhh’s 2020 Civic Si Coupe build 1602171952520

9/2/20: Uniden R3
Picked up a Uniden R3 radar. Had a passport years ago but the prius got broken into and it got stolen.
Featuring a tinfoil heart made by my girlfriend from foil from a chipotle tortilla
Honda Civic 10th gen suhhh’s 2020 Civic Si Coupe build 1602172087078

9/8/20: Pink holographic flower trees/Banner/Rear Stickers
I have a buddy with his own sticker company, asked for some custom stuff to spice up my window banner. Put these pink holographic ones on to match my fogs and really do love them. Looks dank as shit in the sun, has about 5 different colors that show up depending on the lighting situation. During the day it's primarily pink/holographic/cyan and during the night it's highlighter yellow. Me and a few people in NJxGENS formed our own small collective group since we fucked with eachother a lot so I threw on our new banner. Also got some rear stickers done in the same and ditched the goodluck sticker that brought me bad luck.
Honda Civic 10th gen suhhh’s 2020 Civic Si Coupe build 1602172280927

Honda Civic 10th gen suhhh’s 2020 Civic Si Coupe build 1602172336819
Honda Civic 10th gen suhhh’s 2020 Civic Si Coupe build 1602172368263
Honda Civic 10th gen suhhh’s 2020 Civic Si Coupe build 1602172660956

9/10/20: Blew my FKX Catless Downpipe
Went to meet with my buddies 45 minutes away from home and as soon as I pulled in to see them my exhaust sounded different. Sounded like it was coming from the front and also couldn't hit boost anymore. Did some investigating there and I was shitting bricks thinking I blew my turbo or something but my buddy found that a bolt was missing so I was relieved. Went 40mph the entire way home and had to borrow my friend's cars for two days since I didn't want to push my car's luck. Turns out that it wasn't just the bolt, but my entire fucking weld popped off. The mechanics even looked at me like "bruh". Downpipe was ran for a total of 7-8k miles and was pushed fairly heavy, but regardless a downpipe weld shouldn't just come off like this regardless if it's beaten or not. My friend was really nice and gave me her old oem downpipe to use since she upgraded recently and my old downpipe got stolen. Back to stock and back to a quieter exhaust oh well!! Thankful I wasn't hundreds of miles away from home because then I'd be really fucked.
Honda Civic 10th gen suhhh’s 2020 Civic Si Coupe build 1602172694672
Honda Civic 10th gen suhhh’s 2020 Civic Si Coupe build 1602172723205

10/1/20: PRL Short Ram Intake & Type R OEM Shifter w/ Acuity Stage 2 Shift Kit
It was my birthday September 13th so I got some birthday money, decided to get 2 upgrades I've been wanting. Got the Short Ram for now since I don't really want to worry about hydrolocking, planning on going PRL CAI conversion next car season and want to wait until I get KTuner and another downpipe before I do that. Intake install was easy but the sound deadening at the box was a bitch to get out, my homie cut his finger a few times while he was molesting my engine bay. Type R Shifter w Acuity wasn't bad at all either, we did it in about 1.5 hours and my god was it worth. Shifts feel CRISP, feel CONFIDENT, which makes me feel even more GAY for my car. Was contemplating on the full shifter assembly for a while but after researching a lot it seems like it's not the best for DD. Saved about $250+ with this setup and it was every bit worth.
Honda Civic 10th gen suhhh’s 2020 Civic Si Coupe build 1602172986558
Honda Civic 10th gen suhhh’s 2020 Civic Si Coupe build 1602173071159

10/8/20: eBay Front lip
Wanted to run a more aggressive looking lip so I gave my procivic track style lip to my friend and settled on the 3 piece lip that everyone always runs (painted black). Very hard to get good fitment with this and it's a lot of playing around.
Honda Civic 10th gen suhhh’s 2020 Civic Si Coupe build vorgedside1

Honda Civic 10th gen suhhh’s 2020 Civic Si Coupe build IMG_0820

10/25/20: ABS Dynamics Type R Lip + Plate Delete + Winter Mode
Finally finally finally finally got my hands on an ABS Dynamics Type R lip. Wanted this lip for a long time but I kept waiting too much and eventually they got discontinued. Got this off a local buddy and I'm really happy with it, I'm definitely going to color match it PWP after the winter is over.

Also took my spacers off in prep for the coming winter, since I had 25mm's in the front I want to avoid kicking up salt/debris to the side of my car. Going to see how long I can run my lip during the winter, I daily drive it but if there is heavy snow I can always just WFH. Also thinking of taking all my stickers off for the winter, might just leave it while it lasts and just get a whole new look in the spring.

Removed front plates too for a car meet last week and I really dig the look so it looks like they are staying off!!

1603719410626.png

Last edited:

_1slowsi_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' Si
Country flag
Been meaning to make something like this but I was lazy for the longest time :spaz:

My name is Kenny, I'm 24 and from North NJ but travel in Manhattan/NYC daily for work. This is my 2nd 10th Gen Si, my previous was a 2018 Si coupe in MSM. My dad had a good long time friend at Honda that got me a great deal to switch over to the 2020 so I took it. My previous cars before are a 2014 Prius that I shared with my dad for a couple years (due to financial reasons) and before that my first car was a 2013 9th Gen LX sedan.

Growing up I never really had that much money to spend on modifying cars, my dad and I (single parent) faced a few big financial setbacks in our lives to where it would be really unreasonable to modify a car. I fractured my skull when I was 18 from a longboarding accident and was in the ICU and hospital for about 2 weeks, this occured when the economy was bad and my dad recently lost his job and got a new one so he had no active medical insurance, bills totaled out to $100,000+ but by the grace of God, the 4 doctors I had were understanding of our situation and lowered our medical bills considerably.

Fast forward many years later, both my Dad and I have rebuilt ourselves. I gave up the option of dorming at college and commuted all 4 years, I'd drop my dad off at work early mornings then go straight to class (tried to get all morning classes) and would pick him up after work. My dad got a great job and landed promotions and is now doing well for himself after almost filing bankruptcy. I worked at a restaurant for most of my college career to help with bills and also build up my net worth. Fast forward many years later, both of us are doing well. My dad got a new job and has been there for a bit now, landed promotions and is making good money while I graduated college and thankfully landed my first full time doing Supply Chain work for an importing company. Unfortunately got laid off from that job because of Covid but also thankfully landed an even better job about 4 months ago making better money and having better job security.

I'm telling this story because it's the reason I love this car so much. I've loved cars since I was a kid and my dream since middleschool was to always modify a car and make it my own but I never got the chance to because of financial reasons. My friends all around me started modifying their cars from highschool while I was stuck doing cheap mods like plastidip and a cheap eBay lip. Now as a working adult, I am blessed with the opportunity of creating something that I've been envisioning since a kid.

Cars are inanimate objects, something to get us from point A to B, but my god I am absolutely in love with my car. Every day that I drive in it to work I have a smile because for me, it's a dream come true and I am thankful for the position I am in now. Any time a stranger compliments my car my heart genuinely jumps for joy and I always appreciate the feedback I get.

Now that's my backstory, here is my build. Because of my new job, I daily drive NYC. I face standstill stop and go traffic Mon-Fri (sometimes weekends because girlfriend lives in the city) and also face really shitty roads so my build (somewhat) reflects around that (not rlly heheheh full send).

3/18/20
Took this pic right after I parked her and just stared for a while. I always wanted a white car and was absolutely amazed by all the sparkles and how shiny the car was, I told the salesman, "I don't care how long I have to wait, I want a white coupe or nothing". On the drive home I was huffing like a crackhead just taking in that new car smell smiling the entire time knowing that this was mine.
1602168588901.png

3/20/20
Since I got her during the start/peak of Covid, the roads were practically empty which in my eyes was a blessing. I drove this car like crazy for the next few months since I was WFH (and eventually unemployed). I was literally driving everywhere for absolutely 0 reason, I would go to different photo locations snapping photos like crazy and just cruise to nowhere then hit my navigation and go back home. I broke her in slowly and carefully and didn't start to push on it until i hit 1k, I'm currently at almost 12k miles now 7 months later.
1602168738683.png

3/30/20
Met up with a few of my buddies for my first cruise in the new Si. It was so tempting to just rip on it but I just stuck to the back and cruised slowly. They were all looking at my car saying it's crazy how it looks aggressive and sporty like that from factory, made me all giggly inside hehehehohoho
(Stage 2 GTI, 15 STI, 19 BRZ)
1602168943015.png

4/6/20: Procivic Smoked Sidemarkers
Did my first mod which was procivic smoked sidemarkers. The orange ones were such an eyesore to me and I felt like it was the one thing that really disrupted the flow of the car since the car is primarily black/white. Installed in about 15 minutes no problem and to this day I'm still happy with the choice and haven't had any issues with bulbs going out or wonky fitment. I like the smoked look over a pitch black one and the LED's, just seems cleaner to me.
1602169149461.png

4/13/20: Procivic Track Style Lip
Installed my procivic track style lip on my friends driveway. Didn't have any access to jack stands or equipment but I was so impatient that I hit up my friend to use his incline LOL. I think it's a fantastic subtle looking lip that doesn't scream in your face that it's there but you definitely notice it. I've had some people not even realize that it was an aftermarket lip and they thought that it was OEM. Looking back, I kind of wish I opted for the ABS Dynamics Lip for my first lip purchase but I'm still happy with it.
1602169295511.png

4/14/20: D2 Lowering Springs
I've always loved lowered cars, I just think they look sooooo good. Closing off that gap really makes it look that much better. Took this pic the day after so there was still a lot of settling to do but I was so happy with how it looked and I'm glad I decided to go with the most aggressive drop.
1602169634581.png

5/2/20: NJxGENS
Joined my first car club! Was dming some guy on instagram about some mods and turns out he one of the admins for NJxGENS. Extended me an invite and I joined because he was a real down to earth dude, wasn't pushy to get me to join either. It was super exciting being in my first car group and meeting so many like-minded people, although we were all strangers to eachother we all connected very quickly and I ended up starting some really good relationships from this group. Went on car meets every chance that I could no matter how far and I had an absolute blast everytime.
1602173576888.png

1602169878909.png

5/21/20: BLOX Weighted Shift Knob
Got it for free from a buddy after he switched to Acuity. I tried a few different shift knobs and most recently got an Acuity ESCO knob (10/8), but I always go back to this one. This just feels.... good... It feels confident, it's a good weight, I like the shape as I can grip it well (no homo). Only downside is that this thing gets fucking hot in the summers, I also wish it was a different color like white or black but nonetheless it still looks really cool (and was free! :D)
1602170045151.png

5/24/20: 35% All around tints/DC Sports Strut Bar
Finally got tints! Been wanting to get tints for a while but I held back. Paid $200 for all around minus front windshield and it came with a lifetime warranty. I kind of wish I went a tad bit darker maybe 30% but I went 35% so I could keep it on the safe side here in North Jersey. Cops here generally don't care if you have tints but if you are dark like 5%-15% or have a front windshield tint then they definitely take an interest. 7/10 tint job, few small bubbles but you get what you pay for! Going to go back sometime to get my tints redone and going to see if I can go 5% lighter, just haven't found the time to do so yet. Also got a DC Sports strut bar, didn't take any install pictures but can't really tell a difference at low speeds. Higher speeds and turns I think I could tell a little difference.
1602170230999.png

5/26/20-5-28/20: FKX Catless Downpipe & Garageline 25mm/20mm spacers/SPC Rear Camber Arms/Alignment
Did my first downpipe install with my buddy and my god I wanted to die. Dropped shit in the engine bay a few times so had to take the bumper on/off, didn't have good hardware so had to run to autozone in the rain to pick up spare bolts (terrible idea). All in all it took us about 7-8 hours? I ended up having an exhaust leak for about a month because of the shit hardware I used. My MPG went all the way down to 15-17mpg if I floored it and about 23-24 if I normally cruised. Everyone told me "Naw your foot just got heavier" so I believed it till I found out I had a leak when I got my R exhaust done. Got the downpipe for free from my buddy since he upgraded to PRL and now I realize that I should've probably done the same (explained later). Also got the spacers from him since he upgraded to some Avid's (wow I get everything from him eh?), paid $100 which was a good price since he didn't use them too much. Wasn't sure how I'd feel about spacers but my god I'm in love with them. 25mm in the front and 25mm in the rear with an alignment gave me that perfect aggressive fitment that I wanted. Fills up the wheel well and that wide stance just makes me look like I'm pissed the fuck off and I love it. Also got my SPC rear arms installed and got the car aligned, was running about -1.6 camber in rears in this pic. This pic was also taken on the day I gave back all my WFH equipment to my old job after they got rid of me (fuck them eat my ass!!)
1602170935459.png

7/1/20: Type R OEM Exhaust Retrofit
Was looking around for exhaust systems and did a lot of research, since I'm catless I knew that most aftermarket exhaust systems would be extremely loud. I live in an apartment complex so I didn't want to be too inconsiderate and I also didn't want to be blaring loud in general. My buddy runs the Type R Exhaust on his civic and was catless and I really enjoyed the deep throaty tone of it so I pulled the trigger when I found a local one. Paid $300 and paid my shop $80 to install and relocate the hangars. Job took about 6 hours but I'm really pleased with how it turned out and glad I went with it, I think it looks fantastic on the coupe (even though I generally prefer 2 tip exhausts). My MPG also shot back up after install because this time around proper hardware was used and everything tightened correctly (fixing my exhaust leak)
1602171164173.png

7/19/20: Rear signal vinyl and random stickers
My other buddy had some leftover lamin-x film that he decided to give me so I threw it on and really liked the look. I feel that it makes the rear a lot more aggressive and angry. I also threw on some cheap $10 stickers that I found online. One of them says "Endless Nights" and I was high thinking, "Damn... I love driving at night I relate to this shit so hard wtf" so i bought it. I also got the good luck sticker that night because I'm like "Damn bro I deadass get pulled over too much this gon be my lucky charm" <-- I got pulled over and got a speeding ticket a few weeks later
1602171375224.png

7/30/20: Art of Attack Window Banner
Just thought it looked cool as fuck with white/white. Seen 2 xgens on IG running it and it convinced me. Installed it with my girlfriend in about an hour, not bad for the first time installing a banner! Didn't measure shit and just did our best to eye it and move it around with soap water.
1602171570911.png

7/31/20: Pink Lamin-X Fog Film
A week ago I was talking about pink fogs with one of my friends and told him how I think it'd look cool. There was a flash sale where it was $10 a pop and he ordered me one and surprised me with it. Looks GOOOOOOD. Glad that 2020 came with LED fogs because I don't even have to change the bulb, the light output is so great and dank and gives such a vibrant pink at night. Probably one of my favorite mods.
1602171757020.png

9/1/20: Muffler Delete
Wanted a little more sound so spent $200 on a muffler delete in Queens. Sounded soOooOOoO good fuck, wish I had more time to enjoy the sound before my downpipe blew. Super deep sounding and got some really nice crackles whenever I let off the gas. Perfect enough sound to where it's not obnoxious but not quiet.
1602171952520.png

9/2/20: Uniden R3
Picked up a Uniden R3 radar. Had a passport years ago but the prius got broken into and it got stolen.
Featuring a tinfoil heart made by my girlfriend from foil from a chipotle tortilla
1602172087078.png

9/8/20: Pink holographic flower trees/Banner/Rear Stickers
I have a buddy with his own sticker company, asked for some custom stuff to spice up my window banner. Put these pink holographic ones on to match my fogs and really do love them. Looks dank as shit in the sun, has about 5 different colors that show up depending on the lighting situation. During the day it's primarily pink/holographic/cyan and during the night it's highlighter yellow. Me and a few people in NJxGENS formed our own small collective group since we fucked with eachother a lot so I threw on our new banner. Also got some rear stickers done in the same and ditched the goodluck sticker that brought me bad luck.
1602172280927.png

1602172336819.png
1602172368263.png
1602172660956.png

9/10/20: Blew my FKX Catless Downpipe
Went to meet with my buddies 45 minutes away from home and as soon as I pulled in to see them my exhaust sounded different. Sounded like it was coming from the front and also couldn't hit boost anymore. Did some investigating there and I was shitting bricks thinking I blew my turbo or something but my buddy found that a bolt was missing so I was relieved. Went 40mph the entire way home and had to borrow my friend's cars for two days since I didn't want to push my car's luck. Turns out that it wasn't just the bolt, but my entire fucking weld popped off. The mechanics even looked at me like "bruh". Downpipe was ran for a total of 7-8k miles and was pushed fairly heavy, but regardless a downpipe weld shouldn't just come off like this regardless if it's beaten or not. My friend was really nice and gave me her old oem downpipe to use since she upgraded recently and my old downpipe got stolen. Back to stock and back to a quieter exhaust oh well!! Thankful I wasn't hundreds of miles away from home because then I'd be really fucked.
1602172694672.png
1602172723205.png

10/1/20: PRL Short Ram Intake & Type R OEM Shifter w/ Acuity Stage 2 Shift Kit
It was my birthday September 13th so I got some birthday money, decided to get 2 upgrades I've been wanting. Got the Short Ram for now since I don't really want to worry about hydrolocking, planning on going PRL CAI conversion next car season and want to wait until I get KTuner and another downpipe before I do that. Intake install was easy but the sound deadening at the box was a bitch to get out, my homie cut his finger a few times while he was molesting my engine bay. Type R Shifter w Acuity wasn't bad at all either, we did it in about 1.5 hours and my god was it worth. Shifts feel CRISP, feel CONFIDENT, which makes me feel even more GAY for my car. Was contemplating on the full shifter assembly for a while but after researching a lot it seems like it's not the best for DD. Saved about $250+ with this setup and it was every bit worth.
1602172986558.png
1602173071159.png

10/8/20: eBay Front lip and how she sits now
vorgedside1.jpg
fucking dope bro! this is my first car i actually put money into. no more cheap downpipes lol had a similar issue with the dp lol

OP
OP
suhhh

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2020 Civic Si Coupe Past: 2018 Civic Si Coupe, 2014 Prius, 2013 Civic LX 5spd
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
fucking dope bro! this is my first car i actually put money into. no more cheap downpipes lol had a similar issue with the dp lol
Goodlooks bro!! And hell yeah we on that same wavelength bro ?
QUALITY PARTS ONLY NOW

_1slowsi_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' Si
Country flag
Goodlooks bro!! And hell yeah we on that same wavelength bro ?
QUALITY PARTS ONLY NOW
feels great having money to put into your car. i understood what you were saying about having family issues back in the day. been in a similar situation. makes me value my car a bit more. only if you lived in Los Angeles lol! waiting for my bday to come lol going to purchase a PRL intercooler a little gift to myself :patriot:

OP
OP
suhhh

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
feels great having money to put into your car. i understood what you were saying about having family issues back in the day. been in a similar situation. makes me value my car a bit more. only if you lived in Los Angeles lol! waiting for my bday to come lol going to purchase a PRL intercooler a little gift to myself :patriot:
Agreed 100% bro, really does feel good knowing the work you put in the car and seeing how far it's come.

and facts only if :( you seem cool asf would've linked up asap! Always gotta treat yaself bro I'm boutta get myself car parts every birthday hahah :headbang: :headbang:

whats your ig lemme throw u a follow

_1slowsi_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' Si
Country flag
Agreed 100% bro, really does feel good knowing the work you put in the car and seeing how far it's come.

and facts only if :( you seem cool asf would've linked up asap! Always gotta treat yaself bro I'm boutta get myself car parts every birthday hahah :headbang: :headbang:

whats your ig lemme throw u a follow
fuck yeah bro! i've been so lazy to install my front lowering springs & my rear camber arms :rolleyes: what are you planning to get for ur bday?
just sent you a request on Ig :beer:

OP
OP
suhhh

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
fuck yeah bro! i've been so lazy to install my front lowering springs & my rear camber arms :rolleyes: what are you planning to get for ur bday?
just sent you a request on Ig :beer:
followed back bro!!

i get mad excited when i get parts so i always try to install them asap :spaz: birthday was on sep 13 so I got myself the PRL intake and R shifter with acuity kit. Next birthday I'm hoping to already have wheels/ktuner/downpipe/cai by then so probably intercooler/chargepipes then custom tune after :drive:

_1slowsi_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' Si
Country flag
followed back bro!!

i get mad excited when i get parts so i always try to install them asap :spaz: birthday was on sep 13 so I got myself the PRL intake and R shifter with acuity kit. Next birthday I'm hoping to already have wheels/ktuner/downpipe/cai by then so probably intercooler/chargepipes then custom tune after :drive:
my buddy has been so busy he hasn't had time to help me with my installs lol, last install we did wear the rear lowering springs lol we started late that sunday and we knew the fronts are going to take more than a hour so we said f***k it next time lol.
ktuner was and still my favorite purchase! i remember going to a meet i was pumping gas this dude right next to me had a v6 charger (2017) had a aftermarket exhaust was talking smack and was extremely confident he was going to smoke me lol next thing i know we did a couple of pulls and thats when i loved my car even more! TOOK HIM OUT like nothing.. even my boy in his hellcat was surprised lol! these 1.5 be surprising people!

OP
OP
suhhh

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
my buddy has been so busy he hasn't had time to help me with my installs lol, last install we did wear the rear lowering springs lol we started late that sunday and we knew the fronts are going to take more than a hour so we said f***k it next time lol.
ktuner was and still my favorite purchase! i remember going to a meet i was pumping gas this dude right next to me had a v6 charger (2017) had a aftermarket exhaust was talking smack and was extremely confident he was going to smoke me lol next thing i know we did a couple of pulls and thats when i loved my car even more! TOOK HIM OUT like nothing.. even my boy in his hellcat was surprised lol! these 1.5 be surprising people!
LMAOOO funny story same exact shit happened w my boy when we installed springs on his car. Rears took us a few hours since it was our first time so he drove around half lowered for a week till he got the fronts professionally installed. I roasted his ass for a week straight because he looked like he was on some lowrider shit :spaz:

and yeah man that's why I really love this platform, people underestimate tf outta the 1.5's and a simple tune and e85 blend turns these cars into torque monsters that can walk a lot of cars

_1slowsi_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' Si
Country flag
LMAOOO funny story same exact shit happened w my boy when we installed springs on his car. Rears took us a few hours since it was our first time so he drove around half lowered for a week till he got the fronts professionally installed. I roasted his ass for a week straight because he looked like he was on some lowrider shit :spaz:

and yeah man that's why I really love this platform, people underestimate tf outta the 1.5's and a simple tune and e85 blend turns these cars into torque monsters that can walk a lot of cars
LMAOOOO dude i been driving for like at least 1 month already :bonk:i know i know lol going to take it to a shop i don't mind it but i feel like a ricer HAHA and i do not know when my buddy is going to have a day off

kimtyson

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Blue Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I don't know where to start. What a great thread you started. I read every word and look forward to more.
The relationship you have with your dad, and all the struggles you worked through together is very inspiring.
I see that a lot of what you have done are things I want to do. I'm looking forward to getting the CTR shifter and Acuity stage 2. Seems like you agree with all the research I've seen on it.
How are your D2 springs treating you? Still no issues? I have 20mm spacers and was thinking of going with Eibach Pros (maybe Sportline), Skunk2, or D2 with stock wheels.
I have the Ktuner and the PRL SRI (which I do like) and plan to get the CAI conversion next Spring.
Anyway, thanks for sharing. Keep it up.
Very glad you got through the tough stuff and have the chance to enjoy life and your car.

OP
OP
suhhh

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
LMAOOOO dude i been driving for like at least 1 month already :bonk:i know i know lol going to take it to a shop i don't mind it but i feel like a ricer HAHA and i do not know when my buddy is going to have a day off
tell everyone ur on bags and ur fronts blew out :drool::spaz:

OP
OP
suhhh

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I don't know where to start. What a great thread you started. I read every word and look forward to more.
The relationship you have with your dad, and all the struggles you worked through together is very inspiring.
I see that a lot of what you have done are things I want to do. I'm looking forward to getting the CTR shifter and Acuity stage 2. Seems like you agree with all the research I've seen on it.
How are your D2 springs treating you? Still no issues? I have 20mm spacers and was thinking of going with Eibach Pros (maybe Sportline), Skunk2, or D2 with stock wheels.
I have the Ktuner and the PRL SRI (which I do like) and plan to get the CAI conversion next Spring.
Anyway, thanks for sharing. Keep it up.
Very glad you got through the tough stuff and have the chance to enjoy life and your car.
Thank you very much kim it means a lot :)

CTR Shifter with the acuity stage 2 kit is amazing. I've tried the full assembly for the Si before and it's very crisp and even more precise shifts but I have a feeling that it'd start to get really tiring to shift if you are constantly rowing gears. I'm constantly switching between 1/2/3 in traffic and haven't found myself getting tired or bothered by shifting yet

D2 springs still treating me great I love the hefty drop. If you do decide to go with D2's and spacers you won't have to do any front tab modifications like the older years. I do rub when I hit heavy bumps or potholes but day to day normal driving is perfect and comfortable. I think Eibach's (either) are a great choice if you don't want to go that low, but if you want to go low I would go D2 > Skunk2

And I'm also wanting to go CAI next season as well! It's cooler right now so don't gotta worry bout unbearable heatsoak which is nice, going to get the conversion and ktuner together

Thanks again! I don't get too caught up in negative setbacks, I'm just glad and thankful to be where I am. Learned a lot through the years and taught me grass will always eventually get greener :D

disgraced.fk8

IG: @break_ya_neck_fk7
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So uh......... How much of this was done on your own time? ;) I hope you got paid to write at least like 80% of this lol

OP
OP
suhhh

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So uh......... How much of this was done on your own time? ;) I hope you got paid to write at least like 80% of this lol
YOU ALREADY KNOW I GOT PAID TO WRITE 100% OF THIS HAHAH

finished a big project yesterday morning and had a pretty open day so I decided to spend it wisely ;)
Sponsored