PRL Motorsports 2017+ Honda Civic Type-R FK8 High Volume Intake System

fiend busa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
da eff? people buy these just for making sound woosh woosh swish swish? i got better things to spend my money on. no lower IAT no care.
Pretty much lol.

The lower IAT gains are minimal I believe. From what I read stock airbox is pretty efficient.
Sponsored

Panda-R

First Name
Hiroshi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fk8
Country flag
It's almost like people like different things and will spend their money how they want. PRL says it makes 8-12 HP at peak, and larger throughout mid range, and if custom tuned for it, you can probably get a bit more benefit from it, more than just a woosh swish. If you want the woosh swish, just add their drop in filter if $400 is not for you.
PEOPLE LIKE DIFFERENT THINGS THAN ME? How is that even possible?

Saying it makes 8-12hp and actually making 8-12hp are two different things. If theres a consensus that this makes power and give me some performance gains then maybe I need it.

Again, people like different things than me? They should only want 8-12hp and lower IATs.

ToofHurts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 CW CTR
Country flag
I just pulled the trigger on it. My thoughts ...

1. It does seem to be the best bang for buck intake system ... great price at $400. Really hard to justifying spending $1400 for the "carbon fiber" offerings
2. Hard to find any info that it is worse then stock with IAT readings
3. The sound is unreal (from what people say)
4. Lots of happy people running them (can't really find any complaints)
5. If wanting to add some more "noise" to the car - I would rather do the PRL HVI then an exhaust - which does nothing for performance and costs 3x more. I would bet that the PRL HVI adds more HP then an exhaust. And the PRL doesn't need to be annoying and have a "drone" while driving

I'll report back if I feel the same after I install it.

markq218

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Scion tC, 2019 PMM CTR
Country flag
For those of you with a lot of rain or have had the intake for a while, how have your intakes been holding up? Any waterspots on the intake? Been tempted for months to grab one, but being in FL where it rains almost every day in the summer and oncoming traffic splashing water is the only thing holding me back lol.

Learn2turn

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Toyota Longbed PU, '95 (Drift Toy) Miata, '05 Tuned Gran Prix White S2000, '19 Championship White C-Type R
Country flag
For those of you with a lot of rain or have had the intake for a while, how have your intakes been holding up? Any waterspots on the intake? Been tempted for months to grab one, but being in FL where it rains almost every day in the summer and oncoming traffic splashing water is the only thing holding me back lol.
IT IS NOT SUCEPTIBLE TO RAIN CAUSING ANY ISSUE. Ran it through monsoon season here. What made you think that rain could be a problem?

AdamD19DFK8

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FK8 Type R, 2007 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I mean you can sit there and spray the shit out of the grille/radiator with a hose on full blast and there not be a drop off water on the intake or the whole top of the engine

Centripetal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 RSX Type S, 2017 Civic Type R
Country flag
Nothing to worry about. Here’s mine and I drove through a few snow storms for many hours. These droplets are most likely from condensation.
Honda Civic 10th gen PRL Motorsports 2017+ Honda Civic Type-R FK8 High Volume Intake System 44D07275-CC3F-4F2D-B7CC-1833EFC7CA08

haltamer

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 (UK / RHD!)
Country flag
For those of you with a lot of rain or have had the intake for a while, how have your intakes been holding up? Any waterspots on the intake?
The intake "feed" is in the same place as the factory intake; as others say - even if you pressure wash directly at the intake area, there won't be any droplets inside.

If you do want to be doubly safe, I don't see why you couldn't add a CAI Rain sock to the filter at the expense of some airflow.

gxl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R PMM
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Well, I just got mine installed and I can't stop stepping on it for the spooling sound :love:
Fitment is pretty good, I managed to get it on with no gap, just takes a little bit of finesse. Tighten everything as the last step.
If anything, I had the most trouble with dropping a damn bolt in the engine bay and taking off one of the evaporator hose/tube thingy because it was so damn tight. Love it. :drive: Also, dunno if it's the butt dyno effect, but it does feel more responsive.

tde1205

First Name
Tulio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 TypeR
Country flag
Alright, i dont wanna be that guy but... i came here to complain on my PRL HVI thats been on back order since 07/15/2021. its been 2 months & my ship date keeps getting delayed. this is the only bolt on im waiting for to add all my others. sorry guys, i wanna be swooshing also :(

ehCobra

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP Civic Type-R
Country flag
Alright, i dont wanna be that guy but... i came here to complain on my PRL HVI thats been on back order since 07/15/2021. its been 2 months & my ship date keeps getting delayed. this is the only bolt on im waiting for to add all my others. sorry guys, i wanna be swooshing also :(
That's frustrating, but the swoosh and the pshh are worth the wait.

rallyered225

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type-R
Country flag
I feel you. I ordered the turbo inlet and race MAF conversion and they're not expected until November.

Centripetal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 RSX Type S, 2017 Civic Type R
Country flag
It is really frustrating to wait. If it meets or exceeded my expectations, I’m willing to wait.

The industry is really suffering from supply problems. I’m not affiliated with PRL or know what their specific issues are but I completely sympathize with what they are going through.

I highly doubt PRL wants to make any customers to wait. They are doing what they can. I’m sure they whoosh the situation was better.
Sponsored