Aust1n113

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 honda civic sport
Country flag
Went to the Honda dealership for a oil change, 2 days later my skidplate comes off at over 85 miles per hour. Yall know of a good skid plate for a decent price???
Sponsored

julianzh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-t, 2019 GTI Autobahn DSG
Country flag
Buy the type R plate or buy those ebay/Alibaba hard plastic one.

OP
OP
Aust1n113

Aust1n113

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 honda civic sport
Country flag
Any reason on why you aren't contacting the dealership that did your oil change? Seems like they didn't put it back properly.
I told them. They took for of the plastic screws out of it. And I contacted them and they said u have no proof.

First Name
Andrea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Blue 4Dr
Country flag
What?... I would report this to Honda USA, if what you are saying is truthful and if you have a receipt from them that is enough proof. They might be able to do something.

OP
OP
Aust1n113

Aust1n113

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 honda civic sport
Country flag
What?... I would report this to Honda USA, if what you are saying is truthful and if you have a receipt from them that is enough proof. They might be able to do something.
I appreciate it.

wuaname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Si sedan
Country flag
Any reason on why you aren't contacting the dealership that did your oil change? Seems like they didn't put it back properly.
I don’t think the question is relevant to his situation. There comes a point that one’s time becomes more valuable than to spend it changing your oil; been there, done that. And doesn’t make you less of an enthusiast.

wuaname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Si sedan
Country flag
I had to replace mine last year. I think it was about $400. Only because they don’t sell just the aluminum piece alone. It comes with the black plastic pieces that go back.

OP
OP
Aust1n113

Aust1n113

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 honda civic sport
Country flag
I had to replace mine last year. I think it was about $400. Only because they don’t sell just the aluminum piece alone. It comes with the black plastic pieces that go back.
Now this is my question. I have a friend who works there she said I would have to buy the extra plastic piece but I have a whole after market exhaust kit that doesn't fit with it. So I dunno if its worth it spending the money on it. I found a good skid plate on ebay but haven't bought yet. But its 300$ has more air holes for it to breath better etc..

OP
OP
Aust1n113

Aust1n113

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 honda civic sport
Country flag
Now this is my question. I have a friend who works there she said I would have to buy the extra plastic piece but I have a whole after market exhaust kit that doesn't fit with it. So I dunno if its worth it spending the money on it. I found a good skid plate on ebay but haven't bought yet. But its 300$ has more air holes for it to breath better etc..
Honda Civic 10th gen Skid Plate? Screenshot_20201006-125022_eBay
Honda Civic 10th gen Skid Plate? Screenshot_20201006-125022_eBay

wuaname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Si sedan
Country flag
Some people are saying the R skid plate works, so check that out. Damn $300 for just that freakin piece, but cheaper.
More holes? I wouldn’t want that down below; just more dirt and dust etc getting into the engine compartment.