Window trim misaligned? (Photos inside)

CivicLX2016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic
Vehicle Showcase
I'm ready to order some chrome window trim to go over the stock black trim, but it just looks like the trim isn't very plum.

See pics - is this normal or is this defect/shoddy installation by Honda? (and yes, I really, really need to wash my car)...

Honda Civic 10th gen Window trim misaligned? (Photos inside) ima

OP
OP
CivicLX2016

CivicLX2016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic
Vehicle Showcase
lol, are your doors aligned?
Haha, a question answered by a question...I'll take a look, but I've never noticed an issue with the doors.

Is your window trim perfectly straight and plum?

inv4zn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Country flag
Haha, a question answered by a question...I'll take a look, but I've never noticed an issue with the doors.

Is your window trim perfectly straight and plum?
Mine weren't, because my door was misaligned - hence my question.

Dealer's bodyshop realigned door, and now the trim is plumb indeed.

OP
OP
CivicLX2016

CivicLX2016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic
Vehicle Showcase
Mine weren't, because my door was misaligned - hence my question.

Dealer's bodyshop realigned door, and now the trim is plumb indeed.
Interesting. I'll take a good look tonight.

Was it a subtle misalignment? I just don't ever noticing any issues with the doors - just the trim as of late. My concern is that I'm not going to be able to see the issue without looking at another civic.

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If you look at the majority of cars under like $30-$35k, most of them have slightly misaligned doors if you look closely enough. Its just a tolerance within the factory of a mass-produced car; however there have been pics here that seem just a tad too big of a gap/misalignment.

...don't even get me started on that trunk gap...

OP
OP
CivicLX2016

CivicLX2016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic
Vehicle Showcase
If you look at the majority of cars under like $30-$35k, most of them have slightly misaligned doors if you look closely enough. Its just a tolerance within the factory of a mass-produced car; however there have been pics here that seem just a tad too big of a gap/misalignment.

...don't even get me started on that trunk gap...

Based on the pics I uploaded, do you see an issue with doors?

Ghostinnc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 black pearl Civic EX-T coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm ready to order some chrome window trim to go over the stock black trim, but it just looks like the trim isn't very plum.

See pics - is this normal or is this defect/shoddy installation by Honda? (and yes, I really, really need to wash my car)...

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg
Honda Civic 10th gen Window trim misaligned? (Photos inside) 20160818_124300

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Based on the pics I uploaded, do you see an issue with doors?
It looks like that one piece of trim is smaller than the other. If you're intent on having the dealer fix it, have them replace the trim before seeing if the doors need to be adjusted. Or at least see what they "advise".

OP
OP
CivicLX2016

CivicLX2016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic
Vehicle Showcase
It looks like that one piece of trim is smaller than the other. If you're intent on having the dealer fix it, have them replace the trim before seeing if the doors need to be adjusted. Or at least see what they "advise".
It's pulling teeth whenever I ask my dealer anything...do they HAVE to help me at no cost of mine?

Warranty doesn't cover this, right?

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It's pulling teeth whenever I ask my dealer anything...do they HAVE to help me at no cost of mine?

Warranty doesn't cover this, right?
It sure would. Bumper-to-bumper for 36k/3 years covers everything. The bigger "if" is if the dealer thinks its enough out of spec to adjust it.

I'm in the same boat, so I understand - don't like going to the dealer for anything if I don't have to.

OP
OP
CivicLX2016

CivicLX2016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic
Vehicle Showcase
Should I contact my dealer first or just go straight to the service department?

greyclocked

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic LX
Country flag
Should I contact my dealer first or just go straight to the service department?
I have gone through this identical situation with my dealer. My doors were perfectly aligned at every location but the window trim was obviously much higher on the passenger doors. The dealer just had a guy put a cloth wrapped wooden block and push down until the trim was even. He said that there are some plastic pins that did not get installed properly/all the way at the factory... all he did was push them in a few MM as they should have been. The fix took all of 5 minutes and now the trim looks identical. It is weird how it plays with your eyes but they are probably the same size and all that, just not pushed in all the way. Let the dealership take care of it though as the guy said if the pins were not properly inserted that it could break one off doing what he did and they would just have to order a new part.

OP
OP
CivicLX2016

CivicLX2016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic
Vehicle Showcase
I have gone through this identical situation with my dealer. My doors were perfectly aligned at every location but the window trim was obviously much higher on the passenger doors. The dealer just had a guy put a cloth wrapped wooden block and push down until the trim was even. He said that there are some plastic pins that did not get installed properly/all the way at the factory... all he did was push them in a few MM as they should have been. The fix took all of 5 minutes and now the trim looks identical. It is weird how it plays with your eyes but they are probably the same size and all that, just not pushed in all the way. Let the dealership take care of it though as the guy said if the pins were not properly inserted that it could break one off doing what he did and they would just have to order a new part.

Thanks dude!
Sponsored