steering wheel

23Red

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 FK8, '06 AP2
Country flag
There is also Handcraftd on EBay that makes CivicX wheels. I know members in here have been able to get by offering as low as 200 dollars (full leather) or 250 (hydrocarbon).
I saw those. They seem to be out of stock right now so I'm holding out until the hopefully restock.
Sponsored

Ouhei

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CW CTR
Country flag
SWEIDIT can do a wheel in either leather or Alcantara (or any combo of those) in whatever colors you may want. He does a OEM pattern and a v2 pattern that's thicker. Pricing is $380 with a core exchange and the quality is top notch.

JohnEBlaze

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜18 CW Type R
Country flag
I prefer the leather as well. As much as I love alcantera it looks bad after minimal use because body oils. However, it's easy to clean with water, dish soap, and a micro fiber towel. There's also specialized products by Chemical Guys or Adam's Polish's.

Mature Banana

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
Is there any way of knowing if last years leather steering wheel could work with this years 2020 alcantara version, the alcantara in the covid19 era seems a poor choice for holding germs, just an idea. Would gladly replace if it was plug and play, apparently air bags are the same
Thereā€™s currently a partout listing in member classifieds. Car was in a bad accident but seems like the steering wheel might be okay. Would also be a little help to the unfortunate person involved. Link below:

https://www.civicx.com/forum/threads/2017-civic-type-r-partout.49121/

evolute

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic type R
Country flag

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
Steering wheel is already gone, checked before I ordered new.
If you want an OEM wheel, just order one from a dealership. Honestly is cheaper than any of the 3rd party alternatives. Honda is still shipping them around, so you should be safe from that perspective. It won't be super cheap though, maybe around 150 (cheaper or more expensive depending on where you look).

evolute

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic type R
Country flag
If you want an OEM wheel, just order one from a dealership. Honestly is cheaper than any of the 3rd party alternatives. Honda is still shipping them around, so you should be safe from that perspective. It won't be super cheap though, maybe around 150 (cheaper or more expensive depending on where you look).
I got one yesterday for $126. Iā€™m just buying a replacement for a rainy day anyways, I personally really like the oem wheel.

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
I got one yesterday for $126. Iā€™m just buying a replacement for a rainy day anyways, I personally really like the oem wheel.
Ah, a lot of people don't like the OEM wheel. I personally aren't a fan of the quality of leather Honda uses on the wheel. What kinds of things turn you away from your wheel? What kinds of things do you like about it?

One thing to note about the BuddyClub, Handcraftd, etc. is that they are very heavy compared to stock. The wheels are upwards of 5 lbs vs 2.5 lbs stock. They are also a lot beefier. Personally the beefier size doesn't bother me, but the additional 2.5 lbs of weight changes the steering feel quite a bit.

TheGreekFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BB CTR, '23 SO 4Runner TRD Pro
Country flag
Anyone have a part number for the 2020/21 steering wheel controls/trim?

This would be to place on a replacement steering wheel so the swap is easier (don't have to pry OEM ones off).

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
Thanks man.

Do you know if you can buy everything in one piece, already connected to the trim piece? Or is it literally buying every little part + the trim piece and putting it together?
You have to buy each part. so the steering wheel, the steering wheel back, two trim pieces that go around the buttons and lower portion of the wheel, the controls, and 5 screws. It takes like 5-10 minutes to assemble the wheel as a whole; it takes probably 15-30 minutes to get the wheel apart. I'm probably overestimating the times to be honest. Make sure you have a trim removal tool if you're planning on not getting all the parts.

TheGreekFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BB CTR, '23 SO 4Runner TRD Pro
Country flag
You have to buy each part. so the steering wheel, the steering wheel back, two trim pieces that go around the buttons and lower portion of the wheel, the controls, and 5 screws. It takes like 5-10 minutes to assemble the wheel as a whole; it takes probably 15-30 minutes to get the wheel apart. I'm probably overestimating the times to be honest. Make sure you have a trim removal tool if you're planning on not getting all the parts.
Thanks!

Ya, only reason I'm looking into just getting the spare controls is cuz I've done the swap on my GTI wheel. It was a pain getting it off the first time, trim is extremely tight on the wheel. Swapping it back on after I sold the wheel wasn't as bad, but if feels like the trim is about to snap at any moment when prying with the trim tools.

Just easier to have a spare wheel ready to throw on. Don't feel like damaging anything on the OEM wheel.

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
Thanks!

Ya, only reason I'm looking into just getting the spare controls is cuz I've done the swap on my GTI wheel. It was a pain getting it off the first time, trim is extremely tight on the wheel. Swapping it back on after I sold the wheel wasn't as bad, but if feels like the trim is about to snap at any moment when prying with the trim tools.

Just easier to have a spare wheel ready to throw on. Don't feel like damaging anything on the OEM wheel.
I understand. Getting the trim off is probably the most frustrating portion of the swap.
Sponsored