Official: 2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Arrives This Fall w/ 1.5-Liter Turbo, 6-Speed MT, Apple Carplay

AzulKari

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Honda Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
I like the hatch looks, I might trade my 8th gen Si coupe for the hatchback Sport. Finally showing some nice wheels, exhaust, and 6mt is making it look like a nice jump. It'll probably be a lot more comfortable and easier to commute in than mine. The sport touring is probably going to be pushing too much for me because that is right under 30k sporty compact car territory and at that point I'd look at WRX's and Focus STs.
Sponsored

Rawnerve1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 crv
Country flag
I like the hatch looks, I might trade my 8th gen Si coupe for the hatchback Sport. Finally showing some nice wheels, exhaust, and 6mt is making it look like a nice jump. It'll probably be a lot more comfortable and easier to commute in than mine. The sport touring is probably going to be pushing too much for me because that is right under 30k sporty compact car territory and at that point I'd look at WRX's and Focus STs.
If I had to bet I would say the sport touring will coming in about 28335 to 29k. But after a few months you will be able to get it for 25ish. I dont think you will ever get a WRX for that cheap..

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
We need some fresh renders- TypeR in blue please!

Rawnerve1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 crv
Country flag
They should make a sport SE that does not have HS but everything eles in a 6MT.

mkimmey1

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T 6MT Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone know if they will offer Energy Green on this or the sedan for the 2017MY?

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
I think the Si will get unique wheels...they haven't shared them before have they?
No but the 13+ non-Si had the same where's as 09-11 si just painted black between spokes.

bobindy

Bobindy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Civic Si 4 door
Country flag
I'm pretty conflicted now about the Type R. I'm just not a fan of this design...especially the side profile.
I agree. It just looks cobbled together, bulges here, creases there and those "Honeycomb Inserts", blah.

bobindy

Bobindy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Civic Si 4 door
Country flag
What don't you guys like about it? I'm not crazy about the long slope of the hatch
Fake vents look silly. They remind me of those garish bumper guards used in NYC. I could live with the rest of the strange body but fake vents kill it for me. If these vents are fake on the TYPE R I'm not interested. In the spy shots they're covered up with the camo wrap. I'm concluding that means they are not functional.

Honda Civic 10th gen Official: 2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Arrives This Fall w/ 1.5-Liter Turbo, 6-Speed MT, Apple Carplay typeRcamorear

skittles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Hatchback Sport and 2013 370Z sport
Vehicle Showcase
TypeR probably won't have moonroof-!
No true sports car should..unless have a convertible option..would be weird on that car anyway..I actually wish coupe didnt have one..I'd rather have just the regular roof really

Civic_Honey627

Can't hide from the cops in this one!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L Coupe Energy Green!!!
Country flag
I agree that the colors of the hatch really change the look and feel of the car. I like the grey shown here.

I really like the full width tail light on the coupe too. I have an 8th gen coupe right now but I'm so sick of only having 2 doors haha. Im a sucker for a good coupe though.
I love the 8th gen coupe :love:, I traded mine for the 10th gen coupe. :eek:
Every time I see an 8th gen, I say to myself, "awwwwww my car." Lol I miss it.

Deleted member 2567

Am I the only one not feeling the Hatch? I do not have a 16' civic yet so this is my honest opinion. Im not biased in any way. Maybe It just too young for me. Im 40 years old and dont think I could pull up to my kids school in the hatch...
It would be interesting to see the ages of people who say they like or dislike the hatch. I feel like Honda designed this with a specific group in mind.
Sponsored