Building a Better Civic (2019 FK7 Sport Hatchback)

OP
OP
Feddy_Ace

Feddy_Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport CVT
Country flag
Got my DC Sports strut bar yesterday thanks to Kenji Garage. Be sure to hit him up because his prices are unbeatable in SoCal.

Did my install this morning and it didn’t take much time. The fit is super tight though, so my rubber mallet was needed to get it in. Looks beautiful in the engine bay.

Honda Civic 10th gen Building a Better Civic (2019 FK7 Sport Hatchback) 87F0CF36-0698-41DB-B673-7AC2C2750E18

I decided to give it a true test and took my car out to the 330 towards Big Bear Lake, CA. Twisty doesn’t even begin to describe these roads, so any handling improvements would be obvious from the start. Any failure would also mean my death lol. My car felt phenomenal, absolutely “on rails” handling, which is exactly what I was going for. I had the biggest smile on my face.

Honda Civic 10th gen Building a Better Civic (2019 FK7 Sport Hatchback) DBDF33B5-C98D-4E4B-97DE-949B2F8AB7D8

For now, I’m very happy with my chassis set up. Even coming downhill it was great. Shockingly the stock brakes with +20k miles of wear did fantastic too. I fully expected some fade, but nope.

Next up I’ll be tackling the resonator swap. I’m trying to find something to remove the drone and enhance the deep tone of my car without sounding like a fart can.

OP
OP
Feddy_Ace

Feddy_Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Finally got a new resonator/muffler installed yesterday. I went with a TotalFlow muffler I picked up on Amazon hoping it would cut down the drone of the exhaust.
Honda Civic 10th gen Building a Better Civic (2019 FK7 Sport Hatchback) 35CE5BFA-876F-4D7B-9CB2-CD9AAC67395E

While it reduced the drone overall (especially at the 1500-2000 rpm range) the exhaust has become louder in the cabin under acceleration and causes some annoying rattling. I can’t be mad because the part was literally free and the work at my local shop was so damn cheap it might as well been free. I get some nice burbles and pops here and there, but overall I think I prefer a more refined sound. I just don’t think the stock exhaust is up to snuff once you start modifying the engine. I haven’t even done much and it just shakes the whole car. I’ll roll with this set up for now, but a new catback will be in the cards down the road.

OP
OP
Feddy_Ace

Feddy_Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Finally got a new resonator/muffler installed yesterday. I went with a TotalFlow muffler I picked up on Amazon hoping it would cut down the drone of the exhaust.
35CE5BFA-876F-4D7B-9CB2-CD9AAC67395E.jpeg

While it reduced the drone overall (especially at the 1500-2000 rpm range) the exhaust has become louder in the cabin under acceleration and causes some annoying rattling. I can’t be mad because the part was literally free and the work at my local shop was so damn cheap it might as well been free. I get some nice burbles and pops here and there, but overall I think I prefer a more refined sound. I just don’t think the stock exhaust is up to snuff once you start modifying the engine. I haven’t even done much and it just shakes the whole car. I’ll roll with this set up for now, but a new catback will be in the cards down the road.
UPDATE: After driving around today I was weirded out that the exhaust sound has changed. It now doesn’t drone at all unless I’m just on the throttle hard at about 4000 rpm. Also turns out some of the vibrations were just from tools that got loose in my spare tire space. So the install did exactly what I was going for. Pretty stoked I spent maybe $60 total on this project and got my desired results.

r_35800

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 CTR
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
UPDATE: After driving around today I was weirded out that the exhaust sound has changed. It now doesn’t drone at all unless I’m just on the throttle hard at about 4000 rpm. Also turns out some of the vibrations were just from tools that got loose in my spare tire space. So the install did exactly what I was going for. Pretty stoked I spent maybe $60 total on this project and got my desired results.
Super clean!

OP
OP
Feddy_Ace

Feddy_Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
More new updates. Since everything I wanted to do for my interior is on backorder, I turned my attention back back to exterior and performance mods. I’ve had the ABS Dynamics roof fins for awhile, but had some issues painting them myself since I was a total n00b to the process. I finally got them to color match close enough and didn’t screw up the clear coat like the last two times. I installed them to delete the roof spoiler. I was initially undecided on these, but it came out looking pretty good.

Honda Civic 10th gen Building a Better Civic (2019 FK7 Sport Hatchback) 66D81FF1-BC07-4AB7-A3B9-28DE3253F5E6

Honda Civic 10th gen Building a Better Civic (2019 FK7 Sport Hatchback) FD158035-2BF6-4912-8BBB-2F10597E5A8D

JDMsway1994!

First Name
Josue
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback Ex
Country flag
More new updates. Since everything I wanted to do for my interior is on backorder, I turned my attention back back to exterior and performance mods. I’ve had the ABS Dynamics roof fins for awhile, but had some issues painting them myself since I was a total n00b to the process. I finally got them to color match close enough and didn’t screw up the clear coat like the last two times. I installed them to delete the roof spoiler. I was initially undecided on these, but it came out looking pretty good.

66D81FF1-BC07-4AB7-A3B9-28DE3253F5E6.jpeg

FD158035-2BF6-4912-8BBB-2F10597E5A8D.jpeg
Where you get those black emblems ?

OP
OP
Feddy_Ace

Feddy_Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Another quick update. This week I got some new rubber to replace my stock Continentals. Those things didn’t even last 25k miles. Seems like those things are hit or miss in terms of longevity. When selecting new tires there was just a ton of options to consider. I wanted was more grip without sacrificing the handling of my current set, but still had decent treadwear and wouldn’t break the bank. Of all the options the I looked into the Nitto NT555 G2 seemed to check all the boxes. It’s a UHP tire with 440 treadwear and AA traction. From what I heard it could handle the duty of an all season and summer tire in one package. They were pretty affordable too, so I decided to roll with them. I stuck to the stock tire size of 235/40r18.

Honda Civic 10th gen Building a Better Civic (2019 FK7 Sport Hatchback) 8858B7C7-E6E1-4E2F-BC67-7B25F0BA6EF9

Appearance wise the sidewall is decently tall to give a meatier, more aggressive stance over the stock tires. Ride quality is great. Feels very similar to stock, but the grip is improved. Cornering feels great too. I noticed a lot of people run these on their WRXs and I see why. It’s a great all around tire. Since I live in the desert I probably won’t get to test wet traction for a long time, but I doubt they’ll struggle.

Now I’m starting to turn my attention towards the interior. I’ve purchased the 2020 vinyl/cloth combo seat covers to swap. I’m also looking to do some suede/alcantara for the center console and door cards. Since my head unit crapped out on my, I guess I’ll be replacing that too.

jaybuckets

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yup. I’m using the Ikon lip. I already have the CTR subframe brace installed.
noticed you said you're running an Ikon lip. I'm curious as to what version it is cause I've never seen them make a CTR style lip, mainly super flat and long ones. I have a V2 on my car right now and I wanna upgrade lol.

yansag1982

First Name
Yanick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Coupe Sport 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

66D81FF1-BC07-4AB7-A3B9-28DE3253F5E6.jpeg

FD158035-2BF6-4912-8BBB-2F10597E5A8D.jpeg
i absolutely LOVE this color if only the coupe was offered in this color i would have picked it for sure.

OP
OP
Feddy_Ace

Feddy_Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
noticed you said you're running an Ikon lip. I'm curious as to what version it is cause I've never seen them make a CTR style lip, mainly super flat and long ones. I have a V2 on my car right now and I wanna upgrade lol.
This CTR style was around for awhile, then it pretty much disappeared from the internet. I think the manufacturer in China stopped producing them and inventory dried up. I think SoCal Accessories in Montclair, CA might be the last place that has a few left. It’s not a perfect piece, but for $100 and some paint I can’t complain at all. I scrape way too much to spend really money on a lip.

circuit.heart

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Sport (Si converted), '94 525i x2
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I’m interested if I can’t get this damn thing to work. I’m going to try an disconnect the battery tomorrow and see if that helps.
PM me if a reset doesn't fix it, I just want to get mine out of the house. ?
Sponsored