San_gabriel

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic x SI coupe
Country flag
Saw this thing on Ali express ( yes I know, basically wish) wondering if anyone has bought it or what they think. I was waiting for the 27won to be in stock again but this looks like a good oem upgrade for the price.

Honda Civic 10th gen Turbo inlet pipe. B619E41A-3E04-4928-A05E-47F772C2B57F
Sponsored

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
27won is available to order. Ships at end of October :cool:

Sport-injected

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si, 2006 Saab 9-3 Aero
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Someone needs to order that work of art and test it!

ATM

First Name
ATM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
what's the benefit of the inlet pipe? is it larger?

Feddy_Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport CVT
Country flag
I was considering trying this out because I don’t mind being a test mule for cheap shit, but it really doesn’t look like much of an improvement over stock. Plus any defects will immediately make it a serious driving problem upon failure. Doesn’t seem worth the price or labor when you can get the 27Won for just $100 more.

CanadiaegeanBlue

First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Sedan - Aegean Blue Metallic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just...Don't... ?‍♂

OP
OP
San_gabriel

San_gabriel

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic x SI coupe
Country flag
I was considering trying this out because I don’t mind being a test mule for cheap shit, but it really doesn’t look like much of an improvement over stock. Plus any defects will immediately make it a serious driving problem upon failure. Doesn’t seem worth the price or labor when you can get the 27Won for just $100 more.
The 27won pipe is 350, and the cheaper one seems to be well constructed from the picture. Dont have much to lose since it improves airflow and looks better. Don’t see how it would fail being that the stock one is pretty much 2 molded plastic halves fused together. No moving parts. Doesn’t hold any boost. I plant on heat wrapping the 27 won since metal heat soaks more than plastic.

Feddy_Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport CVT
Country flag
The 27won pipe is 350, and the cheaper one seems to be well constructed from the picture. Dont have much to lose since it improves airflow and looks better. Don’t see how it would fail being that the stock one is pretty much 2 molded plastic halves fused together. No moving parts. Doesn’t hold any boost. I plant on heat wrapping the 27 won since metal heat soaks more than plastic.
My concern would be A.) this looks like an original design (so kudos to China on innovating rather than stealing) and untested. If something is wrong with the design, I’d be the first to find out. B.) The pipe looks flimsy and would still get heat soaked to oblivion, maybe worse than the stock one already does. I’m running a Chinese brand intake and while it does work, the heat soaking is still an issue. C.) If the inlet/outlet diameters are off, the O-rings might not seal properly. That might cause issues. D.) My job is product development and buying from China. I know very well how tight QC has to be. When you buy direct as a consumer, you buy without someone like me holding the manufacturer to strict standards. The probability for design flaws are just to high for me to risk my money.

I thought it was $100 to ship, but looks like $150 total, which is pretty cheap, but I’d still rather spend another $200 and have the piece of mind with a higher quality pipe. I’m more comfortable with the off brand intakes and intercoolers because those are less complex and easy fixes should you need to go back to stock.
Sponsored