Official: 2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Arrives This Fall w/ 1.5-Liter Turbo, 6-Speed MT, Apple Carplay

Deleted member 2567

The funny thing is that it isn't even that long, the hatch is closer to the coupe size than the sedan, it's just the trick of the styling that makes it look so long, but yea, if the back end was flat like on the fit it would come off as a wagon... i think if they had just made the back window a bit smaller, like the mazda3 hatch people would be more satisfied with the styling. That said, i could definitely live with it. I think in certain colors the hatch does have a nice look, i just can't give up the coupe and its sloping profile and its full width tail light.
I agree that the colors of the hatch really change the look and feel of the car. I like the grey shown here.

I really like the full width tail light on the coupe too. I have an 8th gen coupe right now but I'm so sick of only having 2 doors haha. Im a sucker for a good coupe though.
Sponsored

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Civic Sedan LX, 17 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I agree that the colors of the hatch really change the look and feel of the car. I like the grey shown here.

I really like the full width tail light on the coupe too. I have an 8th gen coupe right now but I'm so sick of only having 2 doors haha. Im a sucker for a good coupe though.
The new coupes back seat is bigger than ever before

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
What are the odds that the EX trim (assuming it is comparable to the EX-T Sedan) is going to have an annoying moon roof as well? That's what keeps me from buying an EX-T outright as I have almost no headroom left, and the LX trim just isn't appealing to me at all...
TypeR probably won't have moonroof-!

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The new coupes back seat is bigger than ever before
Definitely bigger. I have a 9th gen and test driving/sitting in the 10th gen it's easy to see that there is way more back seat space. For the rare times i do have to have someone sit in the back, at least they've got a little more room to move around and get comfortable.

the1dynasty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R (FK8), 2007 Civic Si (FG2)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

DavidJBrooks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Honda Accord Sedan 6-6, 2008 Honda Pilot
Country flag

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It'll be interesting to see this in different colors. i think the darker colors would work best with this design.
I think a hatch in white would look very nice as well:

Honda Civic 10th gen Official: 2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Arrives This Fall w/ 1.5-Liter Turbo, 6-Speed MT, Apple Carplay zEfRKyGl

hoodlum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saturn Astra
Country flag
I just noticed from the press releases that the LX and Sport trims in Canada gets the upgraded display with CarPlay and Android Auto. In the US the EX is the lowest trim with this feature.

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
Has anyone considered the wheels shown might just be the HFP wheels and not the standard wheel for the Sport/Touring?
That's a good point. I really don't see them putting 18" standard on a Civic that isn't an Si...but it's a crazy world we're in now-

optikalillusi0n

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I just noticed from the press releases that the LX and Sport trims in Canada gets the upgraded display with CarPlay and Android Auto. In the US the EX is the lowest trim with this feature.
what press release? could you link it possibly? thanks!

Never mind! Not enough sleep, just read the first page, lol

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That's a good point. I really don't see them putting 18" standard on a Civic that isn't an Si...but it's a crazy world we're in now-
Well, if there isn't going to be a hatch Si, then they just might give it certain upgrades reserved for the Si coupe/sedan on the Sport model which seems to be marketed as the stand in for the Si hatch
Sponsored