Official: 2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Arrives This Fall w/ 1.5-Liter Turbo, 6-Speed MT, Apple Carplay

the1dynasty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R (FK8), 2007 Civic Si (FG2)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
For those wondering about the HP difference. I'm not exactly sure where they got it from but my best guess would be the exhaust. The current Accord vs Accord Sport only has that difference but the Sport is rated at 4hp higher output than the standard 2.4L.

I also agree that the Sport Touring might not be able to support the Honda Sensing package which is why they omitted it from the lineup. But they also didn't mention the 6MT coming in the EX-L which is a letdown since that's exactly how the Accord is as well. Honda packages (trims) still doesn't make sense to me and I sell Honda's lol. And if the Accord is any indication of which CHB will get the 6MT, they might be limited to specific colours too. Another flaw in Honda's packaging. My guesses below:

LX - CVT/6MT
Sport - CVT/6MT
EX - CVT/6MT (6MT limited to black/white/silver/gray)
EX-L - CVT
ST - CVT
Sponsored

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm kind of surprised people are surprised at how the new civic hatch looks (in terms of having the sloping rear glass). If you look at the 8th and 9th gen civic hatches from Europe they all have the same sloping rear glass. So the design really isn't that much of a shock/departure from what they've been doing the last 9 years. Despite the rear slope honda is claiming best in class cargo either way, so they mustve worked their magic and utilized every extra inch they could.

As i look at it, though i'm not in any need for a 5 door hatch, the only thing that would get me to choose one over my EXT coupe would be if the Sport trim comes with similar features to the EX (but have a feeling it'll be closer to the LX in features) and would be cheaper than an EXT coupe (again, somewhat doubtful given the price premium of the hatch over the coupe/sedan).

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Sport model with a 6 Speed will probably be my next car but I'm a little disappointed it looks like it will have the LX infotainment setup. Too bad there's no EX Sport.

Deleted member 2567

I'm kind of surprised people are surprised at how the new civic hatch looks (in terms of having the sloping rear glass). If you look at the 8th and 9th gen civic hatches from Europe they all have the same sloping rear glass. So the design really isn't that much of a shock/departure from what they've been doing the last 9 years. Despite the rear slope honda is claiming best in class cargo either way, so they mustve worked their magic and utilized every extra inch they could.

As i look at it, though i'm not in any need for a 5 door hatch, the only thing that would get me to choose one over my EXT coupe would be if the Sport trim comes with similar features to the EX (but have a feeling it'll be closer to the LX in features) and would be cheaper than an EXT coupe (again, somewhat doubtful given the price premium of the hatch over the coupe/sedan).

I'm not crazy about the hatch but I think I could live with it. If they made the hatch more straight down then it would look like a station wagon since the car is so long.

thaseint

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 VW GTI SE
Country flag
I'm loving it, just a shame that it likely won't come in a Si trim. :(

Here's the hoping the CTR is reasonably priced...

PeepDuck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Aegean Blue EX-T Sedan
Country flag
The bumper/exhaust for the hatchback looks so sick though. I wonder if we're able to swap it onto the sedan models

///Mookster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
Looks damn good to me. No idea what some people are seeing or how you can like the way the coupe/sedan looks but dislike the hatch so much.

Deleted member 2567

Murica: Honda why u no give us civic hatchback?????

Honda: Ok here. Here is a civic hatchback.

Murica: Baaaaaah it’s ugly, me no like Honda hatchback. Me no buy.

Honda: For fucks sake. Fine no more hatchback for you.

Murica: Honda why u no give us civic hatchback?????

Rinse and repeat

I think what most people mean when they say, "Give us a Civic hatch," is more along the lines of, "Give us a new, but exactly the same E[F,G,K,P] hatch, but with modern amenities."

-- saw this posted on another site and it's so true.

elusiveaura

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CW CTR - 2020 Acura RDX A-Spec
Country flag
Ok. Maybe I'm confused but I definitely want the 6speed. The sport touring has the full led headlights and the sport doesn't right? 8 basically wanna know can I get a 6 speed with leather interior and the full led headlight package with sensing etc. the lineup confuses me when I read it. Thanks.

LBug

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Nice, I like the spoilers. Not crazy over the rear bumper. I won't be trading my car in for it. I prefer the wheels on my current touring and no need for a hatchback.

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm not crazy about the hatch but I think I could live with it. If they made the hatch more straight down then it would look like a station wagon since the car is so long.
The funny thing is that it isn't even that long, the hatch is closer to the coupe size than the sedan, it's just the trick of the styling that makes it look so long, but yea, if the back end was flat like on the fit it would come off as a wagon... i think if they had just made the back window a bit smaller, like the mazda3 hatch people would be more satisfied with the styling. That said, i could definitely live with it. I think in certain colors the hatch does have a nice look, i just can't give up the coupe and its sloping profile and its full width tail light.

SpartanSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura MDX and Honda CR-V
Country flag
Disappointed that there will be no manual 6spd matched up with any leather or touring models. I am guessing that this will probably be the same for the Touring and EX-L Sedan and Coupe? Was thinking I might consider the Touring hatchback with a manual. Looks as if the manual option is out as it will be next to impossible getting a CTR......

s2kdriver80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY21 FK8 Honda Civic Type R, MY03 AP1 Honda S2000
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Not terrible. It would have been better if the hatch were shorter in length, didn't have the tapered flared out swollen look in the rear with the prominent rear bumper sticking out (a la recent Accords), and lost the fake vents. Not really feeling the mini station wagon look. The 9th gen Euro hatch wasn't the prettiest car, but at least the overall dimensions were better.

Last edited:

Slickone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Le Car
Country flag