Rone811

First Name
Rone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Yes, and the full hood, fender, side sills, rear wheel area, cargo loading area. Helps,keep the car looking great.
I did when I bought my si in 2017. The shop had pre cut outs. It has been a great investment. I even retrofitted my headlights and I wasn’t sure what the ppf was going to do under extreme heat from opening headlights. It withstood the heat like a champ. Cost was around 870 here in Cali.
Sponsored

MrTuckers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Type R, 08 CRV, 06 Oddy, 14 Accord 9th Gen V6
Country flag
I did when I bought my si in 2017. The shop had pre cut outs. It has been a great investment. I even retrofitted my headlights and I wasn’t sure what the ppf was going to do under extreme heat from opening headlights. It withstood the heat like a champ. Cost was around 870 here in Cali.
870? That's hella cheap!! Did you get it done around the Sac area? The shops here in the Bay want 2K for the entire front end done, including side mirrors.

Rone811

First Name
Rone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
870? That's hella cheap!! Did you get it done around the Sac area? The shops here in the Bay want 2K for the entire front end done, including side mirrors.
Yes, in sacramento the shop is JH Auto Window Tinting and they are open 7 days a week which is why i went there.
-If you come out here to drop off your car let me know, if I'm off I'll pick you up and we can browse downtown sac. waiting outside the shop for 4-6+ hours is boring as F-

MrTuckers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Well that was a painful 3hr spent on installing clear Suma side markers w/turn signal assembly. I finally had some time to install these and the process took a little longer as I just didn't want to plug and play and let the wire hang loose to wherever it wanted to go, so I fed it through some split wire plastic loom. The spacing on the drivers side (the side that went perfect install- just a little more in a min.) was easier to work with. I was able to get my hand inside the gap and unfasten the OEM marker out of place without removing the fender liner- piece of cake.

The passengers side- whole different story.

Feeding my plastic loom through that area was like trying to floss teeth with virtually no gaps. I had to use a metal clothes hanger to fish the loom through. After all that work and then finally wiring it up, it went well. Now the install- I found out that there is a nasty-ass gap on the front assembly area of the marker (see photo). On Suma's website, it's stated that there is a slight gap but not noticeable (ya maybe when you're going 70mph down the highway) but you can clearly see it's a BIG gap. Oh well, I went ahead and installed anways because of all the time I've already spent installing these.

Functionality wise, I like how bright the lights look, but cosmetically, if you walk up to the marker on that passenger side, you can see the ugly-ass gap. I read someplace that there is no issue with standard 10th Gens (non-Type R) but nonethless, there should be 2 seperate assemblies for 2 different types of cars. I emailed Eddy and let him know about this (I'm sure he has from many others) to see what can be done about this. I thought this was going to be a quick install, but if you do it my way, you'll end up with scratches, small battle wounds, etc., getting your hands in the tight spaces in the engine bay.

Honda Civic 10th gen Official Sonic Grey Pearl Type R Picture Thread 1601249020090

Honda Civic 10th gen Official Sonic Grey Pearl Type R Picture Thread 1601249046044

Volksparts

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 CTR, 17 TRD Tacoma, 2017 Wrangler, 2020 Avalon
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Well that was a painful 3hr spent on installing clear Suma side markers w/turn signal assembly. I finally had some time to install these and the process took a little longer as I just didn't want to plug and play and let the wire hang loose to wherever it wanted to go, so I fed it through some split wire plastic loom. The spacing on the drivers side (the side that went perfect install- just a little more in a min.) was easier to work with. I was able to get my hand inside the gap and unfasten the OEM marker out of place without removing the fender liner- piece of cake.

The passengers side- whole different story.

Feeding my plastic loom through that area was like trying to floss teeth with virtually no gaps. I had to use a metal clothes hanger to fish the loom through. After all that work and then finally wiring it up, it went well. Now the install- I found out that there is a nasty-ass gap on the front assembly area of the marker (see photo). On Suma's website, it's stated that there is a slight gap but not noticeable (ya maybe when you're going 70mph down the highway) but you can clearly see it's a BIG gap. Oh well, I went ahead and installed anways because of all the time I've already spent installing these.

Functionality wise, I like how bright the lights look, but cosmetically, if you walk up to the marker on that passenger side, you can see the ugly-ass gap. I read someplace that there is no issue with standard 10th Gens (non-Type R) but nonethless, there should be 2 seperate assemblies for 2 different types of cars. I emailed Eddy and let him know about this (I'm sure he has from many others) to see what can be done about this. I thought this was going to be a quick install, but if you do it my way, you'll end up with scratches, small battle wounds, etc., getting your hands in the tight spaces in the engine bay.

1601249020090.png

1601249046044.png
When I did mine I used a cutoff wheel and shaved the front "hook" in a little. This enabled me to slide the marker more forward thus closing the gap. I was a beta tester for these before they hit the market. Actually my video is on their website.
They ended up getting water in one of them in less than a month of being on my car and they are aware of this possible issue.

MrTuckers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
When I did mine I used a cutoff wheel and shaved the front "hook" in a little. This enabled me to slide the marker more forward thus closing the gap. I was a beta tester for these before they hit the market. Actually my video is on their website.
They ended up getting water in one of them in less than a month of being on my car and they are aware of this possible issue.
Is it water because of the gap or are these assemblies not that water-tight to begin with? I can try to shave-off a small portion on the front-side hook a little bit using the same method you did (cutoff wheel as in Dremmel?). Maybe this will allow the locking tab in the rear to actually snap into place. Thanks for the feedback and advice!

MrTuckers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Looks like an outside air temp sensor.
I noticed this while installing those Suma side markers.

I'm not comfortable about that gap on the passenger side for the Suma so I may end-up removing both of them and reselling to anyone that has a Civic 10th Gen (non Type-R). I heard the fitment works better with non Type R Civics.

That gap I heard is susceptible to water ingress into the light housing itself. Drivers side no issue, it's the passenger side that's not fitting properly.

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 M2, 2022 Audi RS3, ex2019, now 2021Type R!
Country flag
Let's get the only color that matters thread back at the top / front page where it belongs.

Fresh wash with the spate of great weather! Wife's beast at rest. Have a great weekend all!!

Honda Civic 10th gen Official Sonic Grey Pearl Type R Picture Thread DSFSHqr

Honda Civic 10th gen Official Sonic Grey Pearl Type R Picture Thread CwwjRVK