Spoon Sports Rigid Collar Kit

Weesawn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
After doing some research on the Rigid Collars for the CTR and saw the positive reviews on them I was curious if they will fit on to the Si as well. Anyone have any input on this?
Sponsored

First Name
Delta MoSports
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.deltamotorsportsco.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si, 2018 Honda Civic Sport HB, 2017 Honda Civic Coupe, 2015 Honda Civic Si, 2005 Acura TSX, 1999 Lexus LS400
Country flag
After doing some research on the Rigid Collars for the CTR and saw the positive reviews on them I was curious if they will fit on to the Si as well. Anyone have any input on this?
Hey Weesawn!
The spoon rigid collars do in fact fit the Si. We run them on our track car and have been great in the road feel and helps align the subframe a lot better!

skottharrison

First Name
Skott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic SI Sedan, 2021 Subaru Crosstrek
Country flag
Howdy,

Are the Spoon rigid collars re-useable, as in, if you drop the subframe again, do the collars retain their benefit? Thanks!

Unity Performance

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Website
unity-performance.com
Vehicle(s)
Current Fleet: 18 Si, 20 FK8, 23 FL5
Country flag
T
Howdy,

Are the Spoon rigid collars re-useable, as in, if you drop the subframe again, do the collars retain their benefit? Thanks!
If you're just removing and then re-installing the subframe, then likely yes, but if trying to swap out to a different car then likely no.

Did some more digging before posting, and here's an article on it that matched my thought:

"Once a Spoon Rigid Collar Bushing set is deformed on a specific chassis and subframe we feel this "mates" these items all together and that attempts to move used bushings from one car to another would be an unsuccessful job."

https://www.heeltoeauto.com/spoon-rigid-collar-bushing-reuse-are-they-one-time-use.html

There is a reason why the Front and Rear kit has been sitting on my shelf for 8 months now...to keep Blue or to get the older brother is the question ?

CanadiaegeanBlue

First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Sedan - Aegean Blue Metallic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
@Unity Performance have you installed the rigid collars yet, or are you planning to at any point? I am contemplating putting these in the front while I do my clutch at same time. Cheers.
Not yet sir, will be Spring item most likely. Way too many other projects on the fly at the moment

Our local friend, @Delta Motorsports has them on his FC1 Si
Sponsored