First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Hi all,

Is there anyone who can help me to identify this noise coming from the rear of my Civic Type R? It happens randomly. The dealer can't replicate it since it's such a random occurrence but it seems to be getting more frequent and louder. Car has 16k miles on it. Occurs while driving and seems to change with acceleration and deceleration. Thank you for any suggestions or help.
Sponsored

Attachments

OP
OP

MayorOfWhoville

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
https://www.civicx.com/forum/threads/type-r-2017-brakes-whistling.23138/

Seems to be an issue with the brake clip on the Type R brake pads.
Thank you for the quick reply. They did look at the brakes when it was at the dealer. It's insanely loud. Much louder than my Invidia exhaust. You also cannot hear it well from the exterior. On another occasion i had the windows rolled down and it's 10x15 times louder inside than with me sticking my head out the window (ace ventura style). They think it's either a fuel pump or something to do with the electronic ebrake system... but no diagnosis as of yet. Thanks again.

calonzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Thank you for the quick reply. They did look at the brakes when it was at the dealer. It's insanely loud. Much louder than my Invidia exhaust. You also cannot hear it well from the exterior. On another occasion i had the windows rolled down and it's 10x15 times louder inside than with me sticking my head out the window (ace ventura style). They think it's either a fuel pump or something to do with the electronic ebrake system... but no diagnosis as of yet. Thanks again.
I suppose the high pressure fuel pump could make that noise. Not sure how an ebrake would make that noise.

There's many posts on this issue. The clip moves slightly out of place. Putting it back is a short term fix. The only way to fix it permanently is to replace the clip.

Good luck!

OP
OP

MayorOfWhoville

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
I suppose the high pressure fuel pump could make that noise. Not sure how an ebrake would make that noise.

There's many posts on this issue. The clip moves slightly out of place. Putting it back is a short term fix. The only way to fix it permanently is to replace the clip.

Good luck!
Yeah, there is someone here in the Tampa area with a Type R whose HPFP failed this past weekend actually. Mileage similar to mine. I will have the dealer take a look at your suggestion as well. I have sent them the clips to try and identify the issue. Thank you again!

calonzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Yeah, there is someone here in the Tampa area with a Type R whose HPFP failed this past weekend actually. Mileage similar to mine. I will have the dealer take a look at your suggestion as well. I have sent them the clips to try and identify the issue. Thank you again!
Let us know what happens!

P.S. I should change my profile pick to this:
Honda Civic 10th gen Please Help: Can Anyone Identify This Noise?!? Civic Type R 1600804875877
Sponsored