2020 Audio Diagram Needed

bay_hatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm trying to create an extension harness so I can tap into the speakers for my powered sub without having to splice into the factory harness. I thought the 2020 would share the same connections as 2017-2019 like below but I was wrong.
Honda Civic 10th gen 2020 Audio Diagram Needed 1600501029137

I took a photo of my connector and noticed A13 gets used, so I added another pin to my harness. When I plugged it into the headunit and factory harness it blew the radio fuse upon startup. Does anyone know what A13 is used for on the 2020 or have the audio diagram for it? It'll be greatly appreciated.

Honda Civic 10th gen 2020 Audio Diagram Needed F4F708CE-5549-4CF1-88FC-9ADC7AD7CECD

bikejog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe. 2000 Honda Prelude (donated to charity).
Country flag
The diagram you have is for the Coupe/Sedan. If you noticed, it says "RL SPKR+". You need the diagram for the hatch. It will say "RL DOOR SPKR+". Should be no changes for 2020. The red wire is for accessory power. I think you probably wired your harness wrong.

OP
OP
bay_hatch

bay_hatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The diagram you have is for the Coupe/Sedan. If you noticed, it says "RL SPKR+". You need the diagram for the hatch. It will say "RL DOOR SPKR+". Should be no changes for 2020. The red wire is for accessory power. I think you probably wired your harness wrong.
Awesome thanks! I don’t have any luck trying to find a diagram from the hatchback ex or sport from 2020. On my hatchbacks factory harness, if A13 is used for power, what would A23 be used for then? Its the yellow wire directly under

bikejog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Awesome thanks! I don’t have any luck trying to find a diagram from the hatchback ex or sport from 2020. On my hatchbacks factory harness, if A13 is used for power, what would A23 be used for then? Its the yellow wire directly under
If you have the service manual, then search for A23 and it'll hit all the variations. Then you have to follow the wiring diagram section. I scan through the wiring diagram and it looks like A13 is the ACC power mode power and A23 should be for the reverse camera acc. Measure the A23 voltage see if it only gets turned on when in reverse.

EDIT: If you only want to tap into the front door speakers, then you really don't care what the function of the other wires are anyway. Just make your extension one to one and tap into the front door speakers as showed in the diagram.

OP
OP
bay_hatch

bay_hatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If you have the service manual, then search for A23 and it'll hit all the variations. Then you have to follow the wiring diagram section. I scan through the wiring diagram and it looks like A13 is the ACC power mode power and A23 should be for the reverse camera acc. Measure the A23 voltage see if it only gets turned on when in reverse.

EDIT: If you only want to tap into the front door speakers, then you really don't care what the function of the other wires are anyway. Just make your extension one to one and tap into the front door speakers as showed in the diagram.
That's how I actually made the harness, just connected the male to female connector 1:1 but it caused the 15 amp radio fuse to blow. Maybe I created a short when repinning some unused connectors to where it was needed?

For more information I used a Metra 70-1731 and 71-1731 harness. I'll grab a pic of the harness connections when I'm back to it.

bikejog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
That's how I actually made the harness, just connected the male to female connector 1:1 but it caused the 15 amp radio fuse to blow. Maybe I created a short when repinning some unused connectors to where it was needed?

For more information I used a Metra 70-1731 and 71-1731 harness. I'll grab a pic of the harness connections when I'm back to it.
Yeah I have no idea how the harnesses are wired. There might as well be something added in 2020, but I wouldn't think Honda would move where the speaker wires are located. I would check each pin against all other pins in the extension to make sure nothing to shorted where it shouldn't be.

EDIT: Maybe your sub input is shorted?

OP
OP
bay_hatch

bay_hatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yeah I have no idea how the harnesses are wired. There might as well be something added in 2020, but I wouldn't think Honda would move where the speaker wires are located. I would check each pin against all other pins in the extension to make sure nothing to shorted where it shouldn't be.

EDIT: Maybe your sub input is shorted?
Would this diagram be for the hatchback? Looks like both A13 and A23 are used to power accessories. Would I need one of those thicker wires thats able to carry the load?

Honda Civic 10th gen 2020 Audio Diagram Needed Screen Shot 2020-09-19 at 11.26.45 AM

Also what do you mean by sub input is shortened?

bikejog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Would this diagram be for the hatchback? Looks like both A13 and A23 are used to power accessories. Would I need one of those thicker wires thats able to carry the load?

Screen Shot 2020-09-19 at 11.26.45 AM.png

Also what do you mean by sub input is shortened?
Yes I think that would be for the Hatch because only the hatch has the rear door speakers. The coupe/sedan has the rear speakers in the rear deck. A13/A23 are both labelled the same here and A23 is RED, but if you search A23 elsewhere in the same section, you'll see the reverse camera reference. Check out pages 8 and 9 in the wiring diagram section and you'll see A23 is showed with a Yellow wire and connects to the reverse relay *AND* to the ACC power so I'm not quite sure what's going on there. Could be region (mexico, NA, etc..) options. If you have a DMM, measure the voltage on A23 see it's only powered when in reverse. If it is, then you know the diagrams are accurate. If not, then you have more research to do.

What I meant was is the input to your Sub-Woofer amp shorted? If the fuse blows even with the sub-woofer amp tap disconnected, then the problem is in the harness. Otherwise, either you tapped into the wrong wires or the input to your sub could be shorted. Without studying in more detail, I wouldn't know if those two power wires are supplying power or signal. But the power wires are A1 and A3. Anyhow, I don't see how the fuse would blow if you used too thin wires, but wouldn't hurt to match the gauge with the OEM harness.

OP
OP
bay_hatch

bay_hatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yes I think that would be for the Hatch because only the hatch has the rear door speakers. The coupe/sedan has the rear speakers in the rear deck. A13/A23 are both labelled the same here and A23 is RED, but if you search A23 elsewhere in the same section, you'll see the reverse camera reference. Check out pages 8 and 9 in the wiring diagram section and you'll see A23 is showed with a Yellow wire and connects to the reverse relay *AND* to the ACC power so I'm not quite sure what's going on there. Could be region (mexico, NA, etc..) options. If you have a DMM, measure the voltage on A23 see it's only powered when in reverse. If it is, then you know the diagrams are accurate. If not, then you have more research to do.

What I meant was is the input to your Sub-Woofer amp shorted? If the fuse blows even with the sub-woofer amp tap disconnected, then the problem is in the harness. Otherwise, either you tapped into the wrong wires or the input to your sub could be shorted. Without studying in more detail, I wouldn't know if those two power wires are supplying power or signal. But the power wires are A1 and A3. Anyhow, I don't see how the fuse would blow if you used too thin wires, but wouldn't hurt to match the gauge with the OEM harness.

I probably won’t have time to take everything apart anytime soon. I think axxess sells a female connector with all the wires already pinned. I may look into getting that and resolder the male connections so I don’t need to repin anything that would’ve potentially caused the short.

I’m using a kicker hs-8 powered sub but I didn’t even get a chance to wire them into the front speakers. I wanted to test the harness first just to see if everything was ok, so I can definitely say the problem lies within the harness. Here’s some photos of the ends of the harness.

Honda Civic 10th gen 2020 Audio Diagram Needed 96DDC59A-4444-4C46-9E45-175C1CE0C202

Honda Civic 10th gen 2020 Audio Diagram Needed 8E707ED2-E472-4F08-BB66-84390000ECF1

Honda Civic 10th gen 2020 Audio Diagram Needed 8CBE4BBB-A0CE-4652-B928-96E42133186D

bikejog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I probably won’t have time to take everything apart anytime soon. I think axxess sells a female connector with all the wires already pinned. I may look into getting that and resolder the male connections so I don’t need to repin anything that would’ve potentially caused the short.

I’m using a kicker hs-8 powered sub but I didn’t even get a chance to wire them into the front speakers. I wanted to test the harness first just to see if everything was ok, so I can definitely say the problem lies within the harness. Here’s some photos of the ends of the harness.
It looks correct for whatever I can see from your pics, but I couldn't see everything so I'm not sure. You could try troubleshoot the harness. If you look at both connectors from the same side (say male/female pin side), then the wires would match up as showed.

Honda Civic 10th gen 2020 Audio Diagram Needed 1600568491800

Connections: 1 connects to 1, 2->2, 3->3, etc.. You can visually check them. It's even better if you have a DMM so you can do continuity and shorted tests.

Continuity tests: Put one probe in a pin on one connector and the other probe in the same numbered pin on the other connector. Test all pins that are wired.
1->1, 2->2, 3->3, ..., 24->24

Tests for Shorts: Test both the male and female connectors independently from the other. Put one probe in a pin, then move the other probe in and out of all the other pins on the same connector and make sure no continuities exist. So basically, for any connector, make sure there's no continuity in any of the following combinations
1->2, 1->3, .. 1->24
2->3, 2->4, .. 2->24
23->24

OP
OP
bay_hatch

bay_hatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It looks correct for whatever I can see from your pics, but I couldn't see everything so I'm not sure. You could try troubleshoot the harness. If you look at both connectors from the same side (say male/female pin side), then the wires would match up as showed.

1600568491800.png

Connections: 1 connects to 1, 2->2, 3->3, etc.. You can visually check them. It's even better if you have a DMM so you can do continuity and shorted tests.

Continuity tests: Put one probe in a pin on one connector and the other probe in the same numbered pin on the other connector. Test all pins that are wired.
1->1, 2->2, 3->3, ..., 24->24

Tests for Shorts: Test both the male and female connectors independently from the other. Put one probe in a pin, then move the other probe in and out of all the other pins on the same connector and make sure no continuities exist. So basically, for any connector, make sure there's no continuity in any of the following combinations
1->2, 1->3, .. 1->24
2->3, 2->4, .. 2->24
23->24
I finally found something that looks like a premade harness for our cars. The connectors look exactly the same and share 24 pins. They have it listed for the accord but my guess that it'll still work for the Civic. Once this comes in i'll give it a shot, otherwise I'll go back to trying to make my home-made harness!

WingManD

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Ex Hatchback
Country flag
I have a 2020 hatchback ex and I am trying to do the same I hope you luck. Please advise how you do.

OP
OP
bay_hatch

bay_hatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have a 2020 hatchback ex and I am trying to do the same I hope you luck. Please advise how you do.
What did you need assistance with? I sourced a 24 pin harness off of ebay (I believe some can be found on aliexpress as well ) that was plug and play. I spliced my speaker connections into the extended harness. All is working well.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/24Pin-Full...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Although all the wires are brown, you can easily reference this diagram to each pinout. I labeled each with a small sliver of post it notes to make it easier.

Honda Civic 10th gen 2020 Audio Diagram Needed 1603823399705

WingManD

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Ex Hatchback
Country flag
What I would like to do is tap into this harness(and not the factory wires) then add a line output converter, audio control lc2.
I have already upgrade the factory door speakers with the Alpine S-S65C speakers. Now I want to add one or 2 sub woofers.

OP
OP
bay_hatch

bay_hatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
What I would like to do is tap into this harness(and not the factory wires) then add a line output converter, audio control lc2.
I have already upgrade the factory door speakers with the Alpine S-S65C speakers. Now I want to add one or 2 sub woofers.
The harness will work for you. You would tap into the front two speakers as they offer the best signal for your LOC. Just follow the diagram and tap into A15-A18. I also added the same speakers but they definitely could do better with a DSP or amp.
Sponsored