Rowdy444

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic lx
Country flag
Is it illegal to have purple bulbs for the side marker lights in California?
Sponsored

websitesdown

First Name
Bee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI , 2023 Civic Sport
Country flag
I am almost certain that in CA you can only have either white or yellow.

I'll add that you can only set fires if liberal in nature lol. Sorry had to say it. Also you can have consensual " love" with children now between certain years of age depending on yours.

/S

Move now while you still can!

svffr

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'13 PMM Civic EX, '19 CBP Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'll add that you can only set fires if liberal in nature lol. Sorry had to say it. Also you can have consensual " love" with children now between certain years of age depending on yours.

/S

Move now while you still can!

lol I was going to make a joke about joining the rest of us in the United States but didn't want to bust their balls too much! :lol:

Chuckles4

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Does anyone have an opinion on whether some of the aftermarket side markers are better than others? I know Unity Performance seems to be the best regarded, but they're always on back order! Are the Sumas any good? Others?

kimtyson

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Blue Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Does anyone have an opinion on whether some of the aftermarket side markers are better than others? I know Unity Performance seems to be the best regarded, but they're always on back order! Are the Sumas any good? Others?
I got these off Amazon. They look and function exactly like the Unity ones, and they are half the price. Oh, and they got here in 2 days. I only installed them yesterday so I can't speak to more than that. The sequential is cool. Well worth giving them a try.

Siqc Cafe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring, 2000 Celica GT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Here's a old school tip when there are quote on quote subjective lights on your car.

1st keep new legal spares in your glovebox
2nd have valid excuse
3rd be prepared.

So throw on your purples.
Have amber or white back up in the glove.

If in any situation you get pulled over.
Just say "yeaaa they are old led bulbs, I think their burning out", "look I have backup"..

Not verbatim but you get the picture. ?

saiko21

First Name
Sai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan (Sold) , 2005 Toyota Corolla (Sold)
Country flag
I got these off Amazon. They look and function exactly like the Unity ones, and they are half the price. Oh, and they got here in 2 days. I only installed them yesterday so I can't speak to more than that. The sequential is cool. Well worth giving them a try.
did you splice the turn signal wire?

KYRGYZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Civic LX, 18 Model X 100D
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
white and yellow only, some cops might ticket you even for white ones, since side markers are suppose to be orange from the factory.
I got depo clear housing with bright yellow LEDs in them and they look awesome

Honda Civic 10th gen Side marker lights IMG_5068

rwsmith123

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
Here's a old school tip when there are quote on quote subjective lights on your car.

1st keep new legal spares in your glovebox
2nd have valid excuse
3rd be prepared.

So throw on your purples.
Have amber or white back up in the glove.

If in any situation you get pulled over.
Just say "yeaaa they are old led bulbs, I think their burning out", "look I have backup"..

Not verbatim but you get the picture. ?
And the excuse would be because amber markers wouldn’t stand out from the flames and orange sky, I just wanted to be safe.

MarshX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-T Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I believe most, if not all, aftermarket side markers for the 10th gens are pretty much the same when it comes to bulb housing and fitment. Sure you might have a couple outliers that might fit a little worse compared to some brands of side markers but the market for sidemarkers for these cars are overall the same. Yes, there are obviously plenty designs and variations of similar designs and different colored lenses and what not...but that’s pretty much subjective. So no, I do not believe some of these sidemarkers are better than others. People just have their different needs and tastes. And when it comes to the legality of certain sidemarkers, it’s on the owner of the vehicle to take into consideration the risks running those might bring. I personally believe the Unity Performance sidemarkers are rather played out but that’s not to say they are not great looking-they look great! And I’m sure the guy selling them is making people happy. I am running Depo Smoked Sidemarkers and have ran another 2 kinds (temporarily) in the past. I’m not a guru when it comes to this haha but this is all my 2¢.

kimtyson

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Blue Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
can you let me know which color of wires (driver & Passenger side)to splice as I don't have any tool to check the signal wire
Pretty sure it's blue for driver side and green for passenger side. If I find that is wrong I'll correct it but pretty sure.

Edit: From a review on Amazon- " ok product works great, looks bad @ss. if you have a 2020 civic with the LED head lights hook up the turn wire to the blue driver side head lights and green on the passenger side. this should save you time searching on where your signal light are on the 2020 civic with OME LED lights. " I think that is consistent for all model years of the 10th gen wiring, not just 2020.

Chuckles4

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
thanks. out of curiosity, if you don't want to do the splicing, will these work as normal sidemarkers (e.g. will light up but not flash with turn signal) if you install without the splicing?
Sponsored