Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Sedan
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Hello!

I just saw a listing for a 60mm and a 70mm Invidia front pipe. Just curious if anyone has that installed and are there any issues? I usually see a lot of PRL, MAPerformance, etc in builds, but not Invidia.

I'm considering a front pipe eventually and a catted downpipe, but that's way further down the line.
Sponsored

das borgen

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E36 M3, Ducati 748, '17 EGP Si Coupe
Country flag
I had no issues 2.5 years ago when I installed mine. I don't know if it's 60 or 70 since back then they only had one option on procivic.com

I have whichever Invidia had released back then. It's good quality, has held up fine over 2 Ohio winters and I can't say if it gives for more power or not.

BoostinIX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SI Sedan
Country flag
Looking at procivic, 70 is louder (obv). Invidia's a well known brand, can't imagine any big issues.

OP
OP
ayeitsmikko

ayeitsmikko

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I had no issues 2.5 years ago when I installed mine. I don't know if it's 60 or 70 since back then they only had one option on procivic.com

I have whichever Invidia had released back then. It's good quality, has held up fine over 2 Ohio winters and I can't say if it gives for more power or not.
Glad to know it held up pretty good. I'll assume you have an aftermarket catback as well? How does it sound? I have the Invidia R400 and was looking for something a tad bit louder lol. Granted I'm happy with how it sounds right now, I might just add in those later in my build priority.

BoostinIX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SI Sedan
Country flag
What's funny is after reading this, I had the exact same thought about my R400. It's about perfect as is for DD and not waking the neighbors...but a toooouch louder could be nice ;)

OP
OP
ayeitsmikko

ayeitsmikko

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
What's funny is after reading this, I had the exact same thought about my R400. It's about perfect as is for DD and not waking the neighbors...but a toooouch louder could be nice ;)
Which is why I'm trying to find video clips of our exhausts with FP and DP lol ?. Unfortunately in CA, I don't want any hassle with smog, so I'd just going to go catted. But if I could get Inividia all the way (with the exception of the downpipe, I don't think they made one?) I would be happy.

rr1443

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Which is why I'm trying to find video clips of our exhausts with FP and DP lol ?. Unfortunately in CA, I don't want any hassle with smog, so I'd just going to go catted. But if I could get Inividia all the way (with the exception of the downpipe, I don't think they made one?) I would be happy.
i have invidia r400 with prl catted dp and prl frontpipe, i doubt you'll pass smog (im in norcal). i still threw emissions code with prl catted downpipe and have it cleared with ktuner.

das borgen

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E36 M3, Ducati 748, '17 EGP Si Coupe
Country flag
Glad to know it held up pretty good. I'll assume you have an aftermarket catback as well? How does it sound? I have the Invidia R400 and was looking for something a tad bit louder lol. Granted I'm happy with how it sounds right now, I might just add in those later in my build priority.
stock catback. I haven't found one that's light and quiet enough for me. How much does the R400 weigh?

OP
OP
ayeitsmikko

ayeitsmikko

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
stock catback. I haven't found one that's light and quiet enough for me. How much does the R400 weigh?
I wish I can give a definite answer. I got mine second hand :/.

OP
OP
ayeitsmikko

ayeitsmikko

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
i have invidia r400 with prl catted dp and prl frontpipe, i doubt you'll pass smog (im in norcal). i still threw emissions code with prl catted downpipe and have it cleared with ktuner.
I forgot to reply to this. Even with a Catted DP? huh I wonder why. There are some posts where they say it passes, and some not. ? Welp. Time to do more research.

rr1443

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I forgot to reply to this. Even with a Catted DP? huh I wonder why. There are some posts where they say it passes, and some not. ? Welp. Time to do more research.
i don't think i threw the emissions code until a few days after the install. i too, was hoping to avoid the CEL by going catted but i had a ktuner anyways so it wasn't too big of a concern.

imo, i'll deal with the smog when it is time. hassle? yes but it's still better than doing it every year on an older car.

rr1443

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
if i remember correctly, just by going off of installtion, the r400 isn't that much lighter than stock.

quiet and lightweight exhausts means mufflers. you can't really have mufflers and still be lightweight... ya feel?

r400 on prl front pipe and catted downpipe really isn't that loud. though i am comparing this to catless dp + catbacks. the r400 itself is a quiet exhaust, mostly just deep bass. i had the greddy supreme big balls before this one and kind of miss the tone. r400 sounds great at low speeds, very deep. however it just doesn't have the kick of the greddy. At WOT on the invidia the bass is gone but at the same time it isn't loud at all. after a few months of the r400 i really do miss the greddy, just can't run it because of how ugly and low the mufflers hang!

BoostinIX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SI Sedan
Country flag
Hurry up and buy a front pipe. You know. For science. ;)

OP
OP
ayeitsmikko

ayeitsmikko

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Hurry up and buy a front pipe. You know. For science. ;)
I'm currently debating if I want that or a wheel and tire setup. Bare with me lmao

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
Aftermarket catted dp’s fail Ca Smog. Only one that will pass is obviously the stock cat
Sponsored