Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 S2000 Roadster, 2019 Civic Type R, 2020 Supra
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I would disagree an R is a better daily than. The SI especially if you’re in a coupe vs the hatch.

Ladies and gents start your engines. The sound of the Borla exhaust alone R to Si clearly speaks volumes to the difference in the 2 vehicles:

I was honestly surprised at this, Borla makes a great exhaust and man the Si just sounds puny. I’m sure some other mods would help it along but wow I was like WTH when I heard the Borla on the Si.

it just really caught me off guard ofter hearing Borla exhausts on so many vehicles in the past. I truly expected the Si to sound similar not like a Rumba.

civicmanic

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring ; 2020 CR-V Sport(wife)
Country flag
Ummm the borla exhaust on both vehicles sound wimpy. Neither vehicle sounds good with any aftermarket exhaust that I've heard.

MoTeC R

Slow For Show
First Name
Smally
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ummm the borla exhaust on both vehicles sound wimpy. Neither vehicle sounds good with any aftermarket exhaust that I've heard.
You have to hear them in person- far from wimpy, but it's obvious there's a huge difference in the Borla Exhausts.

civicmanic

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring ; 2020 CR-V Sport(wife)
Country flag
You have to hear them in person- far from wimpy, but it's obvious there's a huge difference in the Borla Exhausts.
I have. It sounds like a small 4 cylinder with a fart can, which is what it is.

jakdotdot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 SI
Country flag
The type r does not have a good sound. Very few 4 cylinders do.
Yeah, Turbo 4 rarely sound good.

I'd say both sound better than stock, but I haven't heard a single 10th gen civic I would describe as sounding good (CTR, SI, etc) exhaust wise.

MoTeC R

Slow For Show
First Name
Smally
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I think mine sounds fine albeit it is heavily modified so it should. Sorry for the sound clip and quality, my phone was just laying on the seat my buddy was in a motorcycle accident so I don’t have my camera guy to give you a decent clip. I could do like a cold start or some type of other video if anyone is interested. Again it’s just my phone I haven’t invested in any quality cameras yet. Anyway this is an acceleration clip, I may have one with a few warm engine revs to 3500 launch rev limiter.