9" Aftermarket Android Head Unit (Feature Overview / Installation)

KYRGYZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Civic LX, 18 Model X 100D
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
so you lose the oil life monitor?
also since you have an EX-T, I know they say the SWC Volume buttons work but what about the "capacitive slide" where instead of clicking the top or bottom of the volume button you slide your thumb up or down it?

Asking because I'm debating between swapping out my stock unit or just getting the AudioControl LC2i to give me a subwoofer output, I really don't want to lose a single stock function, I use my side view camera DAILY as it gives me the best view of the road when i'm leaving the office. Mainly trying to decide which is better, I can always plug my phone in to get Android Auto and do navigation so having the map app on the screen isn't a requirement and I already have HondaHack Pro on the stock unit so I can run Netflix and Youtube if I want (not that I ever sit around with it running while parked anyway).
most android hu don't support side camera...also you should get this instead https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001EAWS3W/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1 I've been using it since 2016 on all my cars with a great success
Sponsored

Pitfighter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sedan LX
Country flag
Here is reverse showing the climate function - I like to have it off since the climate function is already below and it pops up whenever the temp changes so with auto temp that can be annoying. Also for the backup camera you can have the lines that move while you move the wheel but I have that off.
Honda Civic 10th gen 9" Aftermarket Android Head Unit (Feature Overview / Installation) camera

XgenTheo

First Name
Teo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX-T CVT
Country flag
so you lose the oil life monitor?
also since you have an EX-T, I know they say the SWC Volume buttons work but what about the "capacitive slide" where instead of clicking the top or bottom of the volume button you slide your thumb up or down it?

The maintenance minder will not show in the cluster or Android HU. The AHU will show you how many km (no miles) you’ve driven under settings which you can reset every time you change your engine oil.
The SWC volume slider and button works.
The side camera and rear camera works but there’s a delay after engaging. Maybe a second slower than stock. Sometimes the rear camera freezes a millisecond while backing up, not smooth (I have the 4gb ram 64gb) If you use the side camera often, I suggest you turn on the side camera button then use signal.

KYRGYZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Civic LX, 18 Model X 100D
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Here is reverse showing the climate function - I like to have it off since the climate function is already below and it pops up whenever the temp changes so with auto temp that can be annoying. Also for the backup camera you can have the lines that move while you move the wheel but I have that off.
camera.jpg
so you can't get rid of that on screen AC controls or you can? can it be somehow deactivated ?

naldy

First Name
mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport Hatchback
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
@naldy Hi how is your carplay connection performance? I'm having issues again. My phone name appears on the screeen but it's loading loading and loading. Everytime I left the car outside couple hours I need to reset the headunit for carplay connection... which is so annoying...
try hard resetting your iphone (press volume up, then volume down, then hold the power button until you see the apple logo), and then also restart your head unit

see if that helps

naldy

First Name
mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Yeah that is my next step - wanted to get the PS classic hooked up and working before messing with different launchers. Also want to try the webguru launcher. Anyone have feedback on the different launchers? Not much online when I've searched.
i personally don’t like agama or webguru. i’d recommend not going for one specifically marketed as a car launcher. try something like SmartLauncher, my personal favorite

Pitfighter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
i personally don’t like agama or webguru. i’d recommend not going for one specifically marketed as a car launcher. try something like SmartLauncher, my personal favorite
Have any images you can share? Why you like it better - thanks for your input!

S60doc

First Name
Arnold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic HB Sport
Country flag
Every launcher has kinda fake app icons. I only like agama's main screen. App icons look like fake. I'll try smart launcher, it seems simple, professional and original.

@naldy
For now I'm using regular head unit functions. Bluetooth music for music, offline maps for maps etc?that carplay loading and loading made me crazy.

heyheyfu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic hatchback sport 2017 6-MT
Country flag
So far no lags or bugs. I got the 4gb/64gb model so it's really smooth. Also has carplay built in but I have an Android so I just tether my internet connection and run everything off that. Android auto is pretty limited so I can have waze going on my phone and have the headunit running whatever I want. Just went up to Orlando and was streaming Disney Now and Prime video for my daughter.

I am terrible at trying to splice wires that is why I searched and found this model where everything you just plug into the port that fits. Really simple. It has the plugs for the higher end trims but I can't speak to how those work.
Just notice your post about the NaviFly, I was debating about JoyRide but after seeing this I might pull the trigger on M400 also. Just a couple of question if you can answer. How fast is the boot time? and any audio improvement over stock radio? Thank you for your post and review! It helps a lot.

Pitfighter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Hey FU ?

So to your questions it loads up within about 20 seconds for full reboot and almost instantly in standby mode. Sound on the LX seems way better to me and haven't done anything to the stock 4 crap speakers it has.

Here is a video for everyone hope it helps:

naldy

First Name
mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Hey FU ?

So to your questions it loads up within about 20 seconds for full reboot and almost instantly in standby mode. Sound on the LX seems way better to me and haven't done anything to the stock 4 crap speakers it has.

Here is a video for everyone hope it helps:

How're you liking it so far, and does it use Z-link for Apple Carplay/AA? I love my Joying unit but I can't stand not having a designated volume button. Thinking about paying the extra $60 for the Navifly PX6

Pitfighter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
How're you liking it so far, and does it use Z-link for Apple Carplay/AA? I love my Joying unit but I can't stand not having a designated volume button. Thinking about paying the extra $60 for the Navifly PX6
I really love it - having the volume and track buttons on the steering wheel is so great. It has zlink I need to try it out. It is supposed to work with apple and android by plugging into usb. I keep waze on my phone mounted to the left of my steering wheel and use the radio to run youtube, music, movies or whatever. It has google assistant so you can voice commands if you want. Only wished this model had an HDMI input for the PS since I have to use a converter to work with aux input otherwise think it is great especially for half the price of these other ones. This was I can upgrade again if needed in a couple years.
Sponsored