Honda Civic Type-R Over sticker dealer naughty list.

MrTuckers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Type R, 08 CRV, 06 Oddy, 14 Accord 9th Gen V6
Country flag
Super excited! Picked up my R yesterday. Car killed right before the gas station which gave me the rev match system error because it completely ran out of gas. Pushed it to the gas station, about 25 feet or so, put gas in it and everything was fine. I also had it checked this morning at the Honda dealership so it's all good.

The dealership did exactly as I asked and left every piece of tape on it so this was a first for me. God I love that new car smell!

2020-09-10 16.44.00.jpg
Congratulations and yes you and I probably got the same first expression when you opened that driver's side door for the very first time and the new car smell hit you like a ton of bricks!! ?

Why did you run out of gas? The dealership should have filed it up separately with some fuel. They should have sent someone to the gas station with a gas canister.

We're only 3 days apart from receiving our Type Rs and mine is also the same color- SGP! Curious to know what your badge number is. ?

Skandiluz

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BB CTR / '20 SGP CTR (Sold) / '15 FRS (Sold)
Country flag
Congratulations and yes you and I probably got the same first expression when you opened that driver's side door for the very first time and the new car smell hit you like a ton of bricks!! ?

Why did you run out of gas? The dealership should have filed it up separately with some fuel. They should have sent someone to the gas station with a gas canister.

We're only 3 days apart from receiving our Type Rs and mine is also the same color- SGP! Curious to know what your badge number is. ?
Haha yeah that smell is something I'll always love. I asked them not to put gas in it because when I picked up my FRS, they put the wrong grade of gas in it so it ran like shit for a week. I also found out that this Honda dealership uses a cheaper gas too so I told them I'd fill it up myself. I'm #37607.

MrTuckers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Type R, 08 CRV, 06 Oddy, 14 Accord 9th Gen V6
Country flag
Haha yeah that smell is something I'll always love. I asked them not to put gas in it because when I picked up my FRS, they put the wrong grade of gas in it so it ran like shit for a week. I also found out that this Honda dealership uses a cheaper gas too so I told them I'd fill it up myself. I'm #37607.
You should have brought your own gas then (although it would have looked weird probably they thinking you were going to arson the place. LOL)

EvolutionFK8

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
Super excited! Picked up my R yesterday. Car killed right before the gas station which gave me the rev match system error because it completely ran out of gas. Pushed it to the gas station, about 25 feet or so, put gas in it and everything was fine. I also had it checked this morning at the Honda dealership so it's all good.

The dealership did exactly as I asked and left every piece of tape on it so this was a first for me. God I love that new car smell!

2020-09-10 16.44.00.jpg
Congrats! If they didn't touch it, make sure the spacers are removed from the front springs. It might just be the angle, but the front looks a little high.

BryanCO

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP CTR, 2007 GT3, 1993 Miata
Country flag
Congrats on the car.

A full tank of gas is part of the delivery process. The car will run fine on 'cheaper' gas, especially considering that you are not going to rev it during the break in period. But, always do what you are comfortable with.

JustAddBeer

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SGP CTR
Country flag

2020-09-10 16.44.00.jpg
Asking them to keep all the packing tape was clever, I wish I'd done the same as this was my first brand spanking new car, same color. Congrats!

Seandingo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CBP CTR, 2010 Accord
Country flag
Congrats! If they didn't touch it, make sure the spacers are removed from the front springs. It might just be the angle, but the front looks a little high.
Is this a common thing for them to leave in? My Civic is on the way and is pretty much wrapped up like the picture. I am assuming this is something I can remove once I get the car.

jincheol

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R BB, 2002 Acura RSX Type-S
Country flag
Congrats on the car.

A full tank of gas is part of the delivery process. The car will run fine on 'cheaper' gas, especially considering that you are not going to rev it during the break in period. But, always do what you are comfortable with.
I'll take free cheap gas any day. I put cheap gas in anyways. (Costco)

Skandiluz

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
You should have brought your own gas then (although it would have looked weird probably they thinking you were going to arson the place. LOL)
Haha I should have. Normally there's enough to make it to the gas station but apparently not for this one

Good catch. I just noticed this and I'll have them removed. Luckily I've only driven it home and not drive all up and down town

Congrats on the car.

Yeah, I just preferred not to deal with the same situation that occurred with my FRS.
Asking them to keep all the packing tape was clever, I wish I'd done the same as this was my first brand spanking new car, same color. Congrats!
Thanks!

Isn't costco considered one of the top places for gas?

Dave Day

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Type R
Country flag
Is there a picture out there that shows the spacers still installed?

BryanCO

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP CTR, 2007 GT3, 1993 Miata
Country flag
I have a pic from my Focus RS.... PDI checklist had to remove the shipping spacers (box was checked) but they were still in there... Really can’t miss them.

RepyT

Almost Stock ‘19 R on 255/35-19”
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R FK8, 2017 Lexus GX460 Luxury
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I get lots of gas there from Burrito samples, good quality too... PUSH my finger.

Skandiluz

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Is there a picture out there that shows the spacers still installed?
If you haven't found a pic I'll post one in the morning. I think there's a few pics on the forum as well if you search pdi spacer. Come to find out mine weren't taken off so I'll have to jack the car up and pop them off

Dave Day

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Type R
Country flag
If you haven't found a pic I'll post one in the morning. I think there's a few pics on the forum as well if you search pdi spacer. Come to find out mine weren't taken off so I'll have to jack the car up and pop them off
Honda Civic 10th gen Honda Civic Type-R  Over sticker dealer naughty list. 1599881255967

I found this one.
Sponsored