What’s your most loved/hated thing about your Si?

Rustlinjimmies

First Name
Meh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
What I dislike the most - The rev hang & stock clutch. What I like the most - The seats & handling.
little ktuner tsp stage 1 and rev hang is gone c:

I love the look of the car feels very planted to the ground, handles real well and the aftermarket for these cars is through the roof insane
but I really wish this came with a k series motor the 1.5 has left me impressed but the tried and true has always been the k motor and I wish the stock exhaust looked like a normal exhaust not the hdmi port...

MorrisGray

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mazda3 5sp manual, 2012 Genesis sedan
Country flag
Add some leather covering to the arm rest on the doors and center arm rest, maybe a little trim on the seats too. Make the clutch travel adjustable or more like the "R" from what I hear. Go back to a split dual exhaust tips style and put the spare tire in the trunk again. Improve the paint and I think we could be happy:) Along with all of your suggestions also!

MorrisGray

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Or dial down the type "R" some with a wing delete, less hp like maybe 275, smaller 18" wheels, put the SI seats in it and give us a compromise? That way we get most benefits from the "R", better ride, enough hp with the 2.0L motor, and more comfort for most and the hatchback we all want with an SI.... ?

Rustlinjimmies

First Name
Meh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Add some leather covering to the arm rest on the doors and center arm rest, maybe a little trim on the seats too. Make the clutch travel adjustable or more like the "R" from what I hear. Go back to a split dual exhaust tips style and put the spare tire in the trunk again. Improve the paint and I think we could be happy:) Along with all of your suggestions also!
you can find some leather replacements online for quite cheap I think someone found them for like 60 bucks? said it was well worth it or most upholstery shops can do that for probably the same price just a few small pieces of leather

MorrisGray

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Thanks and I agree. I also think that it was just a dumb idea of Honda or any manufacturer to put that material in those two places. Direct skin contact and if you are ever sweaty it would just soak in the material.

Rustlinjimmies

First Name
Meh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Thanks and I agree. I also think that it was just a dumb idea of Honda or any manufacturer to put that material in those two places. Direct skin contact and if you are ever sweaty it would just soak in the material.
yeah its a common issue my gti had the same kind of material on the center console and yeah for the most part quite annoying I actually just looked it up through a salvage yard and they have the whole center piece (with a leather center console) for 40 bucks LOL I might give them a call see if they have it

A2typeR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si sedan (TSP stage 1) 2016 Mazda Miata Club (Brembo BBS pack)
Country flag
Besides the damn Parking brake!

I would say it’s not a hatchback, and it’s also not a CTR...

civicmanic

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring ; 2020 CR-V Sport(wife)
Country flag

A2typeR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si sedan (TSP stage 1) 2016 Mazda Miata Club (Brembo BBS pack)
Country flag

MorrisGray

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
civicmanic.... Wow, wow, wow <> Absolutely!
So sad that this is not coming to the US. I am currently shopping for a new car with a manual transmission and I am over the age of 60. I like the SI but would like to have something with at least a 2.0L or larger motor and at least 250hp-275hp, 18 inch wheels for a better ride, 19 inch may be okay but not 20 inch for sure. I like sporty looks and ride but I don't want a car like the type R with the extra large wing that says "Hey Cops.... Do you see ME?"
... Almost everyone buying the Civic SI wants a little more refinement and more hp.
... I firmly believe that this car would sell better than the SI and the type R combined. What does everyone else think? Especially if it were priced a little lower than the "R". maybe $35k or lower.
Bring it to the US?

Reactions: JMM

tcr1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic si 2020
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
love; if I compare to the 9th, comfortable for long journeys. telescopic handwheel. performance for high speed. fuel economy .

Hate: the rubber on the mirrors, water seeps between the rubbers and gets stuck in the bottom of the door.
why not have i-vtec turbo for the SI. lack of RPM
I hate the parking brake
the slowness of the main unit, unbelievable not to have thought of putting something more efficient.
there are so many options in 2020 with more RAM and high performance processor.
interior finish and a failure
the two large holes in the rear bumper,I can't wait to see the shit that will stay there in winter.
the method to disable stability
received my car with scratches (angel hair).

Honda Civic 10th gen What’s your most loved/hated thing about your Si? 20200911_180654

Honda Civic 10th gen What’s your most loved/hated thing about your Si? 20200911_134050