Can I use stock Lug nuts with Motegi Racing wheels?

Saadeq

First Name
Saadeq
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sedan Touring
Country flag
I am thinking of buying Motegi Racing Traklite wheels. I would like to use OEM lug nuts to install the wheels on my Civic. Not sure if the stock lug nuts would fit or not. Dealers do not give clear answers with confidence. They leave it up to us with all the risk if stock lug nuts fit or not. Could anyone confirm if they have used stock lug nuts and they fit on Motegi Racing wheels? Specifically on MR131 / MR140 / MR145 / MR146 SS6. I want to try one of these to reduce weight. Please provide related information. I would highly appreciate that. Thanks.
Sponsored

Last edited:

zspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback FK7
Country flag
Nope. You need the ones with a conical base or else you’ll just damage the wheel.

ladysi

First Name
Andrea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si black sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I am thinking of buying Motegi Racing Traklite wheels. Not sure if they fit or not. Dealers do not give clear answers with confidence. They leave it up to us with all the risk if stock lug nuts fit or not. Could anyone confirm if they have used stock lug nuts and they fit on Motegi Racing wheels? Specifically on MR131 / MR140 / MR145 / MR146 SS6. I want to try one of these to reduce weight. Please provide related information. I would highly appreciate that. Thanks.
The wheels usually come with the correct lugs. For my MR131 17" traklites, they use spline/tuner lugs (the one on the left below).
Honda Civic 10th gen Can I use stock Lug nuts with Motegi Racing wheels? SplineLu

Last edited:
OP
OP
Saadeq

Saadeq

First Name
Saadeq
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The wheels usually come with the correct lugs. For my MR131 17" traklites, they use spline/tuner lugs (the one on the left below).
SplineLug.jpg
I See. Thank you for sharing the info and the pic.
So I will have to get them with the wheels. For my winter set, I did not need anything extra as I purchased Enkei Draco 17" from honda as an accessory. So those wheels were fitted with OEM lug nuts and also the hub centre matched perfectly with OEM size. But for Motegi, I guess, will have to buy the lug nuts and centric ring package.
Honda Civic 10th gen Can I use stock Lug nuts with Motegi Racing wheels? 20191126

OP
OP
Saadeq

Saadeq

First Name
Saadeq
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Nope. You need the ones with a conical base or else you’ll just damage the wheel.
Thanks for the reply. I should take care of it. Definitely don't want to damage new wheels. So the OEMs are not conical base? I wonder why they just don't follow one industry standard. would be so easy.
Sponsored