Project Blackout.

Civic_Honey627

Can't hide from the cops in this one!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L Coupe Energy Green!!!
Country flag
I really wish I could upload pictures, but the forum will no longer let me for some reason. I installed the Injen intake two days ago. I wrapped the intake and heat shield in heat wrap to help with heat, since I got the short ram intake. I did not want to get the full CAI. I removed the resonator a while ago so that saved me some time. Again, I wish I could upload pictures. The car sounds amazing and almost has a BOV sound to it when letting off the throttle. Definitely a great purchase.
What is BOV????
Sponsored

OP
OP
ethanmhanks

ethanmhanks

Project Blackout
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Ram 1500, 1975 Corvette.
Vehicle Showcase
Ummmm, so you know my next question, right???? What's a blow off valve???? Lol
A blow off valve, in a very simple sense, makes that "PSHH!" sound when either shifting or just letting off the gas, basically releasing any extra pressure or boost from the turbo. I would really like to upload a video of it, but the forum keeps saying there is an error on the pictures and videos I try and upload):

Brandons2697

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
Does anyone know of a good product to black out my lenses with? I want to do the headlights and tail lights

OP
OP
ethanmhanks

ethanmhanks

Project Blackout
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Does anyone know of a good product to black out my lenses with? I want to do the headlights and tail lights
Headlights I would only do with a film, most likely professionally done because if there is any haze of any sort it will look bad. Are you wanting to do the entire tail light assembly or just the clear lenses?

OP
OP
ethanmhanks

ethanmhanks

Project Blackout
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I am able to upload pictures now thanks to the awesome Administrators on the forum! I know it doesn't look pretty but here is my Injen intake wrapped in heat wrap until I get the Gold Wrap to help with heat(and look better).

Honda Civic 10th gen Project Blackout. civicint

OP
OP
ethanmhanks

ethanmhanks

Project Blackout
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
The whole assembly
I would also do a film on them then. The spray looks good on my clear lenses and side marker lights but it would be prstty tough to get a smooth spray all the way over the assembly.

4DBox

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Silver EXT, 2018 Volt
Country flag
In this setup does the extra hot air sucked to the turbo make any difference through the intercooler? Do the cylinders see the same air/fuel temperatures as the stock setup?

Brandons2697

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
I would also do a film on them then. The spray looks good on my clear lenses and side marker lights but it would be prstty tough to get a smooth spray all the way over the assembly.
Can you link me film?
Sponsored