Chief lazy leaf

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic SI, 2001 mr2 spyder, 1982 Toyota coroll
Country flag
on the Si it was definitely the side/rear cameras. Also the seat warmers are great during the winter time.
Sponsored

MuffinMcFluffin

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Honda Civic EX, 2019 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
I expected to love most of the things the car already had. Two that I didn't expect to love though are the hill start assist and the capless fuel filler.

And I have to ask for brake hold... are the brake lights on when you're stopped and your foot is off the brake pedal? Just wondering for the cars behind me.

JT Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Country flag
I expected to love most of the things the car already had. Two that I didn't expect to love though are the hill start assist and the capless fuel filler.
In a no-self-service state the capless filler is an incredible burden because it's a lottery if you get someone who actually knows not to pull the nozzle out immediately.

Although pulling it out immediately on a capped fuel filler is stupid as fuck, it's not a huge pain in the ass like with the capless filler where fuel gets trapped in the filler neck and your car stinks like gasoline for a week.

I'm to the point where I'm about to stand outside my car and yell at the attendant if they reach for the nozzle.

MuffinMcFluffin

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Honda Civic EX, 2019 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
In a no-self-service state the capless filler is an incredible burden because it's a lottery if you get someone who actually knows not to pull the nozzle out immediately.

Although pulling it out immediately on a capped fuel filler is stupid as fuck, it's not a huge pain in the ass like with the capless filler where fuel gets trapped in the filler neck and your car stinks like gasoline for a week.
Yeah, that sucks. I guess I don't plan on being in Oregon anytime soon, heh.

And regarding the hill start assist, as a purist I don't necessarily like it, but I like that it can help save my clutch some. What I don't like about it is not knowing whether or not it will actually engage.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
And I have to ask for brake hold... are the brake lights on when you're stopped and your foot is off the brake pedal? Just wondering for the cars behind me.
Yep.

mjh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si 2020 Sedan; Previously VW Jetta SEL 2016 (auto); Civic EX Sedan 2009 (manual); Civic EX Coupe 2002 (manual)
Country flag

I'm to the point where I'm about to stand outside my car and yell at the attendant if they reach for the nozzle.
New Jersey resident, I feel your pain.

OP
OP
Drake

Drake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si
Country flag

I had to look it up because I couldn't believe this was still a thing :confused1:

MediumUnwell

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan, 2013 Civic EX-L, 2012 Odyssey EX-L (the wife's)
Country flag
The right turn signal camera & walk away auto lock.
These two things for me are the things I notice the most when I drive another car without them. Like in the wife's van when I change lanes I always find myself looking at the infotainment screen for that right side camera image and it's not there. Same with touch unlock/walk away lock. I can't tell you how many times I've looked stupid with my hand on the handle of my wife's van waiting for it to unlock.:banghead:
For my wife it's definitely the hill assist. I taught her how to drive stick on my old 8th gen civic. On hills she would always use the parking brake while engaging the clutch because she was scared she was going to start rolling back. Not a huge deal for me - been driving stick for 25 years - but she loves it.

Lastly I will say, and this was mentioned but bears repeating, how incredible it is to have a car that has a good bit of performance (mine's tuned with tsp stage 1 and has prl cobra cai) and yet if I lay off I can get close to 40 mpg on freeway and consistently get around 33 at every fill-up (about 50/50 city highway with some fairly frequent spirited driving). Idk - to me that's an engineering feat. I feel like the old addage you can't have your cake and eat it too has finally been proven false. ??

Seth_FC3

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SI coupe
Country flag
I didn't expect to love the "auto steering" feature. But honestly, it comes in handy sometimes on the turnpike lol.

jason510

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I like the way the parking brake sounds. Sometimes I engage and disengage it three or four times in a row and pretend I'm Maverick with Goose as my rio launching off an aircraft carrier.

letsgoMINAJE

First Name
Minaje
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CBP Si Sedan
Country flag
I like the way the parking brake sounds. Sometimes I engage and disengage it three or four times in a row and pretend I'm Maverick with Goose as my rio launching off an aircraft carrier.
That's a great movie. Can't wait for Maverick to come out.
R.I.P. Nick "Goose" Bradshaw

herox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Si
Thanks, the Top Gun theme song will be playing in my head next time I disengage the parking brakes lol.
Sponsored