Installed my Corbra CAI yesterday and the increase in power was way more than I expected.

RehabJP

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.stoneautotech.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Wow. First drive I took after installing the Cobra I could feel the increase in power plus the temperature delta between pre intercooler and intake is down by 20+ degrees. Awesome.

One question is since the intake filter is in the wheel well with no vent would cutting a vent of drilling a couple holes in front of where the intake housing sits help?
Sponsored

SixSpeeder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si, 2021 Wrangler Unlimited High Altitude
Country flag
Wow. First drive I took after installing the Cobra I could feel the increase in power plus the temperature delta between pre intercooler and intake is down by 20+ degrees. Awesome.

One question is since the intake filter is in the wheel well with no vent would cutting a vent of drilling a couple holes in front of where the intake housing sits help?
Be careful with cutting holes near the filter if you drive in the rain ever, that might not be the best idea for something that’s driven on the street.

It seems like it’s getting plenty of cold air currently.

HustedDrums

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Type-R
Country flag
Yeah, the extra air might not be the best for the vehicle. Sometimes more isn't always better. You MAY...key word may need a special tune once you start drilling and creating more ways to get air to the CAI. Just my two cents.

You can do whatever you want to do!

OP
OP
RehabJP

RehabJP

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.stoneautotech.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Be careful with cutting holes near the filter if you drive in the rain ever, that might not be the best idea for something that’s driven on the street.

Good point yea no issue seems just sitting in the wheel well getting air I know they have the right side panel slotted stock I believe for the inter cooler air flow was thinking doing something like that on the other side but yea I guess you do not want the filter getting soaked.

Jay_Tech

First Name
Jarrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si
Country flag

One thing to do if creating a vent if you are worried about water is getting a filter wrap. It doesn't restrict air flow much but if you get a good quality one they come available with hydrophobic coatings to help keep water from getting to the filter.
Sponsored