What type of oil does everyone use?

USNengineman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Chevy Colorado z71
Country flag
Just a random question. Not sure if this thread exists or not. If it does I'm sorry for the repetition!!
What type of oil? Company? Do you use the recommended weight? How often do you change your oil? Do you use OEM filters or another type? How much oil do you use?
Not having any issues, I'm just honestly curious on every ones take on oil.
Sponsored

zspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback FK7
Country flag
Have you read your owner’s manual and seen the oil cap? Lol.

I am still using the 0w-20 OEM oil and oil filter although I already bought a Mobil 1 full synthetic 0w-30 for my next oil change.

Jens_sedanEX18

First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Ex
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Haven’t been driving my car enough to need an oil change. But yet I got a coupon from my service manager at the dealership for a complimentary oil change. I had my car since June of this year. And yeah... lol mine takes 0w-20 oil and I use full synthetic in all my cars I’ve owned. I’ve only paid off one car in my lifetime lol ONE!!Lol

Last edited:
OP
OP
USNengineman

USNengineman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Chevy Colorado z71
Country flag
Have you read your owner’s manual and seen the oil cap? Lol.

I am still using the 0w-20 OEM oil and oil filter although I already bought a Mobil 1 full synthetic 0w-30 for my next oil change.
Yea bud.... pretty sure i said just curious. I just changed with 0w-20 mobil 1 and mobil 1 filter. LITERALLY just curious what everyone does....

OP
OP
USNengineman

USNengineman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Chevy Colorado z71
Country flag
Haven’t been driving my car enough to need an oil change. But yet I got a coupon from my service manager at the dealership for a complimentary oil change. I had my car since June of this year. And yeah... lol mine takes 0w-20 oil and I use full synthetic in all my cars I’ve owned. I’ve only paid off one car in my lifetime lol one! Lol
me too man!!! I usually go the OEM route but i figured if im adding more than OEM parts it might be demanding more than OEM quality.

bugboy32337

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe (MSM)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just a random question. Not sure if this thread exists or not. If it does I'm sorry for the repetition!!
What type of oil? Company? Do you use the recommended weight? How often do you change your oil? Do you use OEM filters or another type? How much oil do you use?
Not having any issues, I'm just honestly curious on every ones take on oil.
My go to oil company is Mobile1.
I use the recommended 0W-20, full synthetic.
I use an OEM filter, and change the crush washer on each oil change.
I change mine when the Maintenance Minder first tells me there is 10% life on the oil (usually around 6500 - 7000 miles).

Gotch

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Si
Country flag
Amsoil SS 0W/20 with Amsoil or Wix filter. I change at 20-30% on the MM. usually 10-12k kilometers.

jason510

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I change mine when the Maintenance Minder first tells me there is 10% life on the oil (usually around 6500 - 7000 miles).
What he said....or you could do what a lot of people do which is completely ignore the MM and do it every 3,000 or 5,000 like we used to do 15 years ago and waste money.

letsgoMINAJE

First Name
Minaje
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CBP Si Sedan
Country flag
I did my first change at about 7k miles and used Pennzoil Platinum 0w-20 full synthetic with oem oil filter. Might change it up on the next go around, but from what I heard Pennzoil Platinum is really good.

shibles

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Summer months I go 5W-30, winter months debating 10W-30 or just 5W-30, all fully synthetic. Amsoil SS is best, but it's expensive. Pennzoil Ultra is next best along with one other I can't remember. Higher weight is better protection, that's what I've learned from the shop I worked at. Unless the customer says otherwise we always use 10W-40. This is on 944s, 911s, 918s, Mercedes E, C, and SL classes, every car we work on. Oil weight is debated on pretty much every car, so it's up to your discretion and research. Oil filter I don't recall right now, I have it written down on a note in my owners manual, I'll update when I check it.

OP
OP
USNengineman

USNengineman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Chevy Colorado z71
Country flag
What he said....or you could do what a lot of people do which is completely ignore the MM and do it every 3,000 or 5,000 like we used to do 15 years ago and waste money.
LOL i guess im that ass hole that wastes money!! Its just been a habit with every vehicle ive owned to change it every 3k.

OP
OP
USNengineman

USNengineman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Chevy Colorado z71
Country flag
where do you buy your crush ring from? the dealer or what?