benjaminh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Accord EX Orchid
I knew Honda wouldn't disappoint on the prices :) Roughly 22k after destination for the EX-T. Perfect.
Actually the EX-T is $23,060 after destination. It's 22.2k before dest. But in a few months you should be able to get it for about 22k with some negotiation.
Sponsored

05 Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Si Coupe
A Honda will almost always have a higher build quality, more standard and exclusive features, higher reliability, higher safety, etc. Also add to the fact that Honda does not sell to rental companies, unlike its competitors. If you rental sales away, the Civic, Accord, Odyssey and CRV far outsell the competition.

So I asked them simply," do you want the cheapest car or the car that gives you the best value?"

It's as simple as that.
I think most people don't consider this when comparing Civic sales figures against its competitors, which makes the numbers even more impressive. Think about how much fewer Corollas that Toyota would sell without rental fleet sales. Every rental co. has lots of Corollas as a basic bread and butter compact rental option. That's why Honda's have always seemed more premium to me as a brand compared to the other Japanese brands.

Viva la vida

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EX-T
I think most people don't consider this when comparing Civic sales figures against its competitors, which makes the numbers even more impressive. Think about how much fewer Corollas that Toyota would sell without rental fleet sales. Every rental co. has lots of Corollas as a basic bread and butter compact rental option. That's why Honda's have always seemed more premium to me as a brand compared to the other Japanese brands.
+1 I love Honda's policy of no discounted pricing (i.e. fleet sales). It could easily discount and sell to rental car company and other big buyers, but the company developed the no discount policy to protect resale value of its cars. Rental cars are dumped on the market by rental companies after just 1-2 years of service and they're usually in bad shape from the abuse that rental cars take. So if Honda sold to rental companies, the market would be flooded with crap quality cars being sold by rental companies, which in turn drives down the resale value and reputation of our Hondas and brand.

This is one of the reasons I buy Hondas.

CB22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
In between cars
+1 I love Honda's policy of no discounted pricing (i.e. fleet sales). It could easily discount and sell to rental car company and other big buyers, but the company developed the no discount policy to protect resale value of its cars. Rental cars are dumped on the market by rental companies after just 1-2 years of service and they're usually in bad shape from the abuse that rental cars take. So if Honda sold to rental companies, the market would be flooded with crap quality cars being sold by rental companies, which in turn drives down the resale value and reputation of our Hondas and brand.

This is one of the reasons I buy Hondas.
Ditto. Another reason I am looking at the Civic over the Focus. Tons of fleet sales from Ford, although I can't say I know how much will occur when they bring over the RS from Europe.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Honda Civic EX-L Sedan
So this is how it looks when you add Destination Fee

2.0 Engine Sedan
LX 6 Speed = $19,475
LX CVT = $20,275
LX with Honda Sensing = $21,275
EX = $21,875
EX with Honda Sensing =$22,875

1.5 Turbo Sedan
EX = $23,035
EX with Honda Sensing =$24,035
EX-L =$24,535
EX-L with Honda Sensing =$25,535
EX-L Navi =$25,535
Touring =$27,335
Idk why people wouldn't just get the 1.5T EX instead of the 2.0 EX. It makes more logical sense you get 16 more hp and a TURBO ENGINE for only $1,260 more!!!
Agree or disagree?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
that's really the worst part about wanting one of these ASAP. I know they won't budge on the price because they won't need to lol.
Demand exceeds supply at the moment. Also give it like 5 more months until mid February-March and go on TrueCar and it'll probably be $1,000 of msrp.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So the models I'm most interested at this point would be the 1.5T EX+Sensing and possibly Touring. At 23,200 vs 26,500 MSRP, do we have any idea yet what you'd get for the extra 3,300 in the Touring?

Do we know yet where the 7" display with Android Auto comes in?
IMHO, the touring isn't worth the price tag. Look at it this way. You can buy LED lights for $240 depending on what you prefer. You already get the 174 hp. What else do you need? The EX is perfectly suitable and the more logical and financially smart choice!

firstblud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
You mean the EX-T, but i concur and am leaning that way myself. Your resale value diminishes as you move up the trims.

HondaGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
Honda's Touring line of vehicles are aimed for those who want a particular class/size of vehicle full of luxury amenities, without the luxury price. This is targeted for those customer who don't car so much about the emblem in front of the car, as opposed to those who want to say " I drive a BMW", even though it's a stripped down 320i. To the rest of the world, that guy drives a BMW. They don't see that it has fake leather, no premium audio or Navi, no anything.

Having worked for luxury dealers in the past, I can tell you that what you get on the new Civic Touring, you would be hard pressed to find a new luxury vehicle under $45k (excluding Acura), that offers you all the same features.

For someone who wants (not needs) luxury amenities, the Civic Touring is the deal of the century. This is buyer is not saying "I just paid $27k for a Civic". No. He/she is saying a just paid for $27k for......
A turbo engine
Leather seating
Heated seats, both front and rear
Full LED lights
A 450 watt audio system
Cameras everywhere

and much, much more.

And this makes the Civic line great, in that it offers a trim fit for just about everyone, including the luxury buyer.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda's Touring line of vehicles are aimed for those who want a particular class/size of vehicle full of luxury amenities, without the luxury price. This is targeted for those customer who don't car so much about the emblem in front of the car, as opposed to those who want to say " I drive a BMW", even though it's a stripped down 320i. To the rest of the world, that guy drives a BMW. They don't see that it has fake leather, no premium audio or Navi, no anything.

Having worked for luxury dealers in the past, I can tell you that what you get on the new Civic Touring, you would be hard pressed to find a new luxury vehicle under $45k (excluding Acura), that offers you all the same features.

For someone who wants (not needs) luxury amenities, the Civic Touring is the deal of the century. This is buyer is not saying "I just paid $27k for a Civic". No. He/she is saying a just paid for $27k for......
A turbo engine
Leather seating
Heated seats, both front and rear
Full LED lights
A 450 watt audio system
Cameras everywhere

and much, much more.

And this makes the Civic line great, in that it offers a trim fit for just about everyone, including the luxury buyer.
Let me reword what I was trying to say. For people under the age of 25, the 1.5T EX is the best solution. Because this specific target market will definitely do all the after market parts and such.

HondaGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
At the end of the day, it's great that Honda is giving buyers multiple choices of the Civic, including the new Touring model. Having the choice is a wonderful thing.

I'm sure buyers who have picked up the Touring model already absolutely love their cars!
Sponsored