Question about quick release steering wheel

Retr0JDM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R/ 2019 Audi A6 45TFSI
Country flag
I'm thinking about getting a Nardi+Works Bell quick release set. Is there a way that I can keep the multifunction steering wheel control module while using the quick released wheel?
Sponsored

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
I'm thinking about getting a Nardi+Works Bell quick release set. Is there a way that I can keep the multifunction steering wheel control module while using the quick released wheel?
Very unlikely. They're eventually wired through the airbag module if memory serves.

OP
OP
Retr0JDM

Retr0JDM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Very unlikely. They're eventually wired through the airbag module if memory serves.
The only quick-release wheels I know that can still have all those buttons on is made by Seeker JPN, and they're not sold in the U.S....FML...

Z06Chris

First Name
C. Yi
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type-R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
The only quick-release wheels I know that can still have all those buttons on is made by Seeker JPN, and they're not sold in the U.S....FML...
Just ordered the Seeker wheel. Luckily I have family in Japan that is sending it to me. Otherwise, companies here don't seem able to get that part. I did ask Gaijin Garage but they wanted a big markup on it.

OP
OP
Retr0JDM

Retr0JDM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Just ordered the Seeker wheel. Luckily I have family in Japan that is sending it to me. Otherwise, companies here don't seem able to get that part. I did ask Gaijin Garage but they wanted a big markup on it.
That's so bad. I know Worksbell is making something similar to the seeker ones. Guess I have to wait for that.

HomieGohan

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R | 1999 Civic Hatch NDF Style
Country flag
I"m relocating only certain buttons I want on the left side of the steering column where you have 2-3 empty slots for buttons. I don't ever use cruise control so I'm deleting it. I'm adding a Sparco steering wheels with NRI Hub.

Z06Chris

First Name
C. Yi
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type-R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
looks like Seeker has an option to order direct form their site for overseas customers

http://www.seeker.co.jp/overseas/
I just e-mailed them to see what they say.
On their main product page it says they do not do overseas shipping.
I tried several different vendors in USA and all told me they can not get the steering wheel shipped here.
The only luck I had was with gaijin garage but they wanted a lot more than $800 + shipping.

Honda Civic 10th gen Question about quick release steering wheel Screenshot_20200820-153822_Chrome

Z06Chris

First Name
C. Yi
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type-R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Got an email back. They use EMS and EMS has suspended all parcel shipments from Japan to USA indefinitely. They're thinking until at least 01/01/2021.
I asked if they have DHL, UPS, or FedEx accounts and they don't. Not sure why it's pictured there that they do.

RBrackett

First Name
Ramon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R Aegean Blue Metallic
Country flag
Got an email back. They use EMS and EMS has suspended all parcel shipments from Japan to USA indefinitely. They're thinking until at least 01/01/2021.
I asked if they have DHL, UPS, or FedEx accounts and they don't. Not sure why it's pictured there that they do.
dang that sucks! you can always use a proxy or a mail forwarding service. markups should be a lot less than Gaijin. might be worth looking into

Z06Chris

First Name
C. Yi
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type-R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
dang that sucks! you can always use a proxy or a mail forwarding service. markups should be a lot less than Gaijin. might be worth looking into
You just saved my ass.... My cousins had all my Seeker stuff for a few days since we didn't know JapanPost and EMS suspended all air mail. Almost had no hope of shipping it out because he lives over an hour from nearest DHL or FedEx.

I looked up a place and found forward2me.com that will ship via DHL from Japan to USA. Thanks man!

Honda Civic 10th gen Question about quick release steering wheel 20200818_232317

Z06Chris

First Name
C. Yi
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type-R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I never really cared for QD steering wheels cuz I lose the button function. But after this thread it's look better and better. I wouldn't mind that WORKS wheel .....
That looks like a good option if you don't get the Seeker wheel. I wish the seeker one had sleek outer bezels for the buttons like that one does. Maybe my friend can 3D print something for me. I do prefer the buttons to be within thumbs reach though.

RBrackett

First Name
Ramon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R Aegean Blue Metallic
Country flag
You just saved my ass.... My cousins had all my Seeker stuff for a few days since we didn't know JapanPost and EMS suspended all air mail. Almost had no hope of shipping it out because he lives over an hour from nearest DHL or FedEx.

I looked up a place and found forward2me.com that will ship via DHL from Japan to USA. Thanks man!

20200818_232317.jpg
No prob! not many people know of or forget about forwarding services which are cheaper than distribution channels but also help in situations like these. no real restrictions on them unless the country goes on lock down. glad i could help!